Dustbunny Show full post »
Dustbunny
My throat hurts and is raw from all the crying. Dusty got to spend her lifetime with me but I've got to keep on without her. I can't accept it yet. I look over 10 years of memories and wonder could I have saved her if I did something different? If I had just asked them to do bloodwork back in October could I have prolonged her life? I keep thinking I should have brought her home Saturday instead of leaving her. If I had only known that was the last day I'd see her.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I've wondered that same thing with Raven so often I can't count the times anymore. It's so easy to beat yourself up over all the what-ifs and the maybes. It might have prolonged their lives for a little while, but who knows what quality of life they'd have? Or if it would help at all?I tried giving Raven all kinds of supplements, ivs and anything I could think of, but it only made her more upset and she'd run from me, and it hurt me to see her spending her final weeks a nervous wreck. I finally just stopped and made up my mind to make our remaining time together count. Sometimes we just have to trust in our hearts. Don't add guilt to your grief. You gave Dusty such a wonderful life. I know our babies are always in our hearts, but we'd all rather have them in our arms 🐺🐱❤
Quote 0 0
Dustbunny
Day 3 since losing Dusty and I still miss her but today was a little easier. I haven't cried just teared up. We went to the mall and found an ornament of a grey kitten in a Christmas stocking and we got "In memory of Dusty" on it. My mother in law is ordering a personalized rock for her grave and I'm planning a memorial garden around it. I still want to talk about her all the time and luckily my husband is understanding. I don't like being alone but I have to face it.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I'm glad you found the ornament and I think it's wonderful your mother in law has ordered the marker! Sometimes little things like that are what get us through. I've got a beaded bracelet my friend's sister made after Raven left. It's got black cats and hearts on it, so I can take her everywhere with me. Just take it one day (or minute) at a time, and give yourself permission to grieve, to say no, to feel what you're feeling. There's no time limit or rules to this. We just do whatever we have to to get by.
Blessings 🐱🐺❤
Quote 0 0