Randi88
it feels like I've been living in a nightmare the last week. My sweet Bonnie (my seven month old boxer) got hit by a car last Wednesday. I've never lost a pet this way and I'm unsure how to cope. Last Tuesday I was mowing. I seen Bonnie and Benny (our older Boston terrier) playing in the backyard and trying to stick their head through a tiny hole under the fence. Now, Benny was my escape artist, but, this hole was so small even he couldn't get out. I noticed it and told myself to come back when the yard was done and cover it (just in case) it was just me and my newborn son home. I had the baby monitor on me and I noticed my son crying, so I didn't even get to finish the yard before I had to go in. By the time I got him to stop crying it was time to pick up my daughter from school so that hole completely slipped my mind. You see, Bonnie never got out and if by chance a door was open and I was out front she'd always come find me, and knew better than to leave the yard. Later that night when my husband came home I told him about the hole. We both knew it was too small but told ourselves it needed to be covered just to be safe. The next day I was out in the back yard with her and our other dogs. She never attempted to get out or act like she wanted to or even knew how. At one point I even went inside for two hours and she never escaped. Later that night my husband was doing the normal routine by letting the dogs out before bed, fifteen minutes later he went to let them back in and Bonnie wasn't back there. We instantly ran outside and started searching. We found out she had gotten hit by a car and instantly passed away. My heart feels so awful. I feel like if I would've just fixed that hole she would still be here. She was my best friend. She did everything with me and I feel like I let her down or didn't protect her the way I should've. My heart aches and tears just won't stop.
Quote 0 0
Juls
Hi Randi88

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain.. And no words can bring them back or take away the pain. But I hope I can ease your pain even just a little bit. My dog died 12 days ago and she's only 4.. It's really so sad because they are so young and thinking we can still do a lot of things with them cause we are hoping they have long years to live.. But they were suddenly taken away from us. And we can't understand why. But in your case.. Please don't blame yourself.. It is out of your control.. accidents happen.. and you didn't imagine something like that would happen to your bonnie. Please don't be so hard on yourself because it an accident.. You will be okay and you loved Bonnie so much .. And he felt that.. He died knowing how much you love him.. You will be okay again.. Godbless Xx
Quote 0 0
Randi88
Thank you so much for your kind words! They really did help. I don't know if I'll ever truly forgive myself but I at least hope it eases up. I'm so sorry to hear about your pup as well. they leave such a special place in your heart. ❤️
Hope you're doing better with it.
Quote 0 0