GrievingWonderWoman
I am at a complete loss. I have no idea how to cope with the loss of my 3 year old Boston terrier gunner. He was tragically hit by a car Wednesday morning after our walk. He pulled out of his collar. I tried so hard to hold him back I couldn’t. I should’ve picked him up. Or had his harness on him. Why did this have to happen. He was so much a part of my life. I don’t know how to deal with this. I lost my first husband 15 years ago and this is really close to that if not the same. I need advice I need strength. I am heart broken
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am so very sorry about the tragic loss of your precious Boston Terrier Gunner.  The way that he died makes it more difficult, although everyone here is dealing with intense grief no matter how they lost their fur babies.  Unfortunately, you are at the beginning stages of grief that occur when you lose a pet that you loved deeply.  It is normal to feel lost, guilty, to have difficulty doing normal activities and generally to be totally heart broken.  Unfortunately, I cannot make your grief go away. But I can let you know that you are not alone and everyone here is experiencing similar feelings.  Over time, some people in your life may tell you that it is time  to get over it.  No one here will ever say that.  Stay with this forum, read the information about the various  resources available on this website and write as often as you like about whatever you are feeling.   That is all that any of us can do.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you so much. I will. I appreciate this more than you know 💔
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Sheri,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet Gunner. Witnessing the tragic accident of your young Gunner must have been horrifying. It is normal to be heart broken and have "should have" thoughts. It was a tragic accident and was not your fault or Gunner's fault.

It can help to post feelings, pictures and stories about Gunner here, if/when you feel like it. There are many understanding and compassionate people here.

The picture you posted of Gunner is adorable.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you Jan. I appreciate your words.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Sheri,
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Gunner. What a cutie he is! Please try not to blame yourself. It was a accident. There are many stories like your's here. It was not your fault or Gunner's fault. Forgive yourself because you loved him with all your heart and would do anything for him. He loves you too.
I so can relate to it feeling like losing your husband as well. I loss my husband 10 years
(this December) ago. I loss my fur baby 2 months ago and he was a daddy's boy at first because he found him in the back yard. So it is like losing him all over again. They were a pair and after he died, my fur baby became my rock. Even though it has been 2 months now, it still hurts bad. But I promise you, it will get better. I cried for 3 days straight, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep after I loss my furbaby. Take however long you need to take to grieve. There are alot of people here who understands the pain you are feeling. You are not alone. What has helped me was writing here. Please let us know how you are doing. Big hug, Becky
Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you Becky. I am sorry about your husband and your fur baby I am comforted knowing you understand. Thank you for your words I appreciate you.
Quote 0 0
ClayabAmosforever19
Hello .. I'm so sorry , and I know what u are going threw .. I lost my Amos on the 25th., He was hit . I am so devasted and lost without him in my life. My house is empty and lonely. I cry and talk to him . And ask for him not to be mad at me , and tell him that I love him . I miss him so , he too was only 3.. we had so much more to offer and do together.. prayers to you .. it's not ur fault . Seems as so . But it's not .. clay and Amos
Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you for your message. My gunner was only 3 as well. You are not alone. I am feeling exactly like you. Stay strong 💔😭
Quote 0 0
Buster2011
So sorry to hear on the sad loss of Gunner. Please don't blame yourself, it was a tragic accident xx I lost my dear boy on Wednesday too (had to let him go) and I felt tremendous guilt and self loathing but nothing could be done. What happened is tragic, but an accident and he was taken too soon. He will be at rainbow bridge with my Buster and others having great fun. It the ones left behind suffering the loss, as we all are. I wish you peace and don't suffer in silence xxx
Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. I am also sorry about your loss as well. This pain is horrible. I wish this on no one. 💔
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
Just take one day at a time.

Drink more water.

Make sure that you are eating 
properly which will help you
through this very painful loss
of your beloved dog.

Quote 0 0
GrievingWonderWoman
Thank you 💔
Quote 0 0