dee702
I lost my babydog Sept 2nd... he had a probable brain tumor that affected his ability to move around and he lost most of his muscle on the right side of his head. It was a tough decision to let him go and I still miss him everyday but I do believe it was the right decision for him. Anyway, my dad was working on the wall in the living room on the day we took my dog to the vet... after two days when he passed, my mom asked me to come to the living room because she wanted to show me something. She pointed out at the wall and said, "look, there he is, (mentioning my dog's name)... and he's got a halo. He's an angel now." I almost cried but didn't because I was happy and shocked by what I saw... *check the pic for reference*... my mom said she didn't think any of it the day before because my dad was working on it the whole day... she thought the outline wouldn't "survive" from all the sanding and whatever, but it did!!! Could this be just a coincidence or a real sign? No matter what it is it gave me a sense of comfort. The night before my mom showed me this, I was praying and asking God for sign if my babydog made it to heaven... I guess he did and I'm glad!!! I miss you babydog... everyday!!! I hope you're watching over me now. May this inspire anyone who's still waiting for a sign.. that yes, it's possible!!! : )

Attached is a pic of the wall and my babydog...
Quote 0 0
Allicat
Your story is so sweet I could cry! I'm really sorry for your loss. My cat passed away from a suspected brain tumor as well. Letting her go was so hard. I miss her 24/7, but she's in a better place now. I really love your story though. The outline is so precious! I hope my cat is an angel too, but I'm sure she is as she lives within the rainbow bridge...Thank you for this amazing story :) Wishing you the best!
Quote 0 0
Monty13
I'm so happy to read this! I hope My Monty is too! Your babydog was beautiful! I love his picture and I love the picture on the wall! It must feel so good to have gotten that sign and now you know you will see him again. I hope more people read your story and look at your wonderful pictures! It gives us all hope that we will see our babies again! Take Care!!
Quote 0 0
dee702
Monty13 wrote:
I'm so happy to read this! I hope My Monty is too! Your babydog was beautiful! I love his picture and I love the picture on the wall! It must feel so good to have gotten that sign and now you know you will see him again. I hope more people read your story and look at your wonderful pictures! It gives us all hope that we will see our babies again! Take Care!!

Thank you for your kind words! He was 12 y/o when he passed and ate a piece of chocolate cake before he went to sleep... I still call him my baby even though he was full grown!!! I miss him everyday...
Quote 0 0
dee702
Allicat wrote:
Your story is so sweet I could cry! I'm really sorry for your loss. My cat passed away from a suspected brain tumor as well. Letting her go was so hard. I miss her 24/7, but she's in a better place now. I really love your story though. The outline is so precious! I hope my cat is an angel too, but I'm sure she is as she lives within the rainbow bridge...Thank you for this amazing story :) Wishing you the best!

Thank you for your kind words... the hardest part now that he's gone is when I get home from a long day at work, I miss seeing his cute face and petting his soft fur... will this "missing feeling" ever go away???
Quote 0 0
DieselDaddy
dee......I don't think the "missing feeling" will ever go away all together......

My boy Diesel has been gone since April and I still have a strong missing feeling......but its gotten a little easier to cope with over time.  With some strong prodding on my wife's part, we did get a new little boy, Captain.  I'm certain that Diesel sent him to us.  I have to admit that having the new little guy has helped me much more than I expected he ever could.

I know its too soon for you to think about getting another baby.......but don't totally rule it out like I did originally.
There's another babydog out there someplace that needs you......
Quote 0 0
MissingBenji
dee702,

I am so sorry for your loss.  As someone else stated, your babydog is such a cutie!  I'm glad you've received a sign.  I keep looking for one as to whether my benji is happy now.  He was just put to sleep 2 days ago.  He was 2 months shy of 10 years old.  I'm experiencing that same sense of dread when I'm coming home from work.  I'm used to hearing him bark whenever my husband and I pull up in the driveway and how he's right there at the door to lean us so that we can rub him and say hello.  It almost doesn't feel like home anymore and with the holidays approaching I wonder how can it be festive when he's not going to be here with us.  For the past few years, with the kids grown and gone, it's just been the three of us.
Quote 0 0