lettersatlarge

My Dante's urn arrived.

I came home on Friday night, I opened the package. His urn is so lovely, it even resembles him. The urn is inspired by the Egyptian god of Funeral Rites, Anubis. A god with a jackal/dog's head. I felt it would be fitting for him.

I carefully placed his ashes in the little velvet blue bag I was given for them, along with his cremation certificate. It's sitting, visible in our living room with his little collar hanging from it. All my feelings of sadness have returned. He's home, but he isn't at the same time. I loved my precious little boy so much. I miss you.

Quote 0 0
Romeos_Daddy
That's a really nice urn.  Seems more personal than the ones I have seen.  The ears are great and even looks like him.  I found some urn jewelry online and had a necklace made for my Romeo.  It has an engraved photo with words and a little place to put some of his ashes.  I find myself rubbing it when I need him most or miss him.
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

Romeos_Daddy wrote:
That's a really nice urn.  Seems more personal than the ones I have seen.  The ears are great and even looks like him.  I found some urn jewelry online and had a necklace made for my Romeo.  It has an engraved photo with words and a little place to put some of his ashes.  I find myself rubbing it when I need him most or miss him.

I'd love to see it! I considered a piece of jewelry but I'm so scared of losing it/getting robbed.

Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

Note: This item was gifted to me from an etsy store. It looks like they have various sizes/colors/patterns available as well as urns for cats. If anyone is curious, they're beautiful.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CharmCeramics

Quote 0 0
Romeos_Daddy
Also on Etsy, this is where I had Romeo's pendant made. They are priced reasonable and I was thinking of getting one or two more to hang in my car and just in case I loose one as well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/242890101/photo-engraved-heart-pendant-stainless?ref=shop_home_active_11

See attached photos for what I sent in for a photo and how the laser engraving came out. I think they did a great job.
Romeo Engraving shirinked.jpg  Romeo necklace shrinked.jpg 

Quote 1 0
lettersatlarge

Romeos_Daddy wrote:
Also on Etsy, this is where I had Romeo's pendant made. They are priced reasonable and I was thinking of getting one or two more to hang in my car and just in case I loose one as well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/242890101/photo-engraved-heart-pendant-stainless?ref=shop_home_active_11

See attached photos for what I sent in for a photo and how the laser engraving came out. I think they did a great job.
Romeo Engraving shirinked.jpg  Romeo necklace shrinked.jpg 

That's so lovely <3

Quote 0 0
MyBella
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20170602_205217_910.jpg, Views: 1, Size: 186.62 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: Screenshot_2017-05-04-09-24-15-1.jpg, Views: 1, Size: 236.50 KB

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Dante, so wonderful that you brought him into your life and home at an older age, such a beautiful thing to do, absolutely so beautiful.
You gave him such a loving home to call his own, and your Dante I am sure made your house a home. 
That is a beautiful urn, I sincerely wish for you to always feel the love and warmth that your Dante continues to fill your heart with, your handsome boy will always be close by, so be sure to continue to talk to him, letting him know how much you love him still.
I can't get over the similarities to my little Bella, the way his feet stick outwards, the shape of his head/ears and just the body and all, Dante has lighter colored fur, but do they ever look so similar.
Thank you for your post on Bella's thread, it made me smile to read that your precious Dante also did the hasping thing, Bella rarely barked, but she knew how to get her message across by the way she hasped/husped at us.
I am so sorry for your loss, sending my warmest and biggest wishes for you to find the peace and healing your heart deserves.

Sincerely, Don
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge
MyBella wrote:

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Dante, so wonderful that you brought him into your life and home at an older age, such a beautiful thing to do, absolutely so beautiful.
You gave him such a loving home to call his own, and your Dante I am sure made your house a home. 
That is a beautiful urn, I sincerely wish for you to always feel the love and warmth that your Dante continues to fill your heart with, your handsome boy will always be close by, so be sure to continue to talk to him, letting him know how much you love him still.
I can't get over the similarities to my little Bella, the way his feet stick outwards, the shape of his head/ears and just the body and all, Dante has lighter colored fur, but do they ever look so similar.
Thank you for your post on Bella's thread, it made me smile to read that your precious Dante also did the hasping thing, Bella rarely barked, but she knew how to get her message across by the way she hasped/husped at us.
I am so sorry for your loss, sending my warmest and biggest wishes for you to find the peace and healing your heart deserves.

Sincerely, Don

Thanks so much, Don. His little feet always stuck out a little but moreso when I first had him home with me. The people before fed him garbage and never walked him, he was actually overweight, here, but you can't tell head-on. I had him on a "diet" that first month, I made him his own dog food with ground turkey, rice, and veggies and he quickly got in better shape and had more energy. He was so tiny but he could easily walk more than a mile! At the end, he'd been recovering from a pretty intense 10-teeth extraction and I had him on a similar diet, except softer/blended, and because of his age and heart, only felt up to walking a few blocks. Funny how things come full circle.
Quote 0 0