MichelleKinkaid Show full post »
MichelleKinkaid
Feeling especially down today as this was the last day I spent with my dear sweet Rocky 6 months ago. If I had only known, I would have stayed home that day and hopefully been able to prevent the outcome. How I miss my sweet little boy cat.

I love you so much Rocky!
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Michelle,

I wrote to you too on my "Miracle Story" thread. It is going on 7 months for me. I too am still missing my boy. I want my grief, to subside, but I don't ever want to forget him or my great love for him. I hope you are doing okay and continuing to heal up. You truly deserve to be happy again.

XOXO,
James
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Oh James ... I don't know what to do. I have arrived home tonight after work as I did on that night 6 months ago and I'm in tears thinking about my Rocky. Thinking about the last day i had with him and coming home to find him in distress and rushing him to the emergency Vet right about this time of night. My heart is breaking all over again and there is nobody to call at such a late hour so I sit here with my thoughts and broken heart wishing my Rocky was still here with me. I keep his little wooden box next to me along with his photo. I think of him all the time. I miss him so very much. I don't want to forget him ... I don't want to get another cat to try to fill the empty place. Hopefully I can rescue another when it is time. I feel blank ... in an empty place. When I found Rocky it had been a year and a half since my previous cat of 16 years had passed which had devastated me. All the life and energy that was here is gone ... my husband passed, then our dog, then my dad and now my Rocky leaving me here alone. It is so lifeless and still. My heart is sad.

I love you and miss you Rocky!

1-SMALL Rocky - outside 2007-2 013 CROP yard.jpg 
One of my favorite photos of Rocky (approx 1 year old)

Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My dear sweet boy cat Rocky,
It is 6 months that you are gone from me and at the Rainbow Bridge. I miss you more than words can say. My heart is broken and my world empty here without you. You were always here with me ... next to me ... by me. You let me do just about anything ... hold you and kiss you, rub your belly, rub your back, pet your face, lift your lips, spread your toes when I touch your feet, clip your nails and give you medication when needed. Now, there is only the little wooden box with your picture on it. You were so very special to me. Words just can't describe how much I love you and will always love you ... you were my Rock! You were there for me during several major losses in my life and now I have lost you. Your Rocky-hair is forever here and your paw prints are forever in my heart my little boy cat. I hope you are safe, well and with Daddy, Rascal and the rest and have a sun spot to lay in at the Rainbow Bridge.
I love you always my little boy Rocky!
xoxo
Your Mom

00-20180612_175257-Rocky-bed+Copy-SMALL2-CROP.jpg
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Michelle:

Thank You for sharing the pictures of your Boy Rocky. Wow. What a handsome Boy he was. He has a kind of star quality about him. When you feel the need to vent, just post here in this Forum. We are here for you. Everyone understands. 

All the best,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I concur Jim. Rocky had movie star good looks. Please don't tell my cat Marmalade I said that, although he was very down to Earth, so would probably agree that Rocky looks like handsome movie star. And they are probably hanging out together over the Rainbow Bridge.

All best,
James
Quote 1 0
MichelleKinkaid
My little boy Rocky,
This Christmas is sad for me as you are not here with me. You were always a shining light for me from the day I brought you home from the shelter just a few days before Christmas in 2006. It has been you and me together ... and such fun spending so many Christmas mornings opening your kitty stocking and getting your treats. Your stocking is hanging by the fireplace as it always has. How I miss all the life that used to be in this house that is now quiet and still. Our house has never had a Christmas without a pet until now. I miss you my little love cat. You left such a huge hole ... my heart is sad and broken. I miss you so very much Rock!
I'm wishing and hoping you are with Daddy and Rascal and all the loving pets ... cozy and warm ... laying under a beautiful Rainbow Bridge Christmas Tree and getting some yummy treats! I have your box and photo next to me and our Christmas stockings hanging. I will miss you forever my sweet, loving little boy cat.
I love you Rocky!
xoxo

Rocky under Tree 2007-12-SMALL.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My dear sweet   little boy cat, Rocky,
It is New Year's Day 2020 ... and I enter this new year and decade alone and without you. Last year on this day we were taking our selfie photo on the deck ... I liked to take a picture of us and post it as my New Year's Day photo and FB photo but I can't do that this time ... you are not here.  I feel so sad and empty! You are not here with me ... and Rascal, Robert and Dad are not here ... I miss you so much! It's been you and me together ... you were always with me ... next to me ... by me ... laying here with me. It is so lonely here without you. Words just can't describe the sad, empty, hurting feelings inside. I miss you so much ... you were my Rock! The love and bond we had was so very special. It was like we knew what we were each thinking. I wish that you are hopefully with Rascal, Daddy and the rest and that you are safe, happy and warm.
I love you miss you so much my Rocky ... love you forever!
xoxo
00-20190315_152157-Rocky in yard-head shot-CROP2-SMALL2.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My dear sweet boy Rocky,
Today it has been 7 months since you went to the Rainbow Bridge. I just can't believe it still! My heart remains broken ... I just miss you so very much. So many tears and so much sadness. You were such a big part of me and life. It is so empty without you here! Your automatic litter box goes off in the wee hours of the night ... I'm hoping and wishing that it is you sending me a sign. I think of you all the time and wish with all my might that you were still here with me. I try to put on a good face ... but I'm crying inside. I miss you every day and look forward to the day that I see you again ... when I can kiss you and hug you and rub your belly and scratch your back and just share our love again. You are so very precious to me. I love you my Rocky ... I wish the Rainbow Bridge had visiting hours!

xoxo
 00-20190315_152157-Rocky in yard-head shot-CROP2-SMALL3.jpg  z-Loss-RainbowBridge-SMALL.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
It's Thursday ... every Wednesday night very late at night when I come home from work I am reminded of the night I found you in distress. It has been almost 8 months and I still can't believe you are gone. My life is so empty without you Rocky! I love you so much and miss you every day! I love you Rocky!!!
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My dear sweet Rocky,
Today it is 8 months since you went to the Rainbow Bridge. It was very early (1:30am) on Thursday the 13th of the month (in June ... as it is this month) when I came home from work to find you in distress. I am reminded of that every Wednesday night I come home. How I wish I had come home earlier ... or never left you at all. Maybe if I had been here when you started into the distress, I could have gotten you to the Vet sooner and you might still be here. I will never know and I will never forgive myself for not being here. I just can't believe you are gone. My heart is broken. I miss you every day and wish will all that is in me that you were still here with me. You were my Rock ... my buddy ... my friend ... my everything. It was just you and me ... and now you're gone. You were always there ... with me and by me ... especially when I needed someone to hold ... I could sit with you, pet you, scratch your back, rub your belly, kiss you (a lot) ... you were there. You would come and lay by my side at night ... right against me and sometimes with your chin and paw on my arm. I am so sad and miss you so very much my little boy cat. I love you always my Rocky.
00-20180612_175257-Rocky-bed+Copy-SMALL2.jpg  z-Loss-RainbowBridge-SMALL.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Today marks 9 months since my Rocky went to the Rainbow Bridge. I still can't believe he is gone. My heart still aches every day and I am so very sad without him. He was such a big part of my life ... it was Rocky and me. It is so quiet and lonely here without my sweet boy. He would lay on me or next to me or near me ... always there. He was such a love cat!

I wish I could visit you and hold you and kiss you my precious Rocky! I miss you sweet little boy cat and will love you and keep you in my heart always!

(photo of Rocky just one year ago)
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
This week is double-hard for me. Today it is 15 years since my Indy boy cat went to the Rainbow Bridge and last Friday (early morning) it was 9 months for my Rocky. I had Indy for 16 years since he was a baby and Rocky for almost 13 years since he was a baby. They were both beautiful orange tabby boy cats that gave me such tremendous unconditional love.

Indy and Rocky ... I hope you have both found each other and a lovely sunny spot at the Rainbow Bridge along with Rascal, Daddy and all the rest.
I love you always,
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Michelle,

I'm so sorry for the losses you have experienced.

Thank you again for the time that you have spent here on the Rainbow Bridge forum and for sharing some of your and your boys stories and those delightful photos of your orange boys. They were both so amazing. I don't recall seeing a phot of "Indy" before. He too looks like a very special and handsome lad.

I'm so glad you got to enjoy "Indy" for all those years. As I am glad you had "Rocky" in your life for as long as you did too. I know you miss your Husband and "Rascal" very much too. It sounds like you had a great deal of love in your life and must have so many fond and cherished memories of those who have departed.

You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

XOXO,
James
Quote 1 0
MichelleKinkaid
My dear sweet Rocky,
I am a little late in writing to you ... It was Easter Sunday late night into the next morning  that marks 10 months since you went to the Rainbow Bridge. I have just been so very sad without you and even more since this Covid-19 Virus Shelter In Place situation has happened. I would have been content to stay at home if you were here with me. Would have loved to just be able to be here all day ... every day and be with you my little loving cat. I miss you so very much. My sister has brought one of her cats to stay with me and she is taking some up some of my time however she is not you which is the hardest part and she is a black and white girl cat and I'm used to orange boy cats. My heart continues to break with sadness of you not here with me. I am having such trouble with not being able to open up to other cats ... I try but there seems to be a distance present. This makes me sad and upset at myself ... what is wrong with me? If you were here, everything would be ok ... I would just come and find you, pet you and talk to you. Oh Rocky how I miss you so!
Wishing that you are in a safe, comfortable, warm spot with all our loved ones at the Rainbow Bridge.
I love you always.
xoxo
New Kitty (2006-12-23) 039 bed,upside down+-CROP&SMALL2.jpg   
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0