Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 18     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #61 
Hi Heather,
I agree with Jackie. Your post is heartbreaking because it reminds us of so many cherished things we miss about our best friends. 💔 You have captured them beautifully in your words to Norm! I also love his latest picture: such a happy looking boy with the brightest eyes! I hope you are doing okay.
Hugs, MJ
normsmom

Reply with quote  #62 

Shark:

Laika's photo is so beautiful. You can see the wisdom and kindness shining through. My heart goes out to you as you look towards your first Christmas without her. You will be in my thoughts.

Jackie:

I am very reassured by your words today. Like you, I started with scepticism but a deep ache and longing to believe Norm is still with me. After a month without my sweet Norman I am afraid I am going to forget the little things, the special things that made him so uniquely him. I will keep looking for his signs. I know if I keep coming here, reading the stories of others, it will help me to keep him close.

Don:

I am amazed by the fact that people here remember anniversaries and special dates. I can't tell you how comforting it was to see your post on the 4-week anniversary of losing sweet Norm. It means so much to have someone remember and honour him. I hope to do the same for others here as I learn everybody's stories. 

MJ:

Thanks as always for your comforting words and constant support during these early weeks. It helps so much to share this pain with people who have been there - in your case, right down to the date of November 10th! I hope Charlie is enjoying the winter weather, and that Bailey is right there beside him, supervising and smiling. :)

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #63 
Hi Heather -thank you so much for your lovely words on Jim`s thread, it truly means so much to me.   Like you say, this forum is a wonderful place, full of the most caring and compassionate people who all understand just how much we love and miss our babies - and I am so glad you have found comfort here too.      Jim was full of personality - just like your Norm, and I imagine they are having a great time over the Bridge - but always finding time out to come and give us a little sign every now and then..... 

Sending you huge Hugs,   Jackie. x

Reply with quote  #64 
Hi Heather,

Thinking of you and your beautifully handsome Norm as another Friday has arrived already, they come faster each week, especially this time of the year.

With the holidays fast approaching, and it being your first one without Norm, I send my most positive thoughts for you to find the strength needed to make it through these holidays.
Heather, there will be days of utter complete breakdowns, and that is perfectly alright. When those moments come, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here, email me if you like, we are all here for you, to help you through this most difficult journey. 
Do remember, your sweet Norm is with you each step of the way, he will find a way to let you know exactly that.

Sending my warmest wishes for such peace, healing and the warmth of your handsome Norm's loving spirit to always find your wonderful heart.

Your Friend Always, Don

Image result for whoever you hold in your heart is forever a part of you

normsmom

Reply with quote  #65 
Don - you are such a kind and wonderful man. Thank you for your caring words and that wonderful quote yesterday, 5 weeks since Norm passed. To be honest, I am dreading the holidays. It has snowed substantially here and my Norman just loved the snow so much. It makes me sad to look outside and wish he was here to see it. Even in his later years, he would become puppy-like again with the first snowfall. Tearing around in it with joy and glee, barking up a storm, even trying to bite the falling snow on our walks. I miss him so much. I will definitely reach out when I need to. As the rest of the world moves on, it is so nice to have a place to come, where my grief and my memories are so welcomed and well-understood. Wishing you and Vera a wonderful Bella-ful Sunday tomorrow. 
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #66 
Hi Heather,
I remember our first Christmas after Bailey passed. I was dreading it as well. I didn't want to decorate but then my sister suggested that we decorate even more than usual in Bailey's honour so that he would look down and feel very proud. I also made some donations to animals causes in Bailey's name. I asked them to send a card so that I could include it in his memory box and it made me feel good picking those up in the mail and knowing Bailey's death was helping some other unfortunate animal. I guess everyone finds their own way through this awful grief but I thought these ideas might help a bit. Thinking of you and beautiful Norm!
Hugs, MJ
normsmom

Reply with quote  #67 
Hi MJ,

I hope Charlie is enjoying the winter weather! :) Thank you for the ideas about celebrating Norm this holiday season. It was a good reminder actually.Right after Norm passed I donated to some animal charities in his name - just the feeling of wanting to do SOMETHING in a time where I felt like I had no control at all. It helped. Honestly, I think it's one of the only times I've felt good since this terrible time began. I will do some more of that on the darker days. It really helps to know other animals are being cared for in his memory. Thank you for reminding me of that. 

As for decorating, I'm not doing so well there yet. I've got the Christmas tree lights on and some Christmas music playing today. It's a start. Ha. :) 

Thanks, as always, for your kindness and support. I'm amazed that you take the time to come here and support others the way that you do. Sweet Bailey would be very proud. I hope you are decorating up a storm again this year in his honour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey15
Hi Heather, I remember our first Christmas after Bailey passed. I was dreading it as well. I didn't want to decorate but then my sister suggested that we decorate even more than usual in Bailey's honour so that he would look down and feel very proud. I also made some donations to animals causes in Bailey's name. I asked them to send a card so that I could include it in his memory box and it made me feel good picking those up in the mail and knowing Bailey's death was helping some other unfortunate animal. I guess everyone finds their own way through this awful grief but I thought these ideas might help a bit. Thinking of you and beautiful Norm! Hugs, MJ
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #68 
Hi Heather,
I understand exactly what you mean about being able to do 'something' in a time where you have no control. That awful feeling of being helpless when our little friends are very ill is so difficult and painful.
Thank you so much for your kind words about Bailey being proud! That means a lot!! This forum is such an amazing idea because so many people out there just don't understand how strongly we feel about our losing our babies - and it can feel so isolating! The forum helped me so much - especially during those early, dark days.
I'm happy to hear you hear you have a start on your Christmas decorating and also have some Christmas music playing! I hope that you are able to feel Norm's presence over the holidays. I think he will stay close to his mom's side and be smiling whenever he sees you smile. I know it will be a difficult Christmas for you this year Heather, without your beautiful boy. Please believe that it is temporary - we will see them again - and thinking about that reunion and how amazing it will be always brings a smile!
Sending extra hugs,
MJ 🤗🎄
normsmom

Reply with quote  #69 
Thank you MJ. You always know just the right thing to say. I think Bailey will be doing the same. 
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #70 
Heather, I know this is a difficult time for all of us, but knowing that we have so many friends, here, who are walking with us on this journey makes it a little easier. You are one of those friends, bless you. Norm will be close by your side, I know, he is never far from you, that bond holds the two of you together for eternity. Wishing you the best possible Christmas and know that our thoughts are with you.

Deborah and Charlie

Reply with quote  #71 
Hi Heather - thinking of you today, and especially with Christmas just around the corner.  Its still very raw for you, and losing Norm so close to the "happy" season can make the loss feel so much harder to bear - we lost Jim just 12 days before Christmas and I just felt like hiding myself away from all the festivities....         As Charlie rightly says, you have many friends here, so anytime you need to "talk " there will always be someone here - I know I got so much help and understanding which was a great help to me .  

While this Christmas will be difficult without your handsome Norm, I truly believe he is always close beside you - and he lives forever in your heart.   Wishing you peace, and continued healing.

Big hugs, Jackie. x

Reply with quote  #72 
My sweet Norman,

This is the first Christmas without you. There is so much snow outside. You loved the snow. Actually, you were the reason I loved the snow. Your joy at bounding around in the snow made the shovelling, the winter driving, the boots and coats and hats etc. all worth it. Now it's just a painful reminder that you aren't here to enjoy it.

Is it weird that I still can't believe that you are really gone?

I had a dream the other night that I took Tucker outside in the backyard and suddenly you appeared and were running around too. Even better, you came up on the deck and I got to hug you. In the dream, I knew you were gone, and I was so shocked to see you suddenly there with me. I was so afraid that you'd disappear before I got to hug you, but you didn't. You came right up to me and I felt your warmth and your fur and it was the best feeling in the world, even though it was just a dream. I've seen you in other dreams but that hug was just the best thing ever. I miss you so much, my boy.

Merry Christmas my beautiful man. I love you and I miss you every single day. 

12415941493_25a16609c7_o.jpg 

11573209814_b8ac5dcc9e_o.jpg 

16025484237_9683169b22_o.jpg 

24352333479_bcbd81b289_o.jpg 

IMG_3610.jpg 

Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #73 
Heather, I just had to post after seeing those pictures of Norm. Like I said in another post he has such a happy look on his face, so sweet, so loving. Every time I look at him, it gives me a warmth, a peace, I don't know how to explain it, but it does. Also, he is one of the most photogenic pups I have seen, such wonderful pictures you have for your memories. Thank you for sharing.

A few months after China had passed I had a dream like you described. I was able to pick her up, she was so little, and hug her close to my face. I could actually feel the warmth, the softness, the love. It was the absolute most wonderful moment to have, and it sounds like you had the same sensations in your dream with Norm. I woke up in bed, and was shaking a little, I cried but they were tears of joy, of thanks, for this one more time to hold her. There were other things that happened in that hug but I can't write about it now, it's still difficult, but I can say it was a blessing. We live in Florida and I always wished my Nicky could have experienced snow, I wonder what he would have done. 

This is a difficult time, and I've said it before but I wanted to tell you what a blessing you are on this forum. You are doing what is so difficult, helping others while you are taking those steps of grief yourself. This honors Norm, this shows your strength and the love you had for your 'beautiful man'. Thank you for your post on China, Nicky, and Noel's topic. Your words are comforting. I will be coming up soon on China's one year anniversary, and to know that I have so many friends here like you and the others, that's the one thing that gives me the most comfort, it's a place where we can rest our hearts and let our emotions and words flow and know that we are understood. Blessings and peace to you.

Reply with quote  #74 
Norm's Mom,
Thank you so much for your kind and understanding words...Wishing you a Christmas and within that day many moments in which you feel your boy's presence.  May his light shine brightly for you and within you...He is forever with you. Sending you many many hugs and know your grief and sorrow is shared within the heart...Your Norm is beautiful and now your angel - nearby, listening and still holding his mom's love and soul within his perfect paws...Take care of yourself - and again wishing you a Christmas of peace and calm...Those moments [of your photos] have become those precious memories....
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #75 
Hi Heather, Thank you so much for your beautiful post on Molly’s page. I’m so sorry for your loss of Norm. His photos are precious. It’s so difficult losing our best friends, especially all the firsts and special times of year. One of the blessings, though, is that as we meander through that fog of grief, we begin to realize our babies are still very close. They’re still guiding us and sharing our love. We begin to see things we never noticed before as they send us signs to show us they’re close by. Someday we will hold them again, until then we’re forever connected. Sending you lots of hugs and wishes for peaceful healing with Norm close in your heart...from me and Molly.

Dawn

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.