Baileyboy
My Bailey -cat was my soul mate and he was just shy of 11 years old... We went through so many losses together including loving my Mom to cancer 2o12.. He was my rock, always there for me when I was not feeling well or down... He died suddenly unexpectedly of a major stroke on July 1.. I feel so guilty because I had gone away for the night and came home to him gasping for breath and howling and sprawled out on the basement floor.. I rushed him to the vet and she said it didn't look good so told me to say my good byes just in case and then my phone rang at 5:30 in the morning and he didn't make it... I'm so devastated... feel like part of my soul is missing and don't know how to do life without him.. I miss his meow, his paw on my arm and lying on me always nestling up beside me... I am so lost without his furry face licking my hand......
Quote 0 0
camunki
Baileyboy, i am so sorry for the loss of your darling cat Bailey. He seemed like he was your rock going thru all you had to with your mom. The first few weeks are by far the hardest, even the months coming up will be difficult. I do know posting here has helped me alot, knowing i am not alone. You will go thru a whirlwind of emotions, and many things will trigger the steaming tears......please keep posting, it truly helps.....(((hugs)))

Cam

Quote 0 0
Baileyboy
Thank you so much... I just need to know via not alone in this horrible darkness... I go to work and it's so hard as I have to stifle my grief and then I just lose it when I'm done a s driving home and come home to the emptiness..... still presence of his fur and cat dish, litter...food. .. it's just too painful to deal with as I'm bawling my eyes out right now while trying to write this....
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry for your loss! My little Shih Tzu's name was Bailey and I lost him in November. It was devastating. I've read that when you go through a trauma (such as losing your mom) and your pet helps you through, it makes the bond between you even closer so I know that you and your precious Bailey were very close. Please don't blame yourself for going out - it was unfortunate that you weren't there but on the other hand you for home in time to take Bailey to the vet where he could be made comfortable. If it was a major stroke he may not have made it regardless but at least he didn't die alone. I'm sorry about your mom as well. Recognize that you have been through a lot and be kind to yourself. Grieve and cry as much as you need to and let all of that pain out. As Cam, said keep posting as everyone here understands the devastation of losing your "best friend". Wishing you peace and brighter days ahead. MJ
Quote 0 0
Monty13
I am so sorry you lost your sweet kitty. It must have been terribly hard losing your mom as well. I hope things get better for you soon. Take Care!
Quote 0 0
Monkey
I am sorry for your loss.   I know how you feel.  I lost my 10 1/2 year old cat last August to kidney failure.  She was my best friend for 10 years, always there to support me no matter what.  She was my soulmate for sure.  She proved it during her passing.  I still miss her terribly; it has only been in the last few weeks I can think of her with a smile instead of tears although I still do cry too.  I joined a pet support group and it has been helpful.  Every time I start looking at a cat to adopt, I get sad and wish I still had my cat, don't adopt and the cat gets adopted by someone else.  I guess I am forcing myself to move on but maybe I am not ready to adopt yet and should not force myself.  I hope you heal well.
Monkey's Mom
Quote 0 0