majorkkr
Hello good day .. I am from India and am completely devastated with my seven and a half yrs old male pug died today on 02 July morning at 8.15 am . My pug during it's life stayed healthy, not at all obese and very active and playful till four days before he passed away. It's yearly vaccination schedule has always been up to date. Off late four months back it had a sort of seizure once in a week when it use to just lie aside without any movement and after few seconds use to get up and get fine absolutely. We took her to a vet who suggested medicine and after that it did not had any seizure untill five days before he passed away he had a similar seizure and I was near him talking to him, after a minute plus he got up and was absolutely fine. Next day we took him to vet and he said nothing to worry. At the time of this particular seizure my son with whom he is attached was present who has come on a two months vacation from his college and left for his hostel next day. And that day (fifth day ) my pug started showing weakness symptoms like ate little food and the next day stopped taking any food but was drinking water as and when he felt so but urination also reduced . We rushed to vet doc again and he said it's because of gastro problem so he gave injection shots of gentamicin 1 ml + onderstrone 0.5 ml + ranitidine 0.5 ml for next two days ...my pug was somewhat ok after that but again stopped food intake and little water intake only and urine once a day during these two days. Third day when it stopped urinating also I rushed to vet doc and he administered saline 30 ml + pantroprazole inj and ranitidine injection after which my pug vomited and passed stool at his clinic itself . Then we got him home and evening it started showing laborious breathing,then we rushed to another vet doc and showed him and also told him about the medication given ...he said medication given was ok and checked for any symptoms and said heart and pulse rate is normal and a little 102 temp is there because if saline infusion. We bought the pug back to home that evening with a schedule to take him to a vet hospital next day for complete checkup which is located at a distance of one hour and since it opens in morning. This particular fourth night/early morning at 1 am I checked my pug to check if he is ok and noticed that he urinated (wetted himself) and was almost labouring for breathing. Till morning we were next to him feeding him little drops of glucose with syringe which he was not interested to take inside .. Morning at 7.30 am it started gasping for air and I rushed to get myself ready for taking him to that vet hospital and around 8.15 it took its last breathe with urination and little stool passed with tongue jutting out half with clenched teeth and it left us forever. Not able to understand what went wrong. Why the vets failed to diagnose exact problem..why in a span of six days from the state of absolutely being healthy it deteriorate drastically and finally on sixth day it passed away . Please also note that during these last five days there was a peculiar foul sort of smell on my pug for which that vet doc said is gastro smell . This gastro problem occured last month also but it became ok with sucrasuphate syrup within two days of administration. That time also similar foul smell was there .

I know I cannot get my pug back and am crying since he left today and so is my family but nothing can be done now except to ask experts what went wrong .

Please solace me and my family.

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Major KKR,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Pug. By reading what you wrote, which was very detailed, comprehensive and professionally minded, anyone can easily see how much time, energy and great effort you and your family tirelessly put into attempting to treat and save your beloved dog. It is so, so obvious. You tried to do everything that you could.

Some of us here have also sadly arrived on this forum, due to the same reason that you now have. The loss of our beloved pet's due to the negligence, misdiagnoses, complete lack of diagnosis, or malpractice (wrong medicines) administered our dog or cats by Vet's we put our faith in and trusted.

I took my beloved cat Marmalade to 4 Vets in the last 12 months of his life, to try and obtain him the right treatment and medications etc. to no avail. He had 2 surgical procedures. The first resulted in either nerve damage or a stroke and he was maimed. I had to put him to sleep 7 weeks ago this Thursday as he was becoming a shadow of his former self and was still in pain and suffering.

Sadly, many Vet's simply "wing it" when it comes to diagnosis. They know full-well that so many problems can happen to a dog's or cat's health, at any time during their life times. One Vet admitted "You treat one thing it triggers something else." And some Vet's strategically cash-out on pets health problems and providing treatments up until their very end at an average cost of $1,000 to $4,000 each. It is a racket. Like lawyers seek to stack-up "Billable Hours." This is very sad, but it is very true. Vet's are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than the average person, partially due to what occurs in their chosen profession.

You might want to search social media reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook etc. to see if there are others who have had similar experiences with your Vet's. If you haven't already. I was shocked when I read what others had posted about most of mine.

I hope that others here will soon chime in. There are many wise, kind, compassionate and understanding people here. I am sorry you are making their acquaintance under these very heartbreaking circumstances. May you and your family continue to travel through time and heal. And hopefully soon all that will remain when you think of your beloved Pug are your fondest and most cherished memories of him.

Kind regards,
James

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss. As James said, it is clear how much you loved your pug and how devoted you were to caring for him. It is so hard when our pets suffer and it must be heartbreaking to have seen your beloved pug deteriorate so quickly.

I hope in time, good memories of your pug will help ease your pain and your family's pain.

Jan
Quote 0 0
DiabloGravesMommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. He's always going to be with you in spirit. 🐾💖
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Dear MajorKKR,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your pug. Like everyone here we understand the heartache, pain, sadness and questions/what if’s. It sounds like you would and did go above and beyond for your beloved pug. Sometimes which I’m trying to grasp the concept of, it’s out of our hands and that even though we love and adore our fur babies as parts of our family, they in the end are animals. And sadly, they can’t tell us how they feel or what’s going on directly. And when they do show signs, sometimes it’s too late.

I lost my orange tabby cat, Milo, 3 weeks ago this coming Thursday. Like you, we were at the vet multiple times and we were even discussing a dental cleaning for him. Never would have I thought he would be gone. They were treating him for something simple which just turned into renal failure. It devastated me and I still don’t know how we got here.

Like you said though, we can’t bring them back. So now we grieve, we hurt, we cry, we have heartache, we have sleepless nights and many days of guilt and what if’s. In the end, we love and miss our beloved fur babies. Our love for them will never fade. They will always be apart of us.

I hope you find comfort here as I have. It truly has helped me and there are some really wonderful people who will help you through this difficult time.

You’re in my thoughts,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
majorkkr
Thanks yo my dear Friends ... Marmalade, Jacuanne, Diablo, Jan, Marmalade , Tankie and all friends.....for the support it helped me a lot emotionally ... I am blaming myself for not being able to save him ... Had these local vets even given slightest hint he could have been saved at a bigger hospital... Am crying since yesterday ... Couldn't bear the shock ... He used to come to my bed and with his paws used to tap me multiple times to give him something to eat .... Used to play with me with his chew bone asking me to snatch it playfully and getting angry with me doing so wagging his tail ... During dinner and lunch time he used to take his food in his paws and used to tease me to come to him and snatch that food so that he can show his hunting skills and many more such incidents making me literally cry ...
Quote 0 0
majorkkr
My baby pug who is no more(am crying now writing this )... .... When my son use to take him for walk .. my baby pug used to take control of the leash in his mouth and take my son instead for the walk as if saying friend you my younger bro .. I need to protect you ... So let me control leash .... OMG it's painful really recalling everything .
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hello MajorKKR,

Your pup was a handsome boy. And he sounds like he was sweet, loving, playful and fun.

Yes. It is all of these little memories / moments that we all recall of our special ones that flash in our mind. They are so bitter-sweet. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks since I put my Marmalade to sleep. And I am starting to remember those memories / moments with more joy then pain. Which is what so many who have posted longer than I have shared. I am hoping that this is the case. I am still in a state of shock. I can not believe that "my boy is gone." I am baffled by that fact. As others have said, "it doesn't seem real."

"Had these local vets even given slightest hint he could have been saved at a bigger hospital..."

I wouldn't have counted on that. I took my cat Marmalade to THREE so called "Animal Hospitals." 2 were very large. One was corporate owned (Access 24 Hour Animal Hospital, they had other locations), and ALL failed to properly treat, correctly diagnosis and save my cat and each of them misdiagnosed my cat. At times I knew more about my cats condition than all of them, via research on the Internet. Which they could not stand. That I knew more than them at times. So even if you had brought your Pug in to an Animal Hospital? there were still no guarantee's. Rest assured of that fact. If you need to, go and search the Yelp, Google and Facebook reviews of the Animal Hospitals in your area. Chances are they have terrible reviews, like 4 out of 5 of my Vet's did / do, including BOTH Animal Hospitals I went to.

Thank you for sharing your photo of your beloved Pug and some stories about him. As I wrote earlier, it is so obvious how much you and your family adored and cherished him. I am glad your paths crossed when they did and that he had 12 wonderful years as a part of your family.

Quote 0 0
majorkkr
Yes true fully agree with you ... Vet hospitals have it symbolic(exhibiting) value these days and may be earlier also same was the state ... making money is the only motto of them ... What a pathetic world we are living in ...shame on these vet hospitals and the docs there .. they find best way to make money is on poor animals... Your incidence of beloved marmalade touched me and really feeling sad to hear all that happened under hands of these so called vet hospitals and those bloke docs there .... Your experience has given some solace to me else I was undergoing guilt of not able to take to that big hospital. Now I think it would have been futile and would have prolonged my baby's pain ... At least it passed away with lesser pain and in my in presence of all of us and at the same place under the chair his favourite place ....
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
He is so adorable. And so cute that he used to walk your son and be the big brother. I hope in time that you find more joy than pain in all of these wonderful memories that you have of your darling pug.
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
I'm so very sorry about your loving little pug. You clearly loved him and did everything to try and help him. There are no words ... the hurt and heartbreaking pain is just simply there. It is 3 weeks today that I lost my Rocky. They leave paw prints on our heart along with a huge hole. There are several people here that understand and share their compassion. Hope the messages help.
xoxo
Michelle
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
majorkkr
Thanks Michelle and all dear friends.. your messages support has really really emotionally supported me ... these pets are so loving and caring for us that no human being love can replace it .. it's an unconditional love they give us .. always ..
Quote 0 0
majorkkr
Off late I have been thinking that I myself should have been got trained to give necessary injections to out beloved pets including administration of saline etc .. rather than approaching these useless vet docs who are more interested in squeezing money than treatment ... Now no plans to rear another pet as separation is unbearable and better not to have one rather than keeping one and loosing under the hands of these so called useless vet docs yet again.. may be I am wrong... May be I am right
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear MakorKKR,

That is exactly how I have been feeling. In my opinion you are right.

I have been studying Veterinary Science for quite some time on-line, but what I learned was too late to help save my boy "Marmalade." I know some of the others here have been very fortunate in finding good Vet's, but that appears to be very, very rare. In my case 5 of them failed Marmalade and I. Including 2 supposed Animal Hospitals. And I spent thousands of dollars trying to obtain good care for my lad. But I would have spent every cent I had to try and save him. But it didn't matter.

From here forward, due to what I experienced, I will never have another pet in my lifetime, largely because Vet's can not be trusted in my opinion. That is a personal choice. But it is based upon what I experienced firsthand over the last several years with 5 of them. And what I have repeatedly come across on this pet grief forum and 2 other message boards. Just way too much heartache and I can never go through this kind of grief again in my lifetime. I am 57 years old now. 

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
majorkkr
Dear James .. you said that perfect.... No another pet in my lifetime ... True we cannot trust these vets .. of course there may be few of them good ones but what's the use .. yep it's our personal choice..... true you know I tried CPR also but it was of no use as I tried CPR what we learnt for human beings ... whereas later when I read on net CPR for pets is different process and technique..... anyways we hope our babies are doing well whereever they are and we will love them always in our heart... A love above all relationships ...
Quote 0 0