Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #31 
Thanks James for commenting on my Rocky's upside down pose. He used to lay like that fairly frequently and would turn his head over or roll most of the time you called his name when he was sleeping on the bed. He was such a precious loving cat.

Sounds like your Marmalade may be sending you signs ... his love is still there with you and forever in your heart.

We are lucky to have had this love and bond with our orange tabby cats ... just hurts to not be able to hold and pet them here with us.
xo
Michelle

Reply with quote  #32 
My favorite pose of all time! I knew Bubby was truly content and trusting whenever he did it. It made me feel so happy. Oh to rub that big ball of orange fur and belly again. 😻

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #33 
Just like you with your Bubby (Milo) I too wish I could rub my Rocky's orange fur belly and see those feet up in the air and have that paw on me again.

The automatic cat box went off again last night. I want to think it's a sign from my Rocky. I haven't been able to move any of his things. It is 4 weeks tomorrow since I last held him and talked to him. I sure miss my Rocky so very much.

Rocky ... miss you so much ... I will love you always!
xoxo
Your Mom (Michelle) 20171123_113114-Rocky_resized-SMALL.jpg

Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleKinkaid
Just like you with your Bubby (Milo) I too wish I could rub my Rocky's orange fur belly and see those feet up in the air and have that paw on me again.

The automatic cat box went off again last night. I want to think it's a sign from my Rocky. I haven't been able to move any of his things. It is 4 weeks tomorrow since I last held him and talked to him. I sure miss my Rocky so very much.

Rocky ... miss you so much ... I will love you always!
xoxo
Your Mom (Michelle) 20171123_113114-Rocky_resized-SMALL.jpg

I haven’t been able to move anything of Bubby’s either. His dog bed (literally is a dog bed) is still out in the living room next to the couch. I haven’t been able to wash his pad or things I put in his carrier. The only thing I did change was the fire sign on the door I design. It is in the shape of a paw print and within the jelly bean toes I put a silhouette of what type of animal with their name. I had to make a new one without Bubbys name on it and change some wording to a singular pet. It was the hardest thing I had to do but in case of a fire I didn’t want to endanger anyone risking their life. I kept the old sign in Bubbys file with all of his vet papers. It’s about 2 inches thick 😢

I so wish our boys were back. I feel like I have so much stress and I can’t get it to go away. I miss him pacing for food. He drove me insane with that. He would start pacing and driving me bonkers at 4. He didn’t get fed until 530/6. And he was SO ON TIME! How they know...I have no idea.

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #35 

Dear Jackie,

I have been meaning to say: "Jelly Bean Toes." Could any terminology be more appropriate for their foot pads? Just adorable. : )  

Thank you!
James
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Jackie,

I have been meaning to say: "Jelly Bean Toes." Could any terminology be more appropriate for their foot pads? Just adorable. : )  

Thank you!
James

Hi James,

Right? I forget where I heard that, possibly Instagram where I follow a lot of kitties but it was PUUURRRFECT! They are jelly beans! 😉 Bubby had cotton candy ones and Lola has a mixture of cotton candy and licorice 🤣

MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #37 
Love your paw descriptions ... Jelly Bean Toes, Cotton Candy, Licorice!
I loved my Rocky's feet ... they were so precious, so cute especially when he would do the "upside down" pose with all his paws up in the air.

Reply with quote  #38 

Did any of you experience this: When a cat is on your lap laying down in almost a circle, and then all of the sudden turns their head almost upside down and throws their body weight down? Like a 1/4 turn pineapple upside down cake maneuver? Like when they are very content and then their heads are upside down and it looks like they are almost grinning? Lol. I loved when Marmalade used to do that. He seemed so happy and content! 
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:

Did any of you experience this: When a cat is on your lap laying down in almost a circle, and then all of the sudden turns their head almost upside down and throws their body weight down? Like a 1/4 turn pineapple upside down cake maneuver? Like when they are very content and then their heads are upside down and it looks like they are almost grinning? Lol. I loved when Marmalade used to do that. He seemed so happy and content! 

YESSS!!!! Well Bubby did it when he was just laying on the couch. He wasn't a lap cat. He liked laying with us not necessarily on us. He liked to sprawl on us. Yes that's a better description! Lola on the other hand does this on our laps. It's so sweet and endearing! 

MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #40 

My Rocky did this a lot ... especially when I would call out his name and talk gently to him. He would just turn his head and then roll onto his back with his feet up in the air. He was so loving, trusting and responsive ... just a total love cat.

Rocky ... I just got home from work and visiting your Auntie and petting her cats. The house is quiet and still ... I have your photos here and on my phone and on the computer screen ... but you are missing for me to hold, talk to, kiss and sleep next to. I really miss you my little love cat!
xoxo

Reply with quote  #41 
Rocky ... I'm really missing you tonight. I was looking at many of your photos on the computer slide show ... what a beautiful cat ... funny cat ... love cat. I heard your automatic cat box start at 1:30am ... I wonder if you are giving me a sign that you were here? I hope so.
Missing you so much,
xoxo

Reply with quote  #42 
With my Rocky gone 4 weeks now I can't believe I am getting bit by fleas and seeing at least 2 live fleas on me but couldn't catch the darn guys. I am the only one here ... and apparently their meal.

Rocky ... I miss you every day. It is so lonely here without you.
Love you always,
xoxo

Reply with quote  #43 

Hi Michelle, 

I too am really missing my orange lad. : *** (  I had a very difficult weekend and having a tough day today. I just do not want to live in this new reality.

Marmalade will have departed 9 weeks ago this coming Thursday and I am still in complete shock and dumbfounded. I can not believe what has occured. My poor, poor boy. I miss him so. As you miss your beloved Rocky, Jackie misses her Bubby and Jennifer misses her Reeses. What will become of us???

James
MichelleKinkaid

Reply with quote  #44 
My dear, sweet Rocky ... missing you very much today (Sunday). It's been a little over 4 weeks. You are not tapping me or standing at the door to go out in the yard. I go out there and you are not there ... you're not chewing the wild grass or rolling in the dirt or on the concrete patio. My days are so empty without you. I sure miss my little love cat!
xoxo

Reply with quote  #45 
Hi James,
I'm so sorry for your sadness, and all of us. It sounds like your Marmalade got very special love ... as did all our precious little ones.

It is 5 weeks today since my Rocky was taken. That's how I feel ... that he was taken from me. I'm just sad and missing my little guy so much. I go to my sister's house and spend some time with her cats ... it helps for the moment but the sadness is there when I return home and Rocky is not there. I'm sure it's similar for all of us. I'm grateful for the support and kindness of all of you here.
xoxo

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.