MichelleKinkaid Show full post »
JulieF
Michelle,

I am so sorry you had a tough day.  Rocky looks like such a happy, sweet boy.  I had orange boy cats growing up and have a large Maine Coon orange boy cat and they are lovers.  Don't feel bad that you miss your boy so much.  You have had a lot of loss in your life and these milestones are tough.  Your sister is being kind to try to help you (she is a tuxie and I just lost my tuxedo boy).  I hope you will start to feel a little better and look at your life together as the blessing it was.

Hugs.
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Hi Michelle,

What a delightful photo of your Rocky! I don't recall seeing that image of him before, our "resident orange boy cat movie star."

Thank you for sharing. Your words to your boy resonate in my heart and in my soul.

Bless you sweetheart.

XOXO,
James
Quote 1 0
MichelleKinkaid
Thank you JulieF ... I know Rocky was definitely a blessing! It is because he was such a precious gift that I hurt so much with the loss of him. He was truly my Rock ... he was always there for me ... by me and with me. It is because he was such a joy for me and such a loving little guy that I miss him so much. There was definitely a connection between us. That happiness to see him and and content feeling in talking to him and cuddling with him is gone and I feel so empty. A blessing Rocky definitely was ... and I miss him terribly. Thank you for caring and hugs.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Hi James,
Thanks for your kind message. So much of how you describe your precious Marmalade is how I feel about my Rocky. I can feel your feelings in your writing. Your bond ... unmistakable, unconditional love. Definitely a precious gift and blessing. This latest photo of Rocky is one that I love and a very typical position he would lay in. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Be safe and well and thanks again for your kindness. Bless you!
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
5/13/20
My dear sweet Rocky,
It is now 11 months since you went to the Rainbow Bridge and I still miss you as much today! I still can't believe you are not here with me. It would have been just fine to have to remain home all this time if you were here ... what sweet time we could have had together ... to just be here with you would have been fine with me. You were such a bright light for me ... it was just you and me left and now I am here alone ... well, I have a loner cat from my sister to keep me company and she is a nice cat but it's just so different. I miss you ... your sweet face ... your precious personality ... your lovable fur, feet and body to hold and lay next to me ... or on my arm ... I just miss you! I'm used to my loving orange boy ... my cat ... the one who was so loving to me and let me hold him, kiss him, pet him, rub his belly and back, talk to him and his reply of loving blinking eyes ... oh Rocky how I miss you so! You were such a love to come home to ... to see you just brightened my heart. I am so sad here without you. I know how Joe feels about Pal and James feels about Marmalade and so many more here ... as it's just how I feel about you. May is always a bad month as it is my wedding anniversary followed by 11 days after ... the anniversary of my husband's passing ... with some added sadness of Mother's Day (I have no children and my Mother is long passed) and now the 11 month reminder that you are not here with me anymore. It feels like there is not much left for me but the reminder of sadness. Feeling depressed ... plus so much negativity all around. On a walk around the neighborhood I happened upon a poor sickly looking cat and posted a photo on Next Door to see if anyone knew where it belonged only to find that Animal Control had been called and it was picked up however it was so bad off that they had to euthanize it. I got this news on the evening of your 11th month passing anniversary and I just cried the rest of the day. I felt so bad for the poor cat and wished I could have helped it as I wish I could have saved you. I wished with all my heart that you would be ok but it was not meant to be. My heart is so sad without you my sweet loving Rocky. I will miss you forever! I hope you are in a nice, warm, comfortable sun spot next to Daddy, Rascal, Indy and all the rest. Love you my little boy Rocky!
Tahoe 2007-5 MK-v 005-Rocky head shot-SMALL.jpg 
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Dear Sweet Rocky,
Wednesday was my 30th Wedding Anniversary and I went back to our spot at Emerald Bay, South Lake Tahoe ... the same place we took you and Rascal ... what an experience ... All of us together ... You, Me, Rascal and Daddy. It will be 10 years since Daddy passed in 8 more days and then 3 weeks from today it will be 1 year since you went to the Rainbow Bridge. I have so much sadness at this time of year ... the loss is so heartbreaking for me. I miss you both and our Rascal (passed 2013) so very much. My life is changed forever and not for the better. I love you and miss you all so, so much!!!
Tahoe 2007-5 MK-v 005-Rocky head shot-SMALL.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
My precious little boy Rocky,
It is one year today that you left our world here on Earth and went to the Rainbow Bridge. I still can't believe you are not here. I think about you every day and wish with all my heart that you were still here with me. You were so much a part of my life ... always there with me, next to me, against me, with a paw on my arm or leg ... just there! I miss you so much it hurts ... my heart is still broken into a million pieces. You were my Rock! I love you so very much and miss being able to talk to you, hold you, kiss you, rub your belly and back and face and feet ... you would pretty much let me do just about anything ... such a loving, precious adorable boy. My life is so empty ... so very different. I try to take it day by day but my heart is just not in anything ... I just miss you so very much and the life that we had. I only hope that you are safe and happy and have found a beautiful sunny spot at the Rainbow Bridge next to Daddy and Rascal and all the rest of the family. I love you forever and always my precious Rocky!
xoxo
00-20180612_175257-Rocky-bed - Copy-RB.jpg  00-20190315_152157-Rocky in yard-head shot-CROP2-SMALL3.jpg  1-SMALL Rocky - outside 2007-2 013 CROP yard.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
chilover
Michelle.

Your words to your beloved Rocky are so heartfelt. He was a beautiful looking boy. I lost my furbaby 10 months ago and even though I take each day as it comes my heart is not in anything either. I feel like part of me died when I lost my little Chihuahua 'Daisy'& it was just me & her too. It hurts so much.

You are in my prayers
Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Angelina,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your loving companion Daisy. It is heartbreaking and life changing. Very definitely a piece of our heart goes with them. We can only take it one day at a time. I think of him all the time and miss him terribly as I know you do too. The love is still there and always will be.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Rocky,
I am missing you so much today. Thinking of you always and wishing you were still here with me. How I would love to hold you, kiss you, talk to you ... just be with you. I love you always and forever my sweet face little boy Rocky.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Michelle,

I am feeling the same way. And thinking of my lost boy "Marmalade" as well. Really been down and still missing him so.

Right before he departed, we were sitting on the couch we shared each night. Him on the arm of the couch on his perch and me sitting to his right. I was very concerned about him and leaned in towards Marmalade. And he leaned back towards me and gave me 3 soft nuzzles on my temple which he had never done before. Almost like 3 kisses. It was as if he was telling me "Goodbye."

: *** /

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Oh James ... that is so touching and special ... something that will stay with you forever. Marmalade sounds like such a unique and special boy. I'm so happy that you had him in your life. I know we are blessed to have such loving companions ... it just hurts so much when they must leave us. Hugs and much appreciation to you ... you always have such helpful and kind messages.
Thank you so very much!
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
borealis

I also lost my beautiful orange tabby. When she was a kitten, the vet initially thought she was a boy as most gingers are usually male, so we always thought she was extra special.

She was also my love cat. She loved to be near us - you could even bring her into the bath. I calculated that I put her through 9 moves, poor thing - but she never complained.

I also struggle with immense guilt. I alternate between thinking I should have either never taken her to the vet or taken her a lot more times. I noticed her decline (unfortunately around the beginning of the pandemic so the vet services were not as usual) (but now I think maybe things had started earlier? She had all her teeth removed at 3 so I chalked up some of her digestive issues to not having teeth for most of her adult life). The first visit (which was virtual) they thought maybe IBD, cancer, arthritis... 1 week later in person visit something with her spine, but the vet noted a lot of pain so prescribed pain meds. I don't know if that's what did it. I wish I had researched more or pushed for more diagnostics. I am broken hearted.

I love and miss her so much and thought she had many more years with me. She was so trusting and I feel like I couldn't protect her in her hour of need.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get another orange cat again because I will always be searching her Her. They are so special.

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Borealis,

Yes, orange girl Tabby's are quite rare, only about 20% of them are females. I think we have only had 2 to 3 even mentioned here on the forum in the last year or so. They are wonderful. 

Hugs,
James

Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid

My Rocky would have been 14 this month of August and it is a little over a year since he went to the Rainbow Bridge (6/13/19).

I miss you so very much Rocky. I think of you all the time ... look at your photos ... talk to you even though you are not physically here. I hope you are safe and happy wherever you are ... at the Rainbow Bridge, I hope ... with Rascal and your daddy, Robert ... and Marmalade, Bubby (Milo), Talyn, and all of the wonderful pets here that have made their way to the Rainbow Bridge. Today, August 1st ... is the beginning of our birthday month. Since the Pets In Need Shelter was not certain of your actual day of birth, we always just recognized your birthday on August 1st and all of August. I miss sharing our birthday month together ... we always did that. I thought you would be with me for much longer and am definitely missing you here. You were my little love cat ... always there with me ... so loving .. so very precious! My heart is sad without you. 💔

Happy Birthday my sweet Rocky. I miss you so much and love you always my little boy cat ... my Rock!
😿❤️🎂

Some of my favorite Rocky photos.

Web: http://www.michelledance.com/Rocky.html

Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0