Forum

Author   Comment  
texbucky

Reply with quote  #1 
The last 12 hours have been horrible.  I came home from work yesterday and found my precious, yellow/orange tabby Beavis, dead in the hallway floor.  His buddy, Tyson, sitting beside him and yowling at the top of his lungs.  I don't know what happened, the vet is doing a necropsy today....my vet was so good to me last night.  I called them at one minute before closing and they waited for me to bring him there.  Then Charlie and his tech, Dawn, stood there with me, petted him and talked about what a great cat he was....they made it a teeny bit easier.

My life is shattered.  I have other animals, but Beavis was my one and only soul mate.  Luckily my boss is an animal lover and he is letting me take a day of extinuiating circumstances today.

My house is so empty.....sigh.
Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my precious chihuahua, Poncho, one week ago today, February 12, about 6:30 pm.  I know your pain as well as everyone else on this forum. 

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #3 
I thought I had his picture on there, so am adding this.  My mind is still not functioning......
texbucky

Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks.  Poncho looks like he was real sweetheart.  Last night was so difficult because Beavis has slept under the covers, in the crook of my arm with his head on my right shoulder for the entire time I have had him.....16 1/2 years.  He was such a "lover" kitty.  A real love bug.  I keep sitting here on the couch and looking down the hall waiting for him to come out of the bedroom....his nails would always slightly click on the hardwoods. ha, I could always tell when he was about to jump up on the bed in the middle of the night...I'd hear, click, click, click and then a slight hesitation followed by a big "purrrttt" and tadump...he'd be on the edge of the bed wanting under the covers.  My heart is shattered. I am sure you have similar thoughts of your sweet little boy too.......they are such angels.

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #5 
Every word you just typed could have been typed by me.  Poncho clicked on the hardwood floors and he slept every night snuggled close to my tummy under the covers.  I haven't slept in the bed since the night before he died.  I sleep downstairs in the recliner with the blanket he was wrapped in when he died.  My email is available if you would like to talk. 

kittymom6

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi,
I am so sorry for your loss...16 1/2 years what a wonderful life. I lost 2 of my beautiful babies within the last nine days you can read there stories on my post my love of my life ChowChow a calico kitty she to was like your baby if it was cold out she would sleep under the covers next to me we lost her last tuesday and then yesterday we lost my Gremlin a Tuxedo kitty I wonder how I am going to get through the day I too have 4 other kitties to love but they are not the same as having my ChowChow and Gremlin by my side. Gremlins nickname was glue because she was always on my lap the second I sat down and if I wanted to get up forget it I had to take her with me. As for ChowChow I think of her everytime I go into the bathroom because she loved to drink water out of the facuet so if she would see me get up and head in the derection of the bathroom she would run in there first and be up on the counter so she could have her drink.

Know that your baby is at the bridge healty and happy again and awaiting the day that you will be together agian!
Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #7 
Funny how our stories are all basically the same. To the hour, my loss was 1 week ago today...right now.  I'm dead inside, my house is like a morgue.  Sometimes I think I will die.  Had to get a friend to bring me aspirin the other night at midnight...I thought I was having a heart attack.  I haven't been able to tell Poncho's story yet but will soon.  It just hurts so bad.  Beside me is his urn, with a Yankee Candle, Baby Powder, burning.  Smells like him after his bath! I still have our black lab, but she is my grandson's, even though we all take care of her....but Poncho was mine...totally mine...and my heart.

I am so sorry for your losses. Just know you are not alone...far from it!  It's the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my 59 years...

texbucky

Reply with quote  #8 

I think it is so amazing how attached we get to our babies....they are so unconditional in their love and support for us....the mere humans.  I just picked Beavis' companion up from the vet, he had four teeth pulled.  Of course, he came home and has gone from room to room looking for Beavis, crying out for him.  It is killing me.  Tyson is not the lover boy that my Beavie was...nope, Tyson is a touch me not kitty, but still sweet.  Tyson is 20.  I feel all of your pain everyone, I do.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.