gabbygirl999
Yesterday , 7/22/19 I had to put my beautiful sweet dog to sleep.  She was an apricot toy poodle and I loved her so much.  She would have turned 15 this coming Saturday.  In the past year she developed puppy dementia.  They call it something...cognitive something.  She has not been the same.  She was already blind and deaf but had adjusted to it amazingly well but the dementia made her crazy.  OCD behavior and there was nothing we could do to comfort her.  She had become a loner dog when she was the most wonderful lap dog, always ready to kiss and give and receive our love.

I am so heartbroken.  Will I ever feel good again?  I know you are all grieving too and I know how much it hurts.  I am so sorry.  When do we stop crying,  When does the hurt stop.  I can't take this pain anymore.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet, little girl. I am sure she had a wonderful life and was very much loved. It is so hard to make that final decision for our pets but we do it because we love them and it is right to end their suffering. It gets better over time. But it takes time.

There are many people here that understand your pain. It can help to share pictures and stories. But it is fine if you are not ready for that.

Jan
Quote 0 0
gabbygirl999
Thank you for your thoughtful words, Jan.  Many of us are dealing with these losses and they just hurt so much.  Gabby was loved, so, so much and she had a great life.  She was a true lap dog.  She only wanted to be close to us.  That's how we knew she was not well.  She just wanted to sleep and be left alone.  We were of no comfort to her anymore.  She loved beach walks and running in the grass.  She would hide toys and bones for us to find in the furniture.  She would bark at the couch and we knew she hid something in the pillows.  She cuddled every night with us and was happiest when both my husband and I were in the room with her together.  It is now so painful to be in my house without her.  She was so integral in our lives every day, every night.  

I miss her very much.  Here is a picture of my sweet Gabby.  Gabby june 2018 copy.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
She's adorable and it's so cute that she hid toys for you to find. I know it is hard and you miss her joy and affection. I hope in time the good memories of Gabby bring you comfort.
Quote 0 0
gabbygirl999
thank you...I hope so too.  You are very kind to respond.

Heidi
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I hope you are doing better and remembering Gabby as the sweet lap dog she was.
Quote 0 0
gabbygirl999
Thank you, Jan. I am working my way through this grief. Only managed 3 good cries today...much less than yesterday. This is so hard. My baby was so beautiful and I miss her terribly. Thank you for your kind thoughts and concern

Heidi
Quote 0 0