Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #46 

Hi Michelle, 

As we are grateful for you. I think I mentioned it's been 9 weeks for me today. I'll be honest, I keep hoping for a break in my grief, sorrow, guilt & regret. I keep hoping that I will heal more and somehow be able to survive this terrible, terrible time and overcome these dark feelings.

Yes, I've been working late at my office. It's just 1 block from the warehouse where Marmalade and I lived together for his last 2 years. I think I've been trying to avoid being there. Like you said of your place, it just feels sad. Marmalade is not there. I hope we all make it through these very blue times.

XOXO,
James
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #47 
Hi James,
I'm sorry for your grief. We are all in that same terrible boat. I'm not sure how we can begin to heal the pain and sorrow. I've had suggestions from various people but my heart is just sad. I think it's the same for all of us here. We just miss our little ones. Hugs to you James and all of us.
xoxo

Reply with quote  #48 
Today it is 7 weeks today and it is also Rocky's Birthday ... double sad day. Rocky would have been 13 this month (Aug 1 is his recognized and estimated birthday as I adopted him from a shelter ... and also the month of my birthday ... I will miss sharing my birthday with my Rock, my little love cat) ... photos of March of this year and December 2006 when I brought you home.

I miss you so very much Rocky. I think of you all the time ... look at your photos ... talk to you even though you are not physically here. I hope you are safe and happy wherever you are ... at the Rainbow Bridge I hope ... with Rascal and your daddy, Robert. This is August 1st ... the beginning of our birthday month. Since the shelter was not certain of your actual day of birth, we always just celebrated your birthday on August 1st and all of August. You would have been 13 this month. I thought you would be with me for much longer and am definitely having difficulty without you. You were my little love cat ... always there ... so responsive .. so very precious! My heart is just broken without you.

I miss you and love you always my little boy cat ... my Rock!
xoxo

20190315_152157-Rocky in yard-head shot-CROP2-SMALL2.jpg 
New Kitty (2006-12-27) 062 studio sun+.jpg 

Reply with quote  #49 

Dear Michelle, I always enjoy seeing photos of your Rocky. He was so handsome and regal looking. That photo you just posted on another thread of him when he was younger is just fantastic! 

Happy Birthday Rocky! I never had the good fortune to meet or get to know you, but I can tell by Michelle's writings what an amazing cat you must have been. I hope you, Rascal, your Daddy, Marmalade, Bubby, Reeses, Shane, Jagger, Jingles, Jasper, Pootie Tang, Chandler, Phoebe, India, Felix, Diablo, Khaomanee, Basya, Roary, Talyn, Fishsticks, Doc, Sylvester, Patches, McCartney and Bennie etc. are all celebrating your B-Day today!

All my best wishes,
James
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #50 
Thanks James! I love those photos of Rocky too. I hope Rocky has found Marmalade and the others at the Rainbow Bridge & Heaven. Our wonderful little guys are so very missed here. Thank you for wishing my Rocky a Happy Birthday. You are so very kind and bring warmth to this site. I appreciate your kindness and the love you share.

warmest thanks,
Michelle

Reply with quote  #51 

Thanks Michelle. You are more than welcome. I am always glad to see your posts.  : )

I was going to only list the members of the official "Orange Boys Club" (Rocky, Bubby, Reeses, Jagger, Marmalade and our new members Talyn and little Bennie) on the party invite list for Rocky, but being Rocky is no doubt so popular over at the Rainbow Bridge (as handsome and cool as he is), I figured ALL of the cats recently mentioned here on the forum, would want to attend his birthday party. I am sure Marmalade has found Rocky and will help surprise him with the festivities. As Marmalade loved a good party.

Whenever our neighbors would throw a party Marmalade liked to watch the comings and goings from our rear warehouse gate. And being he was originally from a barrio town in New Mexico he liked the Mariachi music. So I hope Rocky does not mind a little of that.

: )

XO,
James
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #52 
I am glad that you included all the members here as they are all special and so very loved. I'm sure they would all want to be together and celebrate. Rocky is used to music as I'm a dance instructor and always have music playing. He would come in the room when I taught here at the house and watch and sometimes start walking around under our feet ... he was such a little lovable brat at times. Rocky and Marmalade may be comparing music comments. (smile)

You are so kind and creative with your posts. Thank you for sharing your kind soul and loving stories of Marmalade.
xoxo

Reply with quote  #53 

Hi Michelle,

That is so cool! And fun! That you are a Dance Instructor and that Rocky would sometimes visit and watch the proceedings and even participate! That is so cute!

One of Marmalade's Vet Hospitals was around 7 miles away in the city of Torrance, and I would carry him in his cat carrier there, as I did not want him to think that we were relocating again. And he seemed to enjoy the walks there and back. He would sit in the sphinx pose at the gate to the carrier and take in all of the sights and smells. I was still getting to know the area.

On our way back from the city of Torrance where the one Animal Hospital was located, I stopped to catch my breath (Marmalade was around 12 lbs. at the time) and needed to take a moment to rest. It was in an industrial area so there weren't really that many places to do so. We ended up right in front of this place linked below. A Girls Gymnastics School called "Flight School."

So Marmalade was watching through the window of the Gym at the little girls jumping and tumbling and swinging etc. so I stepped inside, with him in his carrier, so he could watch closer. And the little girls were so excited to see a cat in their Gym all of the sudden. Most likely a first I would assume. But they were very well trained and disciplined so tried to stay focused on their routines, as Marmalade and I watched with the parents who were present in a little viewing area. We only stayed a short time, but I was glad that Marmalade had another unique experience in his life.

https://flightschoolgymnastics.com/

Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #54 
Happy Birthday, Rocky! I hope you are having a wonderful birthday! I hope you and Bubby are having a fantastic time celebrating birthday week (Bubby’s 10th was last Sunday). I hope you get tons of your favorite treats, enjoy sunbathing because we all know the RB is full of sunshine and dancing with all of your friends! Your mommy misses you tons as I miss Bubby but we both know you boys are in good company. It’s not easy without you boys but we’re doing our best. If you see us with tears it’s inky because we love our boys so much! Enjoy your special day and your birthday month! 😻

Hugs!
Jackie (Bubby’s Mommy)

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #55 
Thank you so much Jackie for wishing my Rocky a Happy Birthday. I sure hope Rocky & Bubby (Milo) are celebrating together. If they can't be here with us I wish them sunshine and good days at the RB with all the others that are up there ... my husband, Robert and our dog, Rascal too. The Rainbow Bridge must be a beautiful place with all those pets that were so loved here.

I love you and miss you so much my little love cat ... I think about you always.
xoxo
Your loving Mom

Reply with quote  #56 
00-20180612_175257-Rocky-bed+Copy-SMALL2.jpg  00-20190315_152157-Rocky in yard-head shot-CROP2-SMALL2.jpg  Today is International Cat Day! (8/8/19)
Thinking about my Rocky. Miss you little cat and wishing you were still here with me. It is 8 weeks today since you went away. I miss you so very much. Hope you have met up with Robert & Rascal at the Rainbow Bridge ... as well as all the other very loved ones here.

I love you my little love cat, Rocky.
xoxo
Your loving Mom

Reply with quote  #57 

Dear Michelle,

Today is 12 weeks for Marmalade's departure. I am relieved I suppose that the day he departed was on a Thursday vs. a Friday or a Saturday, as those days have always been happy days for me. Sunday's have grown on me here, as the neighborhood pretty much shuts down and is very quiet and peaceful.

I am as saddened for your loss of your beloved Rocky, as the first time we corresponded here on this forum. : ** (

Hugs,
James
opus

Reply with quote  #58 
Hi Michelle,

Rocky was beautiful. Or I suppose I should say handsome, but beautiful is what came to mind. Thank you for sharing his pictures.

I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a faithful companion, a family member, someone you loved with all your heart. And still love, of course.

I am hurting myself at the moment, but wanted to say that I am sorry for your pain.

I am very thankful for this forum.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #59 
Thank you opus ... for your kind comment and caring. I agree that Rocky was beautiful ... handsome is also a good description but I always said to him that he was  a "beautiful" cat. I miss him so very much. I'm sorry for your pain and I hope this site and the people here are of some comfort. I am thankful for the support.

Rocky, I miss you and think about you every day!
xoxo
Your loving Mom

Reply with quote  #60 
My dear sweet love cat, Rocky,
My 60th Birthday has happened now and although it was filled with many friends, family and loving wishes I was missing you. We were supposed to celebrate together as this is our birthday month. Ten years ago when I celebrated my 50th ... you were there along with Rascal, Robert, Dad and a few others that are no longer here. Life as I knew it is slowly disappearing. It is so quiet and still here. You made it a joy to arrive home. I always looked forward to seeing you when I got home ... sitting there waiting at the top of the stairs ... or hearing you jump off the bed to meet me and sometimes you were still on the bed just stretching and getting ready to come on out. You were such a joy to me. Rocky ... there was a special connection and bond for us from day one when I brought you home from the shelter as a kitten. I miss you my little boy. Hoping you are ok and with daddy and Rascal.
Love you and miss you so very much.
xoxo 20170515_122035-Rocky in yard-SMALL-size.jpg 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.