Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 49     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
SquirrelCatcher

Reply with quote  #61 
Oh snap!
So Maggs was a sneaky laundry thief!
No wonder she reminds me of Sally.

Sally was very well behaved. House broken, no attacking people, loud barking, no chewing of shoes. 
She was a dirty little sock thief though. After a while I just gave up and went to Target and got myself 60 pairs of socks and surrendered myself to the fact Sally would bury half of them in time for laundry day. I can still see her running in and out of my room on endless trips when she got that sock itch that could only be scratched by burying my socks in the backyard. Visitors would be in awe at watcher her run in and out of my room at full speed over and over until my sock drawer was empty. I never disciplined her. I encouraged her and moved the sock drawer to the bottom of the dresser for easy access and always left it open and stocked full of clean socks. My goodness I can just see her and Maggs teaming up and going after the socks. My backyard would be full of holes! Maggs and Sally all muddy and dirty looking all innocent and begging for snacks with their eyes!
CKMP

Reply with quote  #62 
SquirrelCatcher
Thank you - you have brought a smile to my face.  Absolutely those two little 'sneaky laundry thieves'!  I am with you, "if you can't beat them, then make their jobs easier"!  I can just see those two in tandem - one taking the socks out of the drawer or out of the piles of laundry and the other running like heck to bury it! And as you say - all innocently -with the eyes saying 'who us?'  and 'yes, it IS time for a treat'!
Thank you so much for the picture and story - it came at a very needed moment!   Hope Baby and you are doing ok.
SquirrelCatcher

Reply with quote  #63 
We are ok for now. Took the day off to drive folks to the airport and Baby is now napping in my lap while I catch up on the forum. I am babysitting my folks doggies so they are also asleep around the room. Looking out the window and getting ready for a cool evening Florida shower in a bit. Cheer up. We can't stay sad all the time.

:)
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #64 
CKMP - it will all be ok.

Hugs...
Betty
Ell99

Reply with quote  #65 
so true ckmp- a couple of people this week have looked at me strange when i say im still sad. one said "maybe you should go to counselling". it is natural and normal to be sad that my best friend has passed away.  i also dont say anything to anyone. if they ask i say im doing ok. elle
CKMP

Reply with quote  #66 
Maggs,
As always thinking of you.

'If wishes were puppy pets, how happy I would be,
As I'd always have you close and give you lots of these.
If wishes could make those wants come true,
Maggs,  that would mean I would be seeing You!'

. . . all those precious moments spent with you and your sister mattered.

Maggs - so loved, so adored, so missed.
Ell99

Reply with quote  #67 
it is so hard without them. i still look at photos and cannot believe i wont be seeing that beautiful little face again - its distressing.
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #68 
Loved your poem to Maggee.  Hope you had a better day today.  Tomorrow will be 15 weeks since I lost Little.  Still hurts.

Hugs...
Betty

CKMP

Reply with quote  #69 
Maggs,
Today is the day . . . 92 days ago  . . . it still feels like this morning some days and like a lifetime ago other days.  You are so very, very loved and very, very missed.  Yet, you would know this as I am hoping each day you are still listening and hearing all the talk to You and about You and for You. . . I know you never liked tears and upset so this is just to say you are such a special little girl - Your sister is lounging on your favourite chair this afternoon and the skies have opened and are dropping gentle "rain tears" for you today.  [I think much to your displeasure . . .as going outside on an afternoon like this would necessitate me running with you to keep the umbrella over you while you decided to do your business! Oh well, you know I would give anything to be able to do this again . . .]  Right next to your sister is your 'sweater' and she is determined to lay her head upon it as she often laid her head on your back . . . We are trying hard to make sure she is ok as you are also part of her . . . as she is part of you - you two were so darn close to one another always.  
I still ask you to forgive me - and I still want you to know I would never have done anything to lose you or hurt you.  I hope your kidneys are good, the Addison's is gone and you can run, jump, skip and hop down the roads like you often did.  Mostly I hope you are eating all those foods that were so restricted and that you are still the 'fruit and veggie' hound you always were.   Not only did I call you my little 'miracle' Maggs, but also many days thought you might be the first 'almost vegetarian' dog I had ever encountered! 
Today is a sad day Maggs, but also a day for a thanking of all you gave to life.  Your determination, your gentleness and your 'kindness' and acceptance of all that came your way - and always the gentle paw at your sister, or the little nudge as you two trundled up the road on your walks . . . just a little reminder to her that you love her . . .The 'smile' and the characteristic swing of your head as you turned around to make sure we were coming right behind you and your sister, then the hop and off to running you would be with Kass right behind you.  The chase would be on, and as she past you you would pick up some speed and grab her tail!  You too had fun!
A sweetheart girl always. .   . The candles burn all day for you today . . .The Maggee Bark has been made . . .  and you are so so much a part of this home . . .  Thank you, just thank you . . . 

Maggs - so loved, so adored, so missed.

'Your end is endless . . . love is immortality.'

winstonsmom12

Reply with quote  #70 
I am also still so very sad.  I can't even say Winston's name without choking up.  I never tell anyone, except all of you here, that I am still grieving him.  I still cry everyday.  My daughter was here the other night, and I mentioned Winstons name, and of course i cried.  I told her how much I still missed him.  She understands a little, but  doesn't want to listen to me.

That's OK though.  I do my grieving on this forum.  Thank all of you for being here.   Sue

Reply with quote  #71 
Sue,
I understand and feel the same completely.  I have really stopped talking about Maggs to most everyone.  Which only goes to show us, our true friends and companions are really those special fur ones that share our every days and our every ups and downs and who are truly accepting of us as we are.  Winston was your special companion and as far as I am concerned the only thing that really matters is how You, Winston, Peanut and Molly feel.   Every tear that falls is merely a 'watering of the love and care' you have deep inside for Winston.  And I am sure both Peanut and Molly are willing to listen each and every time you need to talk about how much Winston is missed and what an impact he had on your life.  This forum is indeed a blessing - thank you for being there too.
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #72 
Thinking of you and hoping things get easier for you.  I'm so sorry you are sad today.  I'm sure Maggee is watching over you.  Maybe she will visit or you will get a sign.  Take care of yourself.

Hugs...
Betty
CKMP

Reply with quote  #73 
Maggs

I am grateful for having known You.
You took your illness in stride; you never ever cried, whined or yelped.  You moved through life with joy, love for your sister, finding pleasure in the smallest things [like that leaf that wasn't on the road yesterday on your walks!] and with dignity in the face of 'adversity'.  You trusted me and were unrelentingly loyal - devoted.

How I hope your body is calm, healed and at peace with relief from any and all discomforts.  And how I wish so selfishly You were still here physically.
I am so sorry if I let you down. . . and decided too soon . . . 
I thought it was right  . . . 

Maggs - so loved; so adored; so missed.
You are a miracle in my life - and I am so grateful for You!

BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #74 
CKMP - I had a dream yesterday morning that my Little was healed - no lumps and he was well.  It would be so wonderful if that was real and I had him back!  I know your Maggs is healed and well also.  Both of our babies were so stoic and brave.  My Little went through so much and was so good about it.  I'm so sorry we put him through so much and the cancer still won but we did fight it the best we could.  I'm sure your Maggs understands and knows you did everything you could to help her.  I hope she gives you a sign soon.  Take care of yourself and I hope better days are ahead for you!

Hugs...
Betty
CKMP

Reply with quote  #75 
Betty - I am so glad Little is giving you some clear and definite signs. It eases the your pain for a moment and helps you to know he is free from his pain, his discomfort and his need for meds! How nice to see him - he is now your "Little dream cat"!
If we could turn back time . . . We would all want that one more chance to have them back physically whole and healthy. I think Maggee may have sent a sign but I so desperately want to see this that I am wondering if it is just wishful thinking . . . I think about her all the time and am still struggling as many are to put away that guilt and those self doubts.
I hope your day is one of those better days and Little stays close with Batman right behind . . . Hugs right back for you -
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.