ashindi
I have my baby girl Indi's collar, lead, favorite tennis ball and even a dog brush with her fur in it in a shoe box under my bed where my head is, am I being crazy I'm pretty sure my daughter thinks so. I even have a little bit of fur in a plastic envelope that I carry around with me. It's only been 6 weeks since she left and I still miss her like crazy. RIP baby girl
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Im sorry for your loss, and no you are not crazy. I lost my sweet SADIE girl and she was my Pomeranian and my soulmate, I have kept all of her things, and I also have some of her hair too, I put it in a little tiny urn necklace and wear it every day to remind me all the happy memories we had together, oh how I miss her so much, I still cry for her and its been almost 3 years since she passed. Im so lonely without her by my side!!!!! RIP SADIE GIRL   I HOPE YOU FIND SOME COMFORT. my prayers are with you. sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Oh gosh! No you are NOT crazy! You just love your Indie! It is a lovely thing, to have a "memory-box" of anyone -fur-family or anyone else, who has passed away. We have treasured memories and it's nice to keep them safe somewhere.
I have my girl Misty's fur in a tiny bottle (about the size of a .38 bullet) around my neck on a silver chain. I will wear that every day until I pass over too. Then I want to be buried wearing it. I have a tiny trinket box with a bunch of her sweet fur in it, and if I feel "far-away" I open it and sniff at it.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I have my Bear's things scattered all over the house.
Some of his things are under my pillow.
I have some of his hair and his collar around his favorite toy
and I buried him with one of his favorite blankies - I cut it in half
and he has half and the other half is under my pillow with some of his
toys.
We all do this.
I even cut some of my hair and tied it with ribbon and buried it
with him under the pillow I made for his casket.
We Love them so very much.

When I was married I buried my son.
I have a memory box for him.

Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0
ThomasCatsMummy
You're not crazy at all.  I have a little box with my baby's favourite toys, a little ribbon I put on him and some fur.  I can't bring myself to use his old brush on our new cats yet and while there's some toys I'm happy for the girls to play with there's one that I've put in my bedside drawer - it's just for him and me.  So sorry for your loss and nothing that brings you some comfort is crazy.

Louise
Thomas Cat
In our lives 14/4/2009 - 18/05/2013
In our hearts forever
Quote 0 0
ashindi
Thankyou to everybody that responded to my post, makes me feel better knowing that I am not alone with how I feel
Quote 0 0