Jeweleye
Just yesterday the love of my life left me and it has been the hardest thing I ever experienced. When Ozzy got hit by a car I screamed as I saw it happened. My parents were there and tried to calm me down as he seemed fine but a mother knows. We took him to a vet who referred us to a hospital who took care of him overnight until the doctor discovered his bladder was torn somewhere and he would need a very expensive surgery but we just didn't have that kind of money. By then the decision of putting him down wasn't a hard one. I just didn't want him to go through any kind of pain any more. He was just a chihuahua, a sweet warm little thing who only knew two emotions: love and fully tummy.

He was my entire world. He would sleep with me on my bed every night and I'd wake up to him every single morning and I don't know how I'm going to handle waking up alone. He was only 4 years old. We have another pup, a poodle named Cleo. She's a 10 year grumpy old woman who can hardly see or hear anymore. He would be the one living up the house trying to get her to go outside with him and groom her. This household lost it's light. I don't think I can ever love someone else again but my entire family wants to welcome another pup.

Everything I did was for him, I never stopped thinking what can I bring home to him to see him get excited over. Now I don't know how I'm going to do every day things without having my heart and soul follow me around the house.

Ozzy I love everything that is you. Everyone misses you and we'll somehow try to pull it together for Cleo and for you.
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
For a tiny dog, Ozzy certainly filled a lot of lives with love!  And he would be so proud of you for making the very difficult decision to end his life journey, so he wouldn't have any more pain.  That's truly one of the greatest gifts we can give our pups, because they can't make that decision on their own.  Your pain is so raw and new right now - it's normal to feel completely lost and out of balance.  We lost Winston 6 months ago.  It's devastating but it helped a bit to focus on our other dog and what his journey was, having lost his animal companion.  I sense that Ozzy will continue to follow you each day and fill your heart in different ways.  Wishing you, Cleo and your whole family some peace and and balance through this difficult time.

Winston's mom 
Quote 0 0
Jeweleye
Thank you so much for your kind words. Losing a loved one is difficult but we are truly lucky to have had someone to love in the first place. I feel for you and all of Winston's family. And I do agree caring for our lost one's friends is a good way to cope!
Quote 0 0
jonancy
I am so sorry for your loss. I loss my dachshund on Thursday. I know how you feel about how a little dog can light up the house. Our home and our hearts are so empty now.

I really don't know what to say because my pain is still so raw for me, I hope you understand and realize I truly care.

My heart goes out to you

Scooters mama. - Jonancy
Quote 0 0
Tammara
My deepest sympathy and condolences to everybody. Just know you are not alone.
King was my boy and he went to the Rainbow Bridge on 1/23/15. And the decision to put him to sleep was made over the phone because of his suffering.
Thus, I didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye with the reassurance of how much I love him. Right about now he would be laying in his bed.
I feel so lonely.
Quote 0 0
Jeweleye
Little dogs have humongous hearts. I don't doubt Scooter and Ozzy are having their little doggy fun together. Thank you Jonancy
Quote 0 0
Jeweleye
I also wasn't with my pup to say good bye because I too had to do it over the phone but I know our babies know just how much we love them. King feels your love, Tammara.
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Tammara. I feel so bad for your loss, having to do this over the phone has to be so hard. We took Scooter in Thursday morning, the vets first appointment. He was healthy until Thursday morning, we thought we would get a prescription or something. To be told he was dying was unbearable. He had to be put to sleep or he would be suffering.

My heart goes out to you.

Scooters mama - Jonancy
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Jeweleye

I too believe that Scooter and Ozzy are having fun together. He loved playing. Again, my thoughts are with you.

Scooters mama
Quote 0 0