Demi_Mom

I guess I'm not real sure how to do this, but a good friend of mine suggested this site.

This past Friday night, I unexpectedly lost one of my dearest friends & closest companions... my sweetest girl, Demi. :'(

My other pup and I were so lost all weekend, without Demi around. And it was SO strange and sad this morning as I was getting ready for work and there was no Demi nudging my back to be petted, or standing next to me and laying her head on my lap as I sat and did my hair...
Quote 0 0
Baloomom
I am so sorry for your loss. I too have lost my best friend...my boy Baloo....tomorrow it will be 3 weeks and my heart has a huge hole in it. He was totally white in the face...he was 12 and a half.
Demi's picture is precious....through her eyes you can see her sweet soul.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I'm so sorry about Demi. the loss of these precious animals is so hard to bear. I am at 8 months today since I lost Maddie, and my heart stil aches, though I can cope better. the first part will be rough, but know that there are lots of people here who will support you and help you get through this. your other pup will be grieving too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Judy

Quote 0 0
donnalee
I also am so sorry for this huge loss.  Demi and Baloo were both absolutely beautiful. Both of them---you can just see the sweetness on their faces. 
As far as "how to do it here"----I don't think there is a set thing to do but most just write about their feelings, what they are experiencing, and tell us about their best friend and companion.  I hope you will tell us more about Demi when you feel like doing that.  Some write directly to their furbaby on the thread and find that to be therapeutic.   This is just a place to find support and encouragement from people who have been through it and understand the sadness and pain you are feeling.  People here are at all different stages of grieving so it can give you hope because you see others have made it through.  It's so true....all those little daily routines at home constantly remind you of your baby.  It really takes a lot of time to adjust.   All you can do is let your grief out for now.  Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. 
Quote 0 0
Demi_Mom
Thank you for your kind words and support. It truly helps that others understand just how important my pups are to me. Not everybody gets that, but I have wonderful parents, my son, a sister, and several friends who do, along with the kindred souls I'll find here, so I know I'm not alone.

Demi was especially special to me because she was the first furbaby I've ever had on my own; my son and I adopted her shortly after I bought my house 9 1/2 years ago. Her story was that a farmer found her with 2 other dogs on his land and was going to shoot them (awful, I know, but perhaps they were harming livestock?), but found Demi to be so darn sweet that he called the Humane Society instead. So she was just pretty darn special through-and-through.

Please know that I am sorry for the losses you have suffered, as well. Thank you for sharing with me.

Angie
Quote 0 0