Heathernicole17025
Today marks 4 weeks since I lost my precious Siamese cat Ralph. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already but at the same time it feels like months since I've seen him last.

This Sunday the 28th is his birthday. He would have been turning 20. 

I know this is one of lifes hardest lesson... but man is it awful.  I am trying to remember all the good times and how Ralph impacted my life for the better. 

I am 27 years old, an only child, and have had Ralph since he was 7 weeks old.  We grew up together.  He was my childhood companion, my best friend, my baby... my entire world.  What a significant loss I have had.  How will my life ever be the same?

I am thinking of getting a tattoo... any suggestions?  Has anyone did this? This would be my first.  I am thinking his name small on my wrist, a tiny rainbow, a lucky's rabbit feet (he had several... he played with them since he was a kitten..up until 2 days before he passed).

Thinking of you all,
Heather
Heather Johnson
Quote 0 0
loveme3
Hi I'm sorry for your loss. You are so lucky to have had him for almost 20yrs thats a gift. I can imagine how hard it must be to face the rest of your life without him. I'm going for a tattoo next week and I think it does help some with the pain knowing that a part of them will be with you forever. The love you shared will also be with you forever which is a gift. I hope your able to feel better soon. Lori
lori
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry.
It's very very hard for you as Ralph was with you most of your life, a constant companion. I know, I was closer to my dog than to anyone or anything -ever. So I understand entirely. She wasn't with me as long as Ralph was with you though. 
I just wish they lived longer and could be with us all our lives. They give us the best love in the world, and then up and go! I think they are only lent to us from Heaven! To show us love. But it breaks your heart when they have to go "home" again.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Dear Heather  I am so very sorry for your loss

For those twenty years your beloved baby lived a charmed life....Ralph grew up with you and it breaks my heart that you are hurting so much

Know we are all here for you x
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
BT1957
Reading through your posts and this one really hits home. You have been there for sure. I hope you're better Heather!

Hugggs
Bob
Buster's daddy
Quote 0 0
BubbaRaysmom
Heather I am so sorry you lost your precious Ralph. I know know exactly how you feel. The pain will ease and soon your will have nothing but wonderful memories of your sweet cat.

As far as the tattoo goes I will give you my two cents. I have two tattoos right now. Beware of getting it on your wrist. The wrist is a place that you can NEVER hide. You are young now but if you ever become a professional of any kind you must think of these things. Every time you reach out to shake someone's hand a wrist tattoo will show. Furthermore if you want a memorial tattoo and you put it somewhere like the wrist or arm people will FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE ask you what that tattoo is/who it's for/what it meant/why you got it etc.... If you don't want to repeat Ralph's story every time someone asks you then I would put it somewhere else. I'm all for getting a memorial tattoo of your pet but careful where you put it. That's just my opinion. Hope that helps and I wish you love and light in this journey of healing for yourself. This site helped me a lot, I'm glad you found us. Thinking of you.....
Quote 0 0
SimiesMommy
i know how you feel heather. my baby was my world. i put her to sleep yesterday,now i must somehow go it alone. i feel so empty, she was my heart. they say time helps, but i had mine for 18 years, its gna take a lotta time for me. im so sorry for your loss. this site is helping some, just to be able to reach out to others who feel your pain and hear encouraging words. thinking of you on this sad anniversary....
melissa
Quote 0 0
Heathernicole17025
Thank you everyone. I kept busy yesterday and went to dinner with friends. All in alll.. wasn't a bad day. I know Ralph is in a better place... I just cry for me. It is so devastating to have these wonderful beings in our lives and then just have them ripped out and we are expected to move on. It just doesn't work like that. My advice to anyone who is beginning stage or perhaps getting ready to go through it.. is give yourself the time. Do whatever you need to do to grieve. Do what is right for you. Dont worry about what anyone else thinks. I've learned a lot about myself and also about the company I was keeping. Those people that told me "its just a cat" are not in my life anymore. Sounds cruel and extreme but I only have time for posiitve people in my life and those few that said that... obviously didn't know me at all. I have a few suppotive good friends who have known me for 20 plus years. I am also very fortunate to find friends for life through this site. I thank God everyday that a few people came into my life when they did.

If anyone ever needs support... I will do my best to give it to you.

Thinking of you all.

Email is heathernicole20@comcast.net

Heather Johnson
Quote 0 0