Eliasson
my beloved golden retriever Daisy passed away in her sleep yesterday. I'm having such a hard time coping. The pain is overwhelming. She was my best friend and loving companion for 14 years. I miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Daisy.  Please post pictures when you can, we would all love to see her.  I totally know how you feel.  The pain is unbearable at times.  Do whatever you need to grieve....sing to her, talk to her, whatever helps.  I can't say that the pain gets any less, everyone grieves at their own pace.  Don't let anyone tell you to "move on"...  you will know when/if that is possible.  Nothing is worse than the loss of a forever pet.  Hopefully she will give you a sign that she is okay.  I never thought that possible until it happened to me, and it is very comforting.  Hugs to you..take care of yourself.  They give us nothing but joy and love...

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Eliasson
thabk you so very much for your kind words. I will try to figure out how to post a picture :). She was so beautiful and so sweet. Thank you for the suggestion to talk to her and sing to her. I hope she knows how much I love her.
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Daisy. I lost my precious Golden Retriever, Murphy, 5 months ago today on June 18. It still seems like yesterday. He was the love of my life. Goldens are such wonderful, beautiful and loving dogs and their eyes express everything. I write to him here every night which helps somewhat. I just tell him what I'm thinking and what's going on at home. Dali is right. We all have to grieve at our own pace. People who don't understand what it's like to love an animal as a child have never experienced that unconditional love. Those of us here have, and understand completely what you're going through. The loss of a beloved furbaby is as bad as it gets. I hope Daisy will send you signs soon too. I've had some from Murphy and they've been a huge help. I look forward to seeing pictures of Daisy. It's nice to see who our furangels are playing with at the Rainbow Bridge.

Again, I'm sorry for the loss of Daisy.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Eliasson
Thank you so much. I am sorry for your loss of Murphy. I just wasn't prepared for it to hurt this much. She saw me through so much, was so precious and tender hearted and loving. I loved her like one of my children. I honestly don't know how to cope. I'm so grateful to have had her in my life. I hope this gets easier some day. Thank you for all the kind words and support. I'm so glad I found this forum and would like to believe Daisy sent me here :)
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Daisy. The only way it seems to get "easier" is that eventually you will learn to live with a void, a hole in your heart, a piece of you gone forever. You will recall more of the good memories than the bad ones you are probably thinking of now. For some that can take a long, long time. I can empathize with you completely. Lucy was there for me through so many changes in my life. For 10 years she was a constant comfort and companion. It feels like I lost a limb or something. Look for signs, they will come when you don't expect them to, and they will present in different ways. It helps to write about your baby and talk to her. Don't forget to take care of yourself. I know that's usually the first thing to go in a tragic event like this but Daisy loves you and would not want you to suffer more than you already are.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Eliasson
thank you so much. It has been two days now and the pain just seems to be getting worse. I want her back. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and tho she died in her sleep I worry that she suffered or felt alone and scared. My surviving little shi tzu seems sad and won't eat and I worry obsessively that something will happen to him too and don't want to leave him. My heart feels like it is literally breaking. People around me seem to be getting annoyed at the level of my grief and I feel guilty about that too. I cling to the hope that her spirit is still with me and she is happy and at peace and knows the depth of my love for her. Thank you all for your kindness and understanding.
Quote 0 0