metsfan3105
Hi everyone,
  This breaks my heart to write this but I'm not sure where to start so I will the moment I saw the smallest puppy I have ever seen.

I was at work one morning in July 30th 2012 when my boss came to me and said "I saw something crawling in the grass and I know you love animals" so we went out in the open field and I saw this little black puppy crawling so slowly in the grass. I picked her up and brought her inside, her eyes were barley opened. She had my heart at that very moment I held her in my hands. I then sent my husband who at the time was my fiancé a photo of her cute little face and all he said was no! I knew I had a little convincing to do with him but he took one look at her that night and she became daddy's little girl. The vet told us that she was around 3 weeks old and looks healthy. We named her Molly she was so cute with her little ears and barley opened eyes.

As time went on she knew she had us wrapped around her. We got married a year later. We took her everywhere we went, we took Molly to both her grandparents house and even her great grandparents! She Loved my parents dog, Molly's Uncle Toby, she loved going to the beach, chasing our cats around the house  she loved running around like a crazy girl. We built a house in 2014 so that she could have her own yard to run around and protect. She loved to cuddle, loved to sleep on our bed under the covers between her mommy and daddy.

Sunday January 31st 2016 started like a normal Sunday for us slept in late , lay in bed with Molly, figure out what we were going to do for the day. It was a nice day not hot and not to cold so I suggested that we should go to the beach for a little bit with Molly. So we got ready she was so exited to go jumping up and down telling us to hurry up. On the way there she was being so sweet giving kisses when you asked and even when you didn't.

We got to the beach and parked the car and she pulled us to the water wanting to jump in. We put her long leash on her so we can still keep her close to us. My husband threw the frisbee, she came running back to us and dropped it played with her daddy and he threw the other Frisbees he ran to get and fell. We didn't know what was going on I ran and picked her up my husband came running grabbing her and running towards the car. MY husband and this kind Stranger had tried to give her CPR but it was to late. She was gone just like that no longer with us. It felt like a dream I wanted to wake up from and fast. But it wasn't our baby was taken from us so soon so sudden.

We talked to our vet and many other people and everyone has said it most likely was her heart. But I cant help fell like we did something or we should have did more.

Sunday we went back to the beach and did a little memorial for her with the people she loved most and left flowers and a sign to remember her by. 

The past ten days has been so hard for me and my husband Molly was/is our baby. Im not sure how to move past this pain, my heart is still broken. I hate coming home and her not being here. I sure one day we will be together again and the pain will all be gone

Thank you for reading our story <3

Quote 0 0
DaniC
Oh my goodness, I'm so terribly sorry. I know your heart is broken. Sending you love and strength and words of understanding.

DaniC
Quote 0 0
metsfan3105
Thank you so much DaniC ❤️
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh honey you didn't do anything wrong.  It seems we ALL manage to find some way to feel guilt no matter what the circumstances are.  My Molly had a stroke and went quickly too although not as fast as your baby.  I know the grief is just AWFUL  I am 9 weeks away and still struggling.

You came to the right place to express your grief and get support.  Wonderful caring people here all suffering just like you are.  I am sending you lots of hugs.  Take care of yourself and please know that you did nothing wrong.  She loved what she was doing and didn't suffer.  Take some comfort in that.  Meet my Molly.
chair.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
sbsad
I am so sorry for your loss. I think everyone manages to feel guilt, whether a pet dies on its own or whether everything technically goes "right" and a dog lives to a nice, ripe old age but then you still have to give the final go ahead to the vet to end your pet's life.

Time really is a healer. I'm not sure I believed that right after my dog died (at the beginning of Dec -- she was 15 years old), but that gut-wrenching awfulness doesn't last forever. Everyone has their own timeline. I didn't feel as despondent at two weeks out (I still cried everyday but I no longer felt like my life might be ruined forever), and now, a couple of months later, I'm ok. I miss her and feel badly because I go for longer periods of time without thinking about her, but I am happy to be able to enjoy life and stop obsessing and feeling constantly sad. So hang in there.

I'm glad you had a memorial for her. 
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I am so so sorry. What an absolutely heartbreaking thing to happen, and Molly was so young also..   Just try to remember the wonderful life you and your husband gave her, from the very minute she crawled into your lives. She would have known how very much loved she was, and there really was nothing you could have done for her at the end.

We lost our beloved dog just over 8 weeks ago, it really is the most awful time- you must be kind to yourselves, and remember there is no time scale to grief. It takes as long as it takes. One thing I am sure about is that we will all be reunited with them one day
                                  Sending you big hugs, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
MyTacoBaby
Metsfan3105: That is so sad. The shock of losing our little babies is so difficult. It's almost unbearable. Your baby was so beautiful and so well taken care of...don't blame yourself. You were great pet-parents. Hugs & prayers coming your way. Thanks for sharing pictures.
Quote 0 0
metsfan3105
Beaglemomma wrote:
Oh honey you didn't do anything wrong.  It seems we ALL manage to find some way to feel guilt no matter what the circumstances are.  My Molly had a stroke and went quickly too although not as fast as your baby.  I know the grief is just AWFUL  I am 9 weeks away and still struggling.

You came to the right place to express your grief and get support.  Wonderful caring people here all suffering just like you are.  I am sending you lots of hugs.  Take care of yourself and please know that you did nothing wrong.  She loved what she was doing and didn't suffer.  Take some comfort in that.  Meet my Molly.
chair.JPG 

Thank you for the kind words. Your sweet Molly is very cute and im so sorry for our loss
Quote 0 0
metsfan3105
sbsad wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I think everyone manages to feel guilt, whether a pet dies on its own or whether everything technically goes "right" and a dog lives to a nice, ripe old age but then you still have to give the final go ahead to the vet to end your pet's life.

Time really is a healer. I'm not sure I believed that right after my dog died (at the beginning of Dec -- she was 15 years old), but that gut-wrenching awfulness doesn't last forever. Everyone has their own timeline. I didn't feel as despondent at two weeks out (I still cried everyday but I no longer felt like my life might be ruined forever), and now, a couple of months later, I'm ok. I miss her and feel badly because I go for longer periods of time without thinking about her, but I am happy to be able to enjoy life and stop obsessing and feeling constantly sad. So hang in there.

I'm glad you had a memorial for her. 

Thank you, Im sorry for our loss also and im happy that you are doing better and able to be happy. I hope I can get there one day
Quote 0 0
metsfan3105
jimmy17 wrote:
I am so so sorry. What an absolutely heartbreaking thing to happen, and Molly was so young also..   Just try to remember the wonderful life you and your husband gave her, from the very minute she crawled into your lives. She would have known how very much loved she was, and there really was nothing you could have done for her at the end.

We lost our beloved dog just over 8 weeks ago, it really is the most awful time- you must be kind to yourselves, and remember there is no time scale to grief. It takes as long as it takes. One thing I am sure about is that we will all be reunited with them one day
                                  Sending you big hugs, Jackie. x

Thank you so much for your kind words Im also so sorry for your loss. Im sure we we see all our babies again
Quote 0 0