laurasgrafix
I had to put my sweet baby to rest yesterday. Her name was Hazel (we called her Hazy for short) She was my precious baby girl - I rescued her when she was a year old (from a shelter). She was a very talkative cat that went crazy for those Temptation "treats". There is too much to say about her and I could go on for pages. I am not able to look at any photo's of her yet as I know I will become hysterical.

I find myself in tears every few hours then a bit of calmness. She is the third cat we have had to put down and it does not get any easier because each pet is special in their own way and each of them have their own unique personality.

I feel so empty and heartbroken right now because my emotions are so "raw" but I know that time brings comfort and peace. I am thinking about all of you struggling with this pain. Every time we have to put an animal down I say I will never get another one because I can not go through that heartache again - but somehow we heal and are able to open our hearts up to love another fur baby again. I hope all of you will be able to do so as well.

R.I.P Hazel - Gone Too Soon
April 2011 - August 13, 2018

Meet you on the rainbow bridge soon

rainbow-bridge-by-michaelbittick-d4bfsmx-w900-o.jpg 
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
This sounds like what you’re saying❣️
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 1 0
laurasgrafix
Yes Lynn - Thanks, Bless You
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0
Poofsmom
I’m so sorry.
They are family, and it hurts terribly. In my opinion it can hurt worse than when human family and friends pass.
I was a mess when our eight year old kitty Poof passed two weeks ago. He was my very best friend, and life is empty without him.
Healing is taking place though. The song ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ is where I was. and no light in sight.
Coming here, reading and changing up my routine have helped tremendously.
Although the total devastation has passed, the numbness and sense of loss is still there.
Each day I see a bit of comfort where there was none before. A butterfly, beautiful sunset, etc. There was no emotion for these. Now, I feel Poof there, and can smile.
Please be good to yourself. You will smile again and someday will be reunited with your sweet Hazel.
Sending light and love to you.
Quote 1 0
laurasgrafix
Thank you for your kind words Poosmom - my heart goes out to you as well 😉
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Laura,
I am so sorry for your loss of Hazel. I love the nickname Hazy! I totally feel you on saying you'll never get another pet. Prior to losing my Rookie 3 weeks ago, it was 9 years since I felt I this awful pain. I can't imagine having another animal in my house just yet, but I know I can't be without one. Sending you hugs!!
Quote 0 0
laurasgrafix
Thank you for you kind words Rookiesmama - yes a new pet in time does help the emptiness - HUGS
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0