Missing_Rosie1017
I lost my Rosie on Monday of last week (10/17).  She ran into the street and got run over by a garbage truck.  She had no chance in the world to survive that.  The guilt I feel is unbelievable.  Our little doggie was happy and healthy until that day.  Our invisible fence was not working, so she ran right out into the street.  I can't get that vision out of my head even though I was not there.  My husband tried to stop her when she ran out to chase it, but it was too late.  My little westie was killed instantly.  Thank God she didn't feel a thing.  It just happened too fast!  We gave her so much love and such a happy home, but the guilt is just unbearable.  I wish I could have been there to protect her.  I know she is looking down upon us, not wanting us to cry, but it's so difficult!  We got her ashes back the other night, and it has made us feel better that we have our baby home, but just not having her there is so hard to deal with.  Has this happened to any one else?  We never had the chance to say goodbye.   So tragic...and I'm so heartbroken.
Denise Von
Quote 0 0
Jody
I am so, so, so sorry for this tragic loss of your beautiful Rosie. So sad. I can't imagine this pain you are feeling. I know the loss though. I know the hole being ripped through your heart. Be kind to yourself and know that Rosie knows you loved her with your whole heart! She is still with you and will always be by your side. My baby Tony was a 7yr old golden. He went to bed and died on me. There was no goodbye. It was a sudden shift in my life. I never thought I would end up being the support for others, but now at 3 months, that's what has happened. I felt I was dying from his death, but with the support of everyone on here I was able to push through the pain. You are not alone. I encourage you and everyone else to keep writing about your baby and to build relationships on here. It saved my sanity. I send my deepest condolences during this diffucult time in your life...
Quote 0 0
Missing_Rosie1017
Thank you so much for your support.  It has been so difficult the last week.  She came everywhere with me.  She was 10 1/2 years old.  We went through so much together.  She had 22 teeth pulled back in March and I felt like I let her down back then...She got better and better after that and learned to eat everything and anything with the other 1/2 of her teeth.  She was like my own child and it's so hard to be without her.  We've created a memorial garden which I will continue to expand on, but not having her nudging her nose through the garden has been tough.  She was always into everything.. I think I will need to continue in this forum.  I'm hoping I can also help someone as well.
Denise Von
Quote 0 0
allisones
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard, especially when you start to feel guilty for "letting them down". Just take comfort that you were doing your best for him while he was here and you gave him a good life by looking after him. It is so easy to lose that focus when we are in the middle of our grief. I wish you peace today.
Quote 0 0
Missing_Rosie1017
Thank you so much for your kind words.  I know that my husband and I are being hard on ourselves.  She knew how much we loved her and she died doing what was in her DNA.  She loved to chase...unfortunately, the chase of the truck ended her life.  A friend of my son said he saw a vision of a woman picking up my dog after she died.  He mentioned the name Lucy or Laurie.  He wasn't sure which it was.  Those two names happened to be my mother and sister that had passed away years ago.  This did give me some comfort knowing they brought her straight to heaven..  I just miss her physical being.  She'll always be with us...
Denise Von
Quote 0 0