Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 18      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Shark88

Registered:
Posts: 66
Reply with quote  #16 
To Norms mom:   Please accept my deep deep condolences on the loss of your beloved Norm.  Your Norm was a very handsome guy indeed.  Please know that you are not alone by any stretch when it comes to having to make one of life's most difficult choices in letting go of your very best friend and companion, Norm.   A friend who always accepted you and loved you unconditionally.   The Word of God, which is the basis of all truth and life, gives us just a glimpse of the afterlife for both man and animal.   There is no doubt an animal kingdom within what Jesus described as "Paradise".    An animal kingdom where the lion will lay down with the lamb, fully at peace with each other.   It was not the animals that sinned against God in the Garden of Eden, it was man who sinned.   Unfortunately animals (including your Norm) and all life on earth do bear the consequences of the sin, but the story does not end there.   The Almighty is a great and good God who is just and forgiving to those who seek him while they can.   And remember, as you celebrate this Christmas season, that not only did Joseph witness the birth of Jesus the Son of God, several animals also witnessed it.  Also, read about Noah's Ark, how God had mercy on (only 8 people) & many animals and set the rainbow in the sky as a token of his covenant with man and animal.   Next time you see a rainbow in the sky, think of God's mercy and also think of Norm.  Yes, animals are a special creation of God and most certainly there are animals in heaven and most likely the pet animals that have gone on before their owners (including your Norm) are now drinking from the pure river of water of life.  During this Christmas season make a decision to follow The Lord and gain a hope and peace that everything will be o.k. and know that Norm (& all of his buddies) are at peace within God's kingdom.   Blessings and mercy to all on this forum who have lost one of God's most special creations.    
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,329
Reply with quote  #17 
Hi Heather,

Thinking of you and Norm on this Friday, one week for you without your beautiful boy. I hope you sense your Norm's loving spirit on your walks and always feel his love in your heart.
Norm will always find a way to let you know he is never far, that his love surrounds you no matter where you are or where you go.

Thank you for your wonderful, heartfelt words on little girl's thread, we appreciate you taking the time to write to us...thank you Heather.
Sending our biggest wishes for the your heart to always feel the warmth of your handsome Norm.

In Friendship, Don & Vera


0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #18 
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me and for your kind words about my boy. You are right - he did accept and love me unconditionally. I will remember to think of him next time I see a rainbow. I am sorry for the loss of your Laika. It sounds like you made the kindest decisions for her both in life and at the end. She was lucky to have you. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark88
To Norms mom:   Please accept my deep deep condolences on the loss of your beloved Norm.  Your Norm was a very handsome guy indeed.  Please know that you are not alone by any stretch when it comes to having to make one of life's most difficult choices in letting go of your very best friend and companion, Norm.   A friend who always accepted you and loved you unconditionally.   The Word of God, which is the basis of all truth and life, gives us just a glimpse of the afterlife for both man and animal.   There is no doubt an animal kingdom within what Jesus described as "Paradise".    An animal kingdom where the lion will lay down with the lamb, fully at peace with each other.   It was not the animals that sinned against God in the Garden of Eden, it was man who sinned.   Unfortunately animals (including your Norm) and all life on earth do bear the consequences of the sin, but the story does not end there.   The Almighty is a great and good God who is just and forgiving to those who seek him while they can.   And remember, as you celebrate this Christmas season, that not only did Joseph witness the birth of Jesus the Son of God, several animals also witnessed it.  Also, read about Noah's Ark, how God had mercy on (only 8 people) & many animals and set the rainbow in the sky as a token of his covenant with man and animal.   Next time you see a rainbow in the sky, think of God's mercy and also think of Norm.  Yes, animals are a special creation of God and most certainly there are animals in heaven and most likely the pet animals that have gone on before their owners (including your Norm) are now drinking from the pure river of water of life.  During this Christmas season make a decision to follow The Lord and gain a hope and peace that everything will be o.k. and know that Norm (& all of his buddies) are at peace within God's kingdom.   Blessings and mercy to all on this forum who have lost one of God's most special creations.    
0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #19 
Wow. Thank you so much for remembering that this is one week since I said goodbye to Norm. I had planned to come here to write to him again and it meant so much to see that you had remembered and checked in on us. I so appreciate your kindness and understanding. I read in another thread that you have Bellinis to honour Bella and I think that's just fantastic and it sure made me smile. :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Hi Heather,

Thinking of you and Norm on this Friday, one week for you without your beautiful boy. I hope you sense your Norm's loving spirit on your walks and always feel his love in your heart.
Norm will always find a way to let you know he is never far, that his love surrounds you no matter where you are or where you go.

Thank you for your wonderful, heartfelt words on little girl's thread, we appreciate you taking the time to write to us...thank you Heather.
Sending our biggest wishes for the your heart to always feel the warmth of your handsome Norm.

In Friendship, Don & Vera


0
jimmy17

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,696
Reply with quote  #20 
Heather, first of all I`m so very sorry for your loss of Norm - I have only just seen your post, and he was one handsome boy.  Such expressive eyes - in fact he reminds me quite a bit of my dog Jim who passed almost 2 years ago - the similar expression, the sheer joy of life is all there in "that" look....          Learning to adjust to life without our best friend and soul mate is very hard - probably the hardest thing I`ve ever gone through, and the first few weeks pass by in a state of disbelief - but it does slowly get better, especially with the help  and support of so many wonderful people here on this forum.          As Don say`s, Norm will find a way to let you know he remains by your side  - they are so adept at sending us little signs that let us know the bond with them continues...      Sending you peace and healing,

                                                                                       Hugs, Jackie. 

__________________
J Taylor
0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #21 
My beautiful, sweet man:

It has been one full week since the last time I stroked your fur and whispered to you how much you are loved and told you that it was okay if you had to go but that I really hoped you would stay.

It has been one week since I brought all your favourite treats and arrived at the vet, determined to try to get you to eat something, only to hear the devastating news that this was not something temporary that could be fixed, and that your suffering would only become greater, and quickly. The shock still hasn't worn off. I thought we would have a few more years, my sweet boy. 

It has been one week since I sat with you in your final hours and pet you and spoke softly to you. I wanted your last memories to be sitting on a couch with us, hearing our voices laughing and telling stories, and getting a last taste of cheese, which you loved so much. I am so grateful that the animal hospital had a beautiful quiet room to say goodbye to you in, complete with a couch for us to cuddle on, and gave us all the time we needed before we had to say goodbye.

It has been one week since I looked deep into your eyes, told you how much I loved you, and watched as the life left your body, so peacefully. I was the last thing you saw, and I hope you saw in my eyes how much love I have for you, how much you have meant to my life, and how things will never be the same without you my sweet man.

It has been one week since you gave me the last sloppy Norm kisses you would ever give. 

It has been one week since I tried to be strong and loving for you in your final hours.

It has been one week since I had to say goodbye to my best friend. 

It has been one week, and it still hurts like it did after one minute.

I miss you so much Norm. The house is so quiet. I love you.

5334334862_d7018d2bc8_o.jpg  5410800130_650c81f345_o.jpg    IMG_0709.jpg 



0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #22 
Jackie - thank you so much for your comforting words. I had read about Jim on another thread and had the same thought about their similarities.

It's helpful to hear that it does get better. "A state of disbelief" is a perfect way to describe how I feel right now - well said! I'm hopeful to hear your words that it gets better though, and finding this place has been a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy17
Heather, first of all I`m so very sorry for your loss of Norm - I have only just seen your post, and he was one handsome boy.  Such expressive eyes - in fact he reminds me quite a bit of my dog Jim who passed almost 2 years ago - the similar expression, the sheer joy of life is all there in "that" look....          Learning to adjust to life without our best friend and soul mate is very hard - probably the hardest thing I`ve ever gone through, and the first few weeks pass by in a state of disbelief - but it does slowly get better, especially with the help  and support of so many wonderful people here on this forum.          As Don say`s, Norm will find a way to let you know he remains by your side  - they are so adept at sending us little signs that let us know the bond with them continues...      Sending you peace and healing,

                                                                                       Hugs, Jackie. 
0
Chinadoll

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 767
Reply with quote  #23 
Oh my goodness, what beautiful pictures!! I'm so moved by your post today, it was such a tribute to Norm, your words so heartfelt and loving. I remember the first week, thinking many times I would 'wake up' and everything would be as it was. I know how you feel, my heart goes out to you and my blessings are for you on this Friday. I want to thank you so much for sharing your pictures today of Norm, they are absolutely wonderful. The joy and peace in his face, shows perfectly why we love them so much. I don't know who the photographer is in the family, but they are stunning. The last one of him swimming, so perfect. Sleeping, playing in the snow, swimming in an endless view, they capture so many feelings. Blessings and comfort to your family. Thank you.
__________________
Charlie
0
Bailey15

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,123
Reply with quote  #24 
Hi Heather,
I love your letter to your beautiful Norm! I know how much you miss him and how very painful it is. 😔 I remember looking around sometimes, in those early days after Bailey died, and just saying "Where are you?" My brain couldn't comprehend what had happened. I agree with Charlie: the pictures are amazing!! When I look at them, I see a beautiful, happy dog who enjoyed life to the fullest; whether it was swimming, playing in the snow or just being totally relaxed in a loving home. You gave all of that to him and in turn he gave you his love. Such a beautiful story but so heartbreaking that it has come to an end - for now. I do believe we will see our babies again. I love what you said about Tucker having you throw the ball for 2 hours. Such a happy thought although I know that Norm is never far from your mind. I love Charlie so much but I think of Bailey every day. They will live in our hearts until we see them again. Thinking of you - especially today and wishing you peace. ❤️
MJ xo
0
jdb79

Registered:
Posts: 90
Reply with quote  #25 
I can tell you this, Ive felt every bit of the grief you describe. 17 years, my best friend. Almost 8 months since, a new unexpected dog crossed paths with me. Never thought I could have another dog but ol man Jake. Funny how the gift of the dog makes you ok again. I miss my ol dude even still. You will be o k .

Jake the Snake

Whats funny, is you think you wont heal, a passing of true best fur covered friend is nothing to sniff at, then one day you look at the pictures and smile and laugh. Youre happy for knowing them.

Attached Images
jpeg 12512751_10207053546310718_1859721961892269284_n.jpg (98.31 KB, 5 views)


__________________
jdb

0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #26 
Thank you so much, Charlie. The feeling of thinking I will wake up has started to pass, and the reality of his absence has really settled in. Thanks for the kind words about the photos. He was a beautiful boy, full of antics, and one of my favourite photography subjects. I am so grateful I took so many photos. They are painful to look at now, but I hope one day I will be able to look at them and smile. Thank you again for you kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadoll
Oh my goodness, what beautiful pictures!! I'm so moved by your post today, it was such a tribute to Norm, your words so heartfelt and loving. I remember the first week, thinking many times I would 'wake up' and everything would be as it was. I know how you feel, my heart goes out to you and my blessings are for you on this Friday. I want to thank you so much for sharing your pictures today of Norm, they are absolutely wonderful. The joy and peace in his face, shows perfectly why we love them so much. I don't know who the photographer is in the family, but they are stunning. The last one of him swimming, so perfect. Sleeping, playing in the snow, swimming in an endless view, they capture so many feelings. Blessings and comfort to your family. Thank you.
0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #27 
MJ,

Thank you especially for these words:

"You gave all of that to him and in turn he gave you his love. Such a beautiful story but so heartbreaking that it has come to an end - for now."

I needed that reminder today that we had a wonderful life together, as sometimes the feelings of doubt and guilt can creep in. Tucker has been a faithful companion and stayed extra close to me this past week. We've been going on lots of walks on our favourite trails and he's been getting a bit spoiled with special treats but that's okay for a bit. :) But you're right, I think of Norm every day.

I look forward to hearing more about Charlie and following his adventures. I'm certain that Bailey would be so happy to know you have rescued him and he's there to give you that special kind of love that can only come from our animals. 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey15
Hi Heather, I love your letter to your beautiful Norm! I know how much you miss him and how very painful it is. 😔 I remember looking around sometimes, in those early days after Bailey died, and just saying "Where are you?" My brain couldn't comprehend what had happened. I agree with Charlie: the pictures are amazing!! When I look at them, I see a beautiful, happy dog who enjoyed life to the fullest; whether it was swimming, playing in the snow or just being totally relaxed in a loving home. You gave all of that to him and in turn he gave you his love. Such a beautiful story but so heartbreaking that it has come to an end - for now. I do believe we will see our babies again. I love what you said about Tucker having you throw the ball for 2 hours. Such a happy thought although I know that Norm is never far from your mind. I love Charlie so much but I think of Bailey every day. They will live in our hearts until we see them again. Thinking of you - especially today and wishing you peace. ❤️ MJ xo
0
normsmom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 245
Reply with quote  #28 
I went back and read through some of your posts about Jake. What an incredible bond you two share, and the heartbreak you described after losing him brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for saying that I will be ok. Coming from someone who has obviously known the complete emptiness that this loss can bring, that means a lot. I'm so happy to hear that you've made a new canine friend. And that it is helping you to heal. I am looking forward to the days when I can look at the photos and smile and laugh, as you said. Thank you for the words of encouragement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb79
I can tell you this, Ive felt every bit of the grief you describe. 17 years, my best friend. Almost 8 months since, a new unexpected dog crossed paths with me. Never thought I could have another dog but ol man Jake. Funny how the gift of the dog makes you ok again. I miss my ol dude even still. You will be o k .

Jake the Snake

Whats funny, is you think you wont heal, a passing of true best fur covered friend is nothing to sniff at, then one day you look at the pictures and smile and laugh. Youre happy for knowing them.
0
Bailey15

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,123
Reply with quote  #29 
Oh Heather, It's so obvious from your posts and those beautiful pictures of Norm that you gave him an incredible life! I wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I know it's been such a short time and you must be thinking of Norm so often. 😔
I do think Bailey would be happy that we adopted Charlie. Thanks for saying that Heather - it's such a nice thought!! Thinking of you and Tucker (and your beautiful Norm) and sending hugs,
MJ ❤️
0
CKMP

Registered:
Posts: 1,205
Reply with quote  #30 
Norm's Mom
I am so very very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy Norm...My goodness he is so so beautiful - and the photo of him lounging on the sofa speaks volumes of his deep contentment and security within the circle of your love...I also apologize deeply for not writing on Norm's thread sooner...there are no excuses - only that perhaps grief makes me far too 'selfish' and unaware...Thank you so much too for leaving a very kind message on Maggee's and now Kassee's thread...

It is a loss that has no comparisons - to loss a so beloved furred companion leaves that ache, that hole, that hollowness that will forever be there as the one that filled it is no longer
physically with us...It is a hurt that is incomprehensible and a grief that really is inconsolable - a grief that does not really diminish with time...We only perhaps learn how to live with that sorrow and loss...Your beautiful Norm will never leave your side - a bond forged between human and pup is a bond that is unbreakable, a bond that transcends time, space and physicality.  You two had that bond when Norm romped by your side in the snow and will continue to have that bond...Talk to Norm... and watch out for your other pup even more now - pups tend to 'hide' those broken hearts' too...
Days become too long, thoughts try to outrun 'guilt' and the 'maybes' and tears try to 'wash' down the bitter reality we face...No words can really prepare us for this, and no words can really take away the sorrow...
Norm is near by - he knows you are his forever Mom, and would never leave you...Those inexplainable, unusual occurrences are indeed a heavenly pup working diligently to remind you he hears your voice, sees you and walks with you each day.  Take care Norm's Mom - every 10th Norm will be remembered...May you have a moment or two of calm within your heart as you just know your Norm is with you...and has come to touch your heart with his love and warmth to remind you he is still your best boy...He is with you each morning as the candle lights - still a special moment together....Many hugs...
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.