Ronnie Show full post »
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Ronnie,

I am so sorry that you are still coping with your loss of your beloved Talyn. It has been 3 months this week since I had my boy put to sleep. : (

I have never even met you or Talyn, but having looked at your wonderful photos of you and he together, somehow it doesn't seem right to me either that you two are not still together. You belonged together. You can see that in the photos.

Brother - There was no way for you to predict the future or how bad Talyn was doing at the time. You were going by past experience and knowing your boy. Sometimes we make judgement calls based upon our knowledge. You are not a Doctor of Veterinary Science. Even though Talyn was a good boy when going to the Vet's, as you wrote, it is still stressful for cats to go to the Vet's and be examined and tested as you also know. You just hoped he was going to be okay that night. Which at his age? made sense that he would. Cat's just like human's at times don't feel well and don't always go to the Doctors or the Hospital. 

Please be gentle with yourself. You can easily see the great love you had for your boy in every post and comment that you write. And he knew he was loved and cherished by you, his beloved Dad. 

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
It's approaching 11 weeks this Sunday since my precious boy left me and the world. It still feels like it just happened. I relive the night over and over. I'm extremely disheartened. He was an intricate part of my personal life. 

Still deeply missing my greatest companion ever.

Ronnie - Talyn's Daddy
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm

P.S. - thanks to everyone who has visited my boy's site.
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Ronnie,
Thinking of you on this 11 week marker. These days (dates) are always difficult and they accentuate the pain because they bring back the darker memories of loss and heartache.
I agree with James about your pictures. It is so easy to see the bond between you and Talyn! I think he would be proud of the memorial site you have set up for him! I also think he is so happy and grateful to have had such a kind and loving dad. He wouldn’t have asked for more.
Take Care,
MJ
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
Dear Ronnie,
I left a message on Talyn’s Rainbow Bridge Memorial Residency.
You had a happy life together and you were so lucky to find each other but as I said on his site I believe it was fate.
My deepest condolences on this day, 11 weeks since Talyn left to wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Blessings!
Sharon
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Ronnie,
I wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I know that Talyn is always with you; in your mind and in your heart. That’s just how it is when we share such an amazing bond. Our little friends creep into our hearts and souls and remain there changing us into the most caring people ever. I believe it is one of the gifts they leave us with.
It takes time but at some point we catch ourselves smiling at some special memory and it may be through tears but they are happy tears because we have such beautiful memories. Another gift from them!
I hope you are doing okay. Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
Hi MJ. Thanks for asking. This sunday will be 15 weeks, and it's still like it was yesterday. I haven't been very happy since Talyn left me alone in the world. It seems that, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, even at work, I am constantly thinking about him. I even started a facebook account for the very first time just to post his memorial page.
I hope you're doing better.

Ronnie - Talyn's Daddy https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
Today (July 7th) marks the one year anniversary of your passing, my dearest Talyn. The last half of the year is just a blur to me. It seems like forever that I smelled you and held you on my shoulder. At the same time it seems like just a few days ago that I was rushing you to the doctor. My life without you has been extremely mundane. You truly were a divine gift to me in a time when I needed to be enlightened. 
"When I needed a hand, I found your paw"

I've been heart broken without you. Your essence is still so deep in our apartment. You still have a longer residency here than any of our neighbors! We made such a life together here. I still have difficulty accepting the fact that you are actually not returning, even though I know. I still incorporate our habits together in my life. I also have habits that will never go away thanks to you! I played your last birthday video again. Now that the the 4th of July has passed, that was the last of the 'first holiday without you since...' as an entire year has come and gone...

You changed me as a person forever my special boy. I love you forever and beyond. I look forward to seeing you again when it's my time to leave this world, and I know I will! In the meantime, I struggle to be motivated without you but try to be patient. I carry on in your honor and do what I can to help all felines out there who are abandonded and hurting. You were truly a furry feline angel. You were larger than life. 

I went into the woods today and walked to the spot where I placed you. It was difficult to get to and I almost didn't find it as the underbrush (and this odd vine-like plant) has pervaded the surrounding ground. I finally did after much effort. I brought a hibiscus cutting but put it in the wrong spot by mistake. It wouldn't have survived anyway. Then...I looked over about 30 feet, and saw the spot! In a span of a year the trunk had broken, and it was hard to spot as the underbrush has grown over most of it. I found your spot, it was covered in a canopy of vines that actually grew over and covered the area but didn't grow through it, like a protective shell! I was able to cut away some and there it was underneath, a hollow space protecting your spot! I found the stone I placed there, then looked up slightly and saw the branch I had laid over it like a lean-to. The most amazing part...a patch of bright yellow wild flowers has grown over and round your spot! They aren't anywhere else, only around you my precious Talyn! I know how you liked the hibiscus and wild flowers! It seems so perfectly arranged by the powers that be. I know you saw me, and heard what I said so I won't repeat it here...it's our secret. I made a more visible marker for next time, and took better note of the location. I couldn't get a hibiscus that you liked, so i took some wild flowers and planted them on top of the marker I miade...
I know you saw me as I spoke to you, remembering the great times we had together playing, rolling around, walking outside together, playing hiding seek, and the 'behind the door game' you liked so much! 
I'm packing your most favorite toys and belongings in a box along with those slipers you loved so much, and the blanket and a copy of all your pictures and videos for future posterity! I will be labeling and packaging them all and putting them in a box just for you, including the last birthday gift I gave you.

I hear that bird every moring still that we both woke up to. I remember sometimes already being awake, just waiting and as soon as it starting cawcawing, you perked up an ear...I remember all the times we sat in the chair together while I did stuff online, and how you used to grab the mouse when you wanted my attention!

The new girl is grateful, kinda cute, and has learned a lot of what I've taught her, but she doesn't interact with me or talk to me like you did my little tiger :(
She can't learn the karate flip I taught you either. She won't sit with me much. She does like to be scratched in the right place, but she isn't really the one, but I'm sure you see that I had to help her or she never would have made it being pregnant and having the issues she does. I will do right by her in yoru honor, Talyn.
Everything that was ever good and right in me was reflected in you!

I try not to commiserate, but when I see you and hear you in my mind, I just feel hollow and empty again as I reach out and cannot touch you. 
I don't think a single night goes by that I don't talk to you in my dreamscape. 

I honestly believe that God wouldn't allow a love like this to exist ony to end forever. I really feel that. I will always hold you deeply in my thoughts, and remember you as I strive to make our lives better as I did before. I will never stop loving you, my precious Talyn!

Your Companion on Earth,

Ronnie
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm

TALYN-AND-ME.jpg talyncurledontop.jpg 
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Hi Ronnie,

That is a beautiful post. A very fitting tribute to your beloved Talyn. I really enjoyed reading your words. They are always so heartfelt, poignant and true. And I can totally relate to your feelings and experience. You are a valuable member of this community as you fully understand the great love we have for our lost beloved's and are so well-spoken and well-written.

I agree that our love lives on as do the spirit's of our lost boys.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
Hi James,

Thanks for checking on that. I'm not sure why I didn't see it listed, maybe they post differently than I expected.
I know you feel as I do about your lost companion and share the same depth and complexity of the loss. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I remember that post about Winston Churchill and several others. The year went by so fast.
I wish you well as always.

sincerely,
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0