morgan12152019
We had to put my sweet Flower to sleep yesterday after only having her for 4 months. She was 5 months old and we rescued her and her brother Louie from our local shelter in February of this year. Flower and Louie were my first pets as an adult but sadly yesterday we had to put Flower to sleep after finding out she had an extremely rare blood condition. My boyfriend and I are devastated and just wish we could have done something. Her brother Louie is trying so hard to make us happy but I think he knows we are mourning the loss of his sister. I am sure a lot of you can sympathize but I have never felt such a connection to an animal like I do with Flower, she was my kitty and my heart is completely broken not having her now. My boyfriend has offered we save a little kitty from the shelter but I am so weary since Flower and Louie came from the same litter and had always been together. Will Louie accept a new kitty and love it like his own sibling? I just want the pain to go away and to stop crying.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Morgan 12152019,

I am very saddened to read of your loss of "Flower." What a cute and wonderful name.

I came across a black, long-haired kitten here behind my office who had been born in the berth of an abandoned speed boat in 2018 and named it "Kona." I heard what sounded like a baby crying and it was Kona calling out for help. I think it had exposure. I brought it into my office and fed it. It was so tiny. Only a few weeks old. It only lasted a few days and showed signs of "Fading Kitten Syndrome" which I did not even know existed. But before the kitten passed I held it near my head and it would bury itself in my hair and purr. It was so affectionate and kind.

As sad as this experience was, I was very grateful to have come across the kitten when I did and let it know that it mattered. That a human cared. And that I tried to save it as best as I could. That even though it only had a very short life, it experienced human affection and kindness in the end. 

I fostered and then adopted another kitten 10 months ago. 2 months after my other rescued cat "Marmalade" passed. I had planned on never having another pet in my lifetime. But the kitten quickly won over my heart and has become a great friend to me. He is a black and white Tux cat with a little black mustache that I named "KID" after the classic silent Charlie Chaplain movie "The Kid." About a man who adopts a street orphan. I also call him "Captain KID" as he is our mascot here now.

I hope your other kitten "Louie" (< another great name for a cat!) continues to heal-up from his loss. Just be extra gentle and patient with him. He is no doubt confused. Treats, toys, love and affection. Just being there for him will help with his grief. I do believe he would appreciate having another cat to play and grow up with. But he most likely needs time to adjust.

I send you wishes and prayers for speedy healing. Taking Flower (and Louie) in when you did was very admirable. I'm so grateful that for the time of her life Flower had, knew and loved a Mommy like you who truly loved and adored her. The measure of your grief is the measure of love she felt from you during her lifetime. And that is a true blessing.

All my best regards & sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Dear Morgan 12152019,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You did a beautiful thing by adopting two little kittens who needed you.  At least your sweet Flower knew true love for a short time and that means a lot.  Be kind to your little Louie and allow yourself to grieve.  James makes some very good points and gives sound advice.  Louie would probably enjoy a friend to play with, but do it whenever you are ready.

Best to you and hugs.
Quote 0 0
morgan12152019
Memories of Marmalade and JulieF-

You two have done so much for my saddened heart, I don’t know if either of you will ever know what these comments meant to me. Thank you for your so kind words, sending you both all of the love, hugs and prayers. 
Quote 0 0
Caddy
My condolences to your sweet baby Flower and thank you so much for rescuing. Maybe down the line here you can rescue another kitty when you are ready. There will always be a sweet baby needing a forever home. I know it is absolutely devastating to loose a baby and so young too so allow yourself to feel what you are feeling. Hang on to your sweet Louie with love and affection. Let him help you heal because he will be a huge help with you both to get through this. Sending you and your boyfriend and Louie much love and again I am truly sorry! Sending you all three big hugs! 
Jinjer Pastor
Quote 0 0
morgan12152019

Jinjer-

thank you SO much for your kind words. this community is amazing and comments like yours have already helped heal me tremendously. we have made our minds up that we will be adopting another kitty down the road but will take this time to love our Louie extra hard. Thank you so much again. sending love ❤️

Quote 1 0
Caddy
Your very welcome! Hang in there! <3
Jinjer Pastor
Quote 0 0