redgirlraven
My sweet boy died, without me, on an operating table at a specialty vet on June 20th, 2019.  It has been hell.  Lately, it has been easier to push away and focus some on work and other aspects of life, but the past few days the grief, guilt, and absolute sorrow has come roaring back with a vengeance.  
I Miss you my sweet boy.  Your brothers miss you.  I ache for you.  I cannot believe you are gone.  I hate the many ways I failed you, including your last moments on this earth.  What I wouldn't give to have you back home!
I am so so so sorry.
I hurt.
I am lonely.
I wish you were here right now in my lap.
I'm sorry.
AR
Quote 0 0
Brownie74
I'm so sorry for your loss, i know how you feel. Its never easy losing a dear loved one. Ill keep you in my prayers. Know that your Boy walks beside you!
Hugs and prayers Jess
My boy, Brownie
Quote 0 0
Sayuri
My girl died at the hospital where a neurologist told us she'd have a better chance if they treated her pneumonia aggressively for two days. I don't know what I was thinking. My poor Baby was a scared, semiferal little dog. 36 hours later she was dead. After I looked at her medical records, she didn't even have a fever, she needed fluids bc she had been regurgitating. I'm positive she died of fear and anxiety. I am so sorry for your loss. Not saying goodbye is very difficult. I expected to see her in two days. I cry every day. Best regards
Quote 0 0
AlissaK
I’m so sorry for your loss. I understand completely. I lost my sweet Charlie last November. She was just a year old and was attacked by my neighbor’s dog. I have a tremendous amount of guilt. My husband was also bit trying to save her from the attack. I was at work when he called me. I got home as fast as possible..she was still alive, in fact she wasn’t bleeding so I rushed my husband to the hospital. Eventually she did start bleeding. I feel guilty that I was at work and not there to protect her. I feel guilty that I didn’t check her belly...my husband only thought the dog had her by her head. I feel guilty that it took me 2 hours to get her to the hospital. If I had taken her right away she may still be here. I feel guilt and unbelievable sadness that she died alone in a cage. Turns out the dog had punctured her bladder. The worst part was when we went to see her after we got the call. I almost wish we hadn’t. I cannot get the image of her cold, stiff little body out of mind. I just want these feelings to go away so I can remember all the good times we had. I feel your pain. I feel your guilt.
Quote 0 0