LucyGoosey9
Lucy was just a puppy.  We were so stupid to put so much responsibility on a puppy.  Our first puppy.  We should have known better and now she's dead.  She was hit by a car because we thought she would never go in the road.  How stupid!  We seriously thought something like this would never happen.  We sentenced her to death where we live.  It would have eventually happen. I miss her so much.  We had her for 6 months (she was 9 months).  This happened over a month ago and I still cry about it every.  I feel like I am losing my mind.  We went and got a new puppy 2 weeks ago.  She is wonderful and it definitely helps, but I just want Lucy back.  I am so depressed and so tired of crying.  I can't imagine this ever getting better.  Why even bother getting pets!
Quote 0 0
hmay1964
I feel your anguish and I am so sorry! The guilt you you are feeling cuts to the core and is so incredibly painful! I just lost my Vinny 2 days ago. He is being cremated today. I could have chosen a potentially life saving procedure but chose to let him go instead. The guilt of that decision is horrendous. My friend Keith ran over his dog with a riding lawn mower and then chose to put him down over having his leg amputated. Imagine that guilt! My friend Jerry kept his dog alive for months while it suffered. When he finally put it down he felt guilt for years over prolonging the inevitable. No matter how our pets go…… we all feel the terrible burden of guilt. You loved your puppy and would never have done anything to hurt her. You learned a lesson and in a terrible way. You must forgive yourself. Lucy loved you and knew you loved her. My thoughts are with you.
Quote 0 0