Truckeroooo
Truckeroooo:
Hello.  Please help.  Every breath I take hurts.  I lost my 15 year old 4 legged son a week ago yesterday. This pain feels heave, unbearable and I don’t feel anyone can understand my grief.  I miss him so much. Trucker had a spinal stroke back in June 27 that paralyzed him.  I took him to his vet and to acupuncture therapy, water therapy, meds all I could do.  He recovered and began to walk again.  All that knew about him called him “miracle dog”.  He was my miracle.  Last Sunday as my husband and I were away for the weekend my son went to sleep under our lemon tree And he never woke up.  I’m devastated to say the least.  Help, help me with this pain.   I want him back so earnestly 💔🐾🍝
Truckers mommy ❤️🐾
Quote 1 0
Angelbaby
I am so sorry for your loss of your boy.  I know it is hard I lost my sweet boy 2 weeks ago.  He was 17 and I am trying to adjust to life without him.  
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Trucker.  Such a cute little face and loving eyes. ❤️ We all understand here how unbearable the pain is - there are no words to describe it. I understand it's hard to breathe as well. Try to take one moment at a time. It sounds like you did everything you could for your baby.  That is amazing the treatments you provided allowed him to walk again.  If any consolation, I've read that sometimes dogs pass when their owners leave, or step away as to do so on their own natural time. 

Your post caught my eye as I lost by boy Patch, whom I called Patcharoo, and Roo for short.  He was 15 and while I'm blessed and know that's more time than many get, I want more time and miss him so, so very deeply.

Sending big hugs your way ❤ 
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
Truckeroooo

Thank you both for your words.  Angel baby we are both on the same pain right now.  I’m so sorry you lost your baby boy.  I grieve with you.  I hope that in this forum we can find some peace and joy that our children are playing together in heaven.  

P.Mom thank you for reaching out.  His vets told me the same thing that they wait until there owner is gone to let go.  But this just makes it even more difficult for me as I wanted so much to be there for him.  I hate the fact that I wasn’t there to hold him tightly and tell him how much I love him.  But maybe I would have not been able to let him go either.  The first time he had the stroke his little face was lifeless and I held him tight and kept telling him not to leave me.  He came back from that and I was sure it was not his time.  When he began to walk after his 3 to acupuncture therapy I was completely certain he would be with us for a minimum of 3 to 5 years.  He was doing so well.  I’m so so heartbroken.  It hurts.  It hurts. It hurts!!!!!!!!!!!  My baby is gone 😭 

Truckers mommy ❤️🐾
Quote 0 0
Angelbaby
P_Mom wrote:
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Trucker.  Such a cute little face and loving eyes. ❤️ We all understand here how unbearable the pain is - there are no words to describe it. I understand it's hard to breathe as well. Try to take one moment at a time. It sounds like you did everything you could for your baby.  That is amazing the treatments you provided allowed him to walk again.  If any consolation, I've read that sometimes dogs pass when their owners leave, or step away as to do so on their own natural time. 

Your post caught my eye as I lost by boy Patch, whom I called Patcharoo, and Roo for short.  He was 15 and while I'm blessed and know that's more time than many get, I want more time and miss him so, so very deeply.

Sending big hugs your way ❤ 

I had 17 years with my boy.  I know I am lucky, but I dont think any amount of time would have been enough.  My heart and soul hurt without him.  He healed my broken heart and I am lost without him.  Trying to get through one day at a time.  I have had a lot of losses in my life, but this is one of the hardest.  

Quote 0 0
Angelbaby
[QUOTE username=Truckeroooo userid=7360778 postid=1312796047]

Thank you both for your words.  Angel baby we are both on the same pain right now.  I’m so sorry you lost your baby boy.  I grieve with you.  I hope that in this forum we can find some peace and joy that our children are playing together in heaven.  

Thank you.  I dont wish this pain on anyone, but I am glad I am not alone and that someone understands the sadness in my heart.  I too hope our babies are becoming best friends in heaven.

Take care,
Sue 

Quote 0 0
kanjay
I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand what you are going through. I lost my precious Sadie 3 weeks ago.  Time has stopped for me.  I don't  know what else I can say except in my heart and everything  I know, i will see my Sadie again.  My heart goes out to you.
Deborah Owens
Quote 0 0
Truckeroooo
Kanjay, my heart aches for your lost.  I guess there best thing of this forum is that we all understand, to the bone, each other’s pain and we can rise up together to be stronger for our furry children.  I can’t stand on my 2 feet at times. I hope I’m strong enough to be able to uphold you and all who have lost a beloved 4 legged child.  
Truckers mommy ❤️🐾
Quote 0 0
Quincysmomma
I am so very sorry for your loss...that sounds like such an amazing story of recovery and the lengths you went to to help your baby are a testament to the love you had for him. There are so many people on this site who understand the extent of the grief we feel for our fur babies.  It's been 5 months for me since we lost Quincy and I still cry every day.  The truth is that I will miss him forever...the grief doesn't ever 'end'. I actually started therapy because his loss has been so hard for me and it has helped a bit. 

I don't know if this is something you will want to do, but my therapist suggested that I talk with the vet one on one and get explanations for what happened and if there had been anything we could have done.  It took me nearly 5 months to be to the point in my grief where I could even have that conversation, but it was helpful to a degree.  She explained that we had taken excellent care of Quincy and gone so far above and beyond for him that he had extra years with us that he would not have had if we hadn't been the type of people to do everything in their power for their critters. I think the conversation was helpful because that last week before we lost Quincy turned into a blur...things went downhill very quickly and we were staying up all night with him so we were just a mess all around.

What I hold on to now is the hope that I will get to see him again and pet his soft fur and give him treats again. Maybe Trucker and Quincy are playing together at the rainbow bridge...

Take care and come back here as much as you need...we all understand this pain.
Quote 2 0
Truckeroooo
Thank you Quincysmomma for sharing your story.  I pray to God my Trucker and Quincy are chasing their tales in heaven.  My sweet boy over came paralysis and  was seemed to feel better from his kidneys.  We had him on Royal Canin special renal food and kidney multi vitamins.  I thought he was healthy because the drs checked his labs when the stroke happened and they told me he was normal and healthy.  After overcoming the stroke and being able to walk again I believed it was a sign for God and that he would allow Trucker to be with us for many more years.  Selfishly I had asked God to keep him with us until my son went to college.  My son and him were born in the same year.  Trucker in May and my son in December.  Trucker was older.  I was hoping he would see his younger 2 legged brother graduate high school and start college.  But all those wishes came crumbling down on Sunday, August 23rd.  The irony that on that morning I was wishing Kobe Bryant a happy birthday on Facebook and I told my husband that I would not be able to withstand the loss his wife has.  I began to cry just imagining her pain.  A few hours later my unimaginable pain came to life in my soul as I heard my son say “mom Trucker passed away”. My husband and I were on our wedding anniversary for the weekend, Luckily we were only 2 hours away and rushed home.  But those to hours were hell.  I wanted so much to snap my fingers and be home already.  It is so difficult.  I wish I had not gone on that trip.  Oh God HELP ME!!!! 😢 I feel so hurt.  I don’t know how to get through the day sometimes.  It’s a blur the hours I live.  It’s difficult but I have to fine the strength to voice that it is well with my soul because God knows best.  I’m not there yet.  The words don’t come out of my mouth. 
Truckers mommy ❤️🐾
Quote 0 0