Sunshines_Mommy
I am not sure where to start as Sunshine was with me for 15 years. July 29th was the worst day of my life when I had to say goodbye! I knew her when she was in her moms belly. She came to me at a time when I truly needed her, my Mom had just passed. She was my only family, my sweet baby. My promise to her was I would always love and take care of her, never let have suffer or have one minute of pain. I kept my promise but also second guess my decision maybe I should have done more, maybe had that major surgery. But the night before i said goodbye she cried, yelped and that had never happened before. I had th eoption to do surgery, remove her gallbladder, enlarge her bial duct and remove tissue around her stomach wall. She had GI disease and her food was not breaking down, I made mush for her and she was down to 7 pounds from 10. omg , my heart is so beyond broken. She was in the hopsital for 7 days december last year and released with a pretty good prognosis. 
I miss her more than words can say, still feel her with me but my heart and home both empty.
Erika
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Once you have grieved you will remember all of the loving and special times you spent with your baby...you could not do more for her as it is obvious that you loved her very much and she you.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
Sunshines_Mommy
Hi Ellen,
Thank you so very much for your kindness. I hope and pray you are right. Just feel very alone and no fun. 
Erika
Erika
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
Dear Erika,

So sorry for the loss of Sunshine. Such an adorable little face - easy to see why she landed her name. 💖 My baby came to me 1 month before my Dad died unexpectedly about 15 yrs ago when I was 30.  I so needed him.  I can't imagine how life would've been without him - then 6 yrs later my Mom died. They certainly are our most treasured life companions - through good and bad.  

I know you're second guessing yourself, we all do, but 15 is old for a small dog - geriatric. That sounds like a pretty involved surgery too, then if all goes well, still need to get through recovery.  More than likely there would be some complications at that age. (Her body in human years pushing 80.) I truly think you made the right decision. My boy was 15 when I had to say goodbye in February and can't imagine him going through a major surgery and recovery. 

It's unbearable to lose them.  We all feel and understand your pain.  Sending big hugs and comfort your way.  XO
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Sunshines_Mommy
Jennifer,
From my hear to hearts I am sorry for your loss and totally appreciate your kind words. Funny how they come to us at a time when we need them most. She is now home with me I just went to pick her up and truly feel at peace her being with me again.

Hugs hugs and prayers for all of us that have had the wonderful experience in unconditional love!
Erika
Quote 0 0