Pecan_mom
Hi, we lost our beloved dog on Friday early morning.  She was very healthy until things changed around 6:30pm she wasn’t herself anymore and kept hiding.  I called a few vets and they told me it’s a good idea for her to be seen but it’s not life threatening. It’s better to wait and take her to her own vet in the morning. I monitored her all night but things changed around 2:30am.  I rushed her to emergency but she passed away as soon as the doctor walked in to see her.  I haven’t been stopped crying.  I feel guilty as she was my responsibility and I feel like I failed her.  I miss her so much. I see and feel her everywhere.  I’m sad, mad, and anxious. If I find a moment to smile I feel guilty as this is so new.  She would have been 9 next month and was with me all the time.  She was my best friend.  I don’t know if I can survive this.  
Sp
Quote 0 0
ChunkysMom
Good evening,
I’m truly so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. My deepest condolences to you & those affected by this loss 😭 I had to let my beloved cat, Chunka cross the Rainbow Bridge last Friday as well. It’s been almost a week & each night I am crying so much because I miss her so much. I feel so empty and lost without her. All I do is think of her & no matter how many times and/or how hard I cry, the weight of sadness can’t be lifted off my heart. As we’ve often heard & you are probably aware, guilt is a natural response to grief. In regards of your baby, I believe guilt is not meant to be something negative or something bad. It’s a way to show that you loved your dog unconditionally. The fact that you took notice of how your dog came to be & that you did your best to seek advice from individuals who know pet care shows immense love, care, and nurture for your dog. When she passed, at least you were there by her side, no matter where it was or could’ve been. I see her natural passing as her courage to transition to the Rainbow Bridge & she would want you to know that her courage was all thanks to you. She knows that you loved her so much, that there was a bond of 9 years that formed, & you gave her the best life possible ❤️ I’m not sure if my words sound corny and may not help at all but I at least would want you to know that you are not alone. I am here with you during this difficult adjustment that I’m far from achieving but slowly doing all I can. Our babies will never abandon us ❤️ Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts as I try to find ways to find comfort in my own unbearable loss 😢 I’ll pray for your healing!
Love ALL my babies: Chunka (cat: 2003-2020), Nana (cat: 2006-2015), Middy (cat: 2016-2017), DeWalt (Boxer dog: 2007-2018), Gsxr (dog: 2007-2018), & Nitas (Pug: 2007-2018) ❤️
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
Thank you so much for your sweet message. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.  Knowing that I’m not alone helps a lot.  I wish both our babies were still here. My deepest condolences to you.  
Sp
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Pecan Mom, I’m so sorry for your loss.  Please don’t blame yourself!  You had no idea what was going on medically.  I understand how hard it is, still grieving myself.  Hugs to you.  Please stick around, this community has helped me tremendously. 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
Pecan_mom
I have been really mad for the last couple of days.  I had a dream about Pecan.  She was happy, healthy and young when I went to touch her she disappeared.  My daughter had a dream that she was sleeping beside us calmly like she did for 9 years.  I keep thinking why did she leave us d sad I soon?  Why can’t I hug, touch, walk and talk to her anymore?  Why now?  Why didn’t I take her sooner?  Is it my fault she’s gone?  I was feeling little better about blaming myself but the feeling is back.  My heart is heavy and every part of my body hurts.  I don’t know if I can truly be happy again!  
Sp
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
So sorry. That was really sudden. She didn't have any illnesses? It will take a while to feel better. It is really hard without them especially in the beginning. My dog passed away six months ago and I still miss her. I always will.

Michele
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
I hope my heart can heal someday.  Thinking about Her sweet face and her innocent eyes makes my heart ache.  How can I be happy when my best friend, confidant, my walking partner is no longer with me.  She was always with me.  She was so loyal to me how could I let her go?  How can I ever be ok with this.  I like to hear from some of you who are starting to feel better so I know there’s hope.  Does everyone feel guilty and blames themselves?  I would keep her forever if I could, why did she leave me so soon?
Sp
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
She didn’t have any illness.  At least we had no idea!  She was happy, healthy.  I bought the best food, had a great vet, she walked every day and chased my daughters all day.  Our lives changes in 8 hours.  She was healthy and running around and left us forever 8 hours later. It was so fast we had no time to say goodbye or process it. 
Sp
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
That would be very hard since it was so unexpected and sudden. It is difficult no matter what even when you expect it. Give yourself some time. It takes time either way. Six months later I still cry and miss her every day. But the heaviness isn't as much as when it just happened. I still have times I can't breath. I will never get over the loss. One of the dogs in my neighborhood who was maybe 8 -10 years fell over and passed away on a walk a few years ago.

Michele
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
Thank you Michele and everyone for your sweet words and support.
Sp
Quote 0 0