EricaRose
Hello. I had to put my Maestro to sleep on Saturday 8-3-19. It was so hard to do this. I wanted him to get better and be with me but he couldn’t breathe because of some mass growing in his mouth and up into nasal cavity. I didn’t have a biopsy because it would have cost a lot of money.

He would have been 16 on 10/30 this year. I’ve had him since he was 6 weeks. My son was 10 now 26. I’m hurting so bad and feeling guilty. I think maybe I should’ve went for the treatment or testing. He had cataracts and his hearing was not good. I didn’t want him to suffer anymore.

I’ve been crying every day since he died. Seeing him on the table not breathing just got to me. I’m having a hard time. I’m 41, never married, and was a single mom. My family consisted of me, my son, and Maestro. My son is out of the home and has his own family. That left me and Maestro. Now Maestro is gone. Although my mom lives with me now I feel so alone. I’m so devastated. My Maestro is not with me. I can’t believe he’s gone.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome Maestro. Making that final difficult decision for our beloved pet is heartbreaking. But we do it to end their suffering. We do it out of love. In June I had to make that decision for my sweet Jagger. Like Maestro he had a mass in his mouth, cataracts and hearing loss. He also had arthritis and a heart condition. I chose not to have him endure testing and treatment. It would have been painful and scary for him and probably wouldn't have helped.

Clearly you loved Maestro and gave him a long, wonderful life. I hope in time happy memories bring you comfort.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
EricaRose
Thank you so much. It’s like I’m still in shock and can’t believe he’s no longer her. Seems so surreal. 😭
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Shock and disbelief are normal. Like you I said goodbye to Jag on a Sat. I don't have much memory of the following day. Then Mon I had to go to work and act normal. It does get easier but it takes time. I have found a lot of comfort here. I hope you can too.
Quote 0 0