carolb1961
My sweet Rose, It has been so hard to let you go.  The last 2 months have been so hard for me.  I miss you so much.  I miss the way that you would greet me when I came home and the way the you would "talk" to me when you wanted something.  My heart is so broken and lonely for you, my sweet baby.  I carry so much guilt that I wasn't with you when you left me.  Rest well, my love.  Mama
Carol Bandy
Quote 0 0
Rusty
It's only been 4 days since my Dixie left me. I feel your pain. I dread going on without her. Take care
Quote 0 0
lynntree
Carol,
I am so sorry for your loss. I had to have my Marley put down Monday and have been a mess these last 4 days. This forum us a great place to let your feelings out and great people that are going through the same as us. Hang in there. Hugs to you, take care.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Carol,
I am so sorry for your loss! I understand how difficult it is to come home and have the house feel so empty - especially when you are used to having your 'best friend' there to greet you.
Thinking of you and your sweet Rose!
MJ
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Carol, would you like to tell us more about your Rose? It sounds like you are in a lot of pain. It is so very difficult losing a beloved pet. Please feel free to share more when you are able to do so. Everyone here understands the terrible hurt you feel. Hugs, CK
Quote 0 0
carolb1961
Rose was a beautiful 9 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  I bought her online when she was 1 day old and got regular updates on her until I went to pick her up at 8 weeks old.  She was smart as a whip and the absolute sweetest dog that I ever had.  She became completely deaf at age 7 and never missed a beat.  I found out that it is rather common for this breed of dog to lose their hearing.  She became suddenly ill with pancreatitis and pneumonia and passed away at the hospital overnight.  I have felt guilty since that time because I wasn't with her when she passed and I worry that she felt that I had abandoned her.  I can't say more now because it's too difficult to even write about her right now.
Carol Bandy
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Carol,
Thank you for sharing and I am sorry you are in so much pain! I'm quite certain that your girl knew you loved her. Try to be kind to yourself during this sad time and write more when you feel up to it. Hugs to you!!
CK
Quote 0 0