leslie42
Louie was the best friend I ever had for 13 too short years. About 1 1/2 years ago he was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. It really took a toll on him. Prednisone helped but took a toll on his back legs making them weak. The last few weeks he lost his appetite but ate some of my food. Didn't like most of his treats, didn't like to go outside, and wasn't really living. This morning I woke up at 2 and let him outside. He came back in breathing fast . I couldn't calm him down and couldn't relax myself. So I took him to the emergency vet and rather than put him through X-rays and other tests, I decided to put him first and ended his suffering. I loved my Louie. We originally got him from the humane society in January 2003 and my mom passed in April. It's just been him and I and now it's just me. How am I going to do this without him? I think he took care of me much more than I took care of him. Love and miss you sweet boy
Quote 0 0
chicagocats
I'm so sorry for your loss of Louie. You are so right about them taking more care of us than we do of them. 

This is all still very new to me so I have no idea how you are going to do it without him because I don't know how I'm going to do it without Carma. I currently just let myself do whatever I feel like -eating or not eating, showering or not showering, sleeping late or getting up early. I don't feel the need to talk to friends or family. I just want to mourn the loss of my soul mate. Its okay for you to put life on hold for a bit and not worry or think about what life will be like without Louie. You are still grieving and so am I. Our lives will sort themselves out - all we need to do now is mourn the loss of our friends/companions and go through this process.
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Sorry for your losses.....Prayers going to you both. Thank you ccats for your grat advice....It is sooo true. Really need to be kind to ourselves and not force ourselves to be back to swingvof things when i still feel crummy. Just know that u are thought of and prayed for. I lost my 2 yrvold Frosty two weeks ago. My story is in my 16 days and still hurting post. Hugs!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
I will try joining tonight's candlelight memorial. Let's support each other there. Hugs!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0