Forum

Author   Comment  
coopsmom02

Reply with quote  #1 
Yesterday around 5 pm she got out and I figured she would go to the other dogs outside and instead she went to the road.  The neighbors dog must have got her attention and she got hit by a car.  I feel it is all my fault.  I heard the door slam and didn't even go chk to see where she was.  She has never went towards the  road before but this time she did.  She was my baby,  I have raised her off of a bottle since day 1 so yes she was my baby.  She had had reoccuring bladder infections and I had just had her back to the vet on friday w/ mucus diareaha.  I know she wasn't well and maybe this happened for a reason but I would have rather put her down and known about it then her to get hit by a car.  Our normal day consisted of:

Waking my other Baby my little boy up for school
Them playing before school
I would take my son to school come back home
Princess and I would then take a nap this is everyday
If i was taking a bath she would sometimes get in it w/ me
sit outside the bathtub etc...
She slept with us
Layed on my arm and took naps
I fed her chicken everyday with her dog food
I LOVED HER AND STILL LOVE HER I DONT KNOW IF I CAN GET OVER THIS
She was only 6 months old and 9 days
She would talk to me with her dog bark
if i would fuss and her she would fuss back it was so cute
she would not let my husband kiss me lol!!
I MISS HER SO MUCH

At least the young boy stopped and said he was sorry but that doesnt take the pain away.
I carried her up the driveway and in my garage I could not hardly breath, I could not get my breath out to cry that was my baby girl in my arms dying.  I HOPE AND PRAY THAT DOGS GO TO HEAVEN.  I WANT TO HOLD HER AGAIN ONE DAY.  My husband picked us up and rushed us to the vet and she was pronounced dead my world ended.  I kissed her on the way to the vet and told her I loved her I hope and pray she heard me.  I LOVE HER SO MUCH.  I DONOT KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS.  WHEN I WAS YOUNGER YOU KNOW YOU COULD JUST GET ANOTHER DOG AND IT WOULD BE OK BUT I DON'T WANT ANOTHER DOG.  I DON'T THINK I WOULD BE DOING PRINCESS RIGHT I JUST WANT MY LITTLE PRINCESS BACK. 

kubug

Reply with quote  #2 
My heart aches for your loss. I understand your deep pain it is like being punched in the stomach.I lost my Sammy a week ago and found this website. There are incredible people here who have helped my husband and I out sooo much so keep coming back to the message boards. There is a candlelight service every Monday night and I will light a candle for Princess too. I too struggle with where Sammy is and these wonderful people helped me understand that YES there is a place for our furbabies and it is Rainbow Bridge and Sammy, Princess, and all the others are  waiting for us there where we will be reunited. And while they wait they will play in the grass and chase butterflies and the most important of all have no pain. I will keep you  in my thoughts.
River

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry. I lost my baby, an 18 month old yellow lab 16 weeks ago. He was hit by a car while on an outing with my daughter and died 10 minutes before he arrived at the emergency animal hospital. I know how deep the sorrow you must be suffering is. I read in someone else's post that it is possible for them to hear you for as long as 30 minutes after they pass. The post explained the mechanics of it, but I gather it is just the way that things shut down. I too struggle to understand where my baby is, but I truly do believe that if there is a heaven, our beloved pets do go there. Our other dog suffered deeply too and we felt the only way to help him was to bring another pup home right away. We knew that River would have loved the new pup too. We have another new addition, who arrived this week. He is River's nephew. They have both been a great comfort to us, but I will always love and miss my little yellow fellow. I hope your heart will soon begin to heal.

Attached Images
jpeg 4759_100158082117_500472117_2043946_3330696_n.jpg (38.54 KB, 8 views)
jpeg J27.jpg (1022.83 KB, 8 views)
jpeg New_Image_reduced.jpg (154.69 KB, 6 views)

coopsmom02

Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you for your comments the hardest part is coming home and not having her wag her tail and giving you kisses and all that unconditional love.  My little boy says Thank you supporting our puppy.  We thank you so much for reading our post.  He wants to go get the other puppy and i just can't deal with that right now.

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #5 
PLEASE READ THE BOOK ANIMALS AND THE AFTERLIFE, BY KIM SHERIDAN!  It will answer all those questions you have!! 

I'm so very sorry about your baby.  It's the hardest thing I have EVER been through!  It's a nightmare you don't wake up from.  This book has occupied my mind quite a bit...I'm so glad I found it. 

coopsmom02

Reply with quote  #6 

is it biblicial? the book and can i light a candle for my little girl?

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #7 
The book is about animals and the afterlife.  It's for anyone who has ever loved an animal and wondered what happens before, during and after their death.  It answers a lot of questions people have about their pets and dying. I couldn't put it down.

I have Poncho and Banjo's urns on a counter I didn't use in my kitchen.  Banjo was a toy fox terrier I had before Poncho.  I also have a framed picture of them there, even though their urns have their pictures on them. I keep a Yankee candle "Baby Powder" right there and light it all the time.  The candle reminds me of how Poncho smelled after his bath.

It's so hard losing a pet.  I don't think the pain will ever go away. Not a day has gone by where I didn't cry.....doesn't matter what I do, the tears fall. It's Spring...all the snow is gone...and he should be here with me.....but he's not.

coopsmom02

Reply with quote  #8 

where can i find the book and how much is it?  did my little princess feel me kissing and hugging her telling her everything was going to be ok did she hear me crying.  what was going thru her mind?  I need closure its been 3 days and i should be getting over this a little better than what i am,  i love my princess so much she was a princess to me.

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #9 
I got mine at amazon.com  I actually got 2 books, but Animals and the Afterlife is the best.  The other one was Animals in Spirit, our faithful companions' transition to the afterlife

Here is the info:

Buy new$16.95 $11.53

31 new from $9.79
18 used from $7.50

Get it by Tuesday, Mar. 23 if you order in the next 18 minutes and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
4.4 out of 5 stars   (56)

Other Editions: Kindle Edition, Paperback
Excerpt - Front Matter: "... Praise for Animals and the Afterlife Kim Sheridan has the ability to open minds and touch ..."Surprise me! See a random page in this book.

Buy new$14.00 $10.08

27 new from $5.38
13 used from $5.40

Get it by Tuesday, Mar. 23 if you order in the next 18 minutes and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
4.8 out of 5 stars   (15)

Other Editions: Kindle Edition, Paperback

Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #10 
I got it from amazon.com   It was 11.53.  The other one I got  was
Animals in Spirit: Our faithful companions' transition to the afterlife by Penelope Smith.

I got more out of Animals and the Afterlife, but both are good. The second one was 10.08
Ponchosmommie

Reply with quote  #11 
I read in one of them that when an animal is hit by a car and is killed instantly, they don't feel it...that just before impact, their spirit leaves the body.  Princess knows you love her! She is still with you in spirit. When you read the book, read from beginning to end without skipping around.  One part goes into another and it won't make sense if you skip around. It's an amazing books! 
River

Reply with quote  #12 
If you are interested in a biblical one, Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates by Gary Kurz might interest you.

You might think that you should be moving forward faster, or maybe you think that people around you expect you to. Everyone is different, but I don't think there are any shortcuts and there is no timeline to expect. It takes many, including myself, a long time to heal and recover and you can have setbacks along the way. For myself, those first weeks (rather than days) were agony and I wished for them to end. In fact I think that I was mostly suffering from shock for the first 3 days or so before it finally sank in. I hope your journey will be shorter and that your hearts will soon heal.
harli1999

Reply with quote  #13 

I am really sorry to read your story.  I can feel your pain and I just lost my dog just over a week ago and I no where you're at.  I am Catholic and was always taught that animals do not have souls and perish after they pass....that being said, I was/am really struggling w/ my loss of Harli, I need to know her spirit lives on and find it hard to believe that a being so pure and true would not live on by spirit.  So I was recommended to come here and I also just ordered a book written by a Catholic Friar, Do Doggy's Go to Heaven.  He obviously received criticism.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this book so I can grasp onto some hope.  Sending you hugs. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.