pushkmighty

My dog passed away last night. He was 10 years old and we knew he had kidney issues, but over the last week, his weight dropped. But then in 24 hours he just devolved so quickly there was nothing we could do.

Except I can't help but feel like there was something we could have done. That we should have seen it sooner. Or fed him a different food or something.

My daughter was with me when he died. My son is little so I haven't told him yet. I'll tell him after school then we'll go home to bury the pup. We live in the country so can bury him in our yard. We picked out a good spot for him. And we'll have a ceremony.

And then... I guess he just won't be around anymore. Not sure what there is to say I'm just feeling out of sorts and not sure what to do with myself.

Thank you for listening. 

Quote 0 0
Geggles
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I lost my choc lab to liver disease over 2 weeks ago.It came from nowhere and escalated very quickly,the vet told us his liver had shrunk and would be hard to save him.My world fell apart,my gut feeling told me that he wouldn't make it and like you I tortured myself thinking how I could of spotted it earlier.The nature of his departure got me,I feel cheated.We can't turn back time,don't be hard on yourself.Your dog had 10 good years of care and affection,life just has a habit of kicking us every once in a while.
Time is the healer,good luck.
Quote 0 0
pushkmighty

I'm so sorry for your loss as well. It's just hard. And life continues everywhere else... We also have another dog who is also old and will miss him.

It's hard.

Quote 0 0
Brownie74
I'm sorry for your loss, and my prayers are with you and your Family.
My boy, Brownie
Quote 0 0