Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Ronnie

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi,

That's awesome. I did not know that. Talyn totally made me fall in love with Orange Tabbyes, especially the blonde ones....he was my very speciall boy, and I wish I could give him another hug...thanks again for understanding. I think without the responses I've gotten here, I'd be losing my mind.

Reply with quote  #17 

Ah yes. He is a blonde orange tabby. Such a handsome fellow indeed! I used to love to hug the purr out of my Marmalade.

He would be sitting on my lap and I could not resist. I would hug him and gently squeeze the purr out of him. He would be purring and when I gently squeezed him his purr would get louder. Lol. It was like a game we played. He would be like "Ohhh Dad!"

He was so tolerant of me. So forgiving and so loving. Even though he was still a tough as nails, fully intact (he was never fixed) Alpha-Male Tom-Cat. He was my good boy. My Tiger-Man. I miss him so...
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #18 
Dear Ronnie,

My cat "Marmalade" visited me in a dream last night, and told me to inform you that your cat "Talyn" was officially dubbed: "Lord Talyn of the Blonde Brigade" by none other than Sir Winston Churchill's cat "Jock I." 

Thought you would like to know.

Kind regards,
James

Ps. That is "Jock I" sitting on Sir Winston's (at 88 years old) in the photo shown below.

Winston Churchill's Cat Jock.jpg

Ronnie

Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks I appreciate it.

Reply with quote  #20 

As you can tell Ronnie, I've already "Lost my mind." But we might as well have fun doing so. : )

James
gabbygirl999

Reply with quote  #21 
I totally understand and feel your pain for your loss of your precious cat, however, please stop blaming yourself and feeling this intense guilt.  Your cat was not well and the medicine may not have done anything except to prolong a painful life.  We just don't know.  Many say that when losing a pet it is better to have put them down before they get so ill, rather than to wait.  You feel guilty for waiting but doing to that to yourself will do no good.  Mourn your sweet cat but celebrate the life you had with him and try to move yourself out of this consuming grief.  It will kill you and your cat would have never wanted you to suffer as it is obvious that he received so much love from you and gave it back to you in return.
Ronnie

Reply with quote  #22 
Thanks for the encouraging words. I feel that way because I didn't check on him often enough, and I accidentally fell aslepp for 5 hours, without intending to. That was when he became feeble, and I would have noticed sooner. I feel like I wasn't diligent enough as his guardian. He was my son, and my greatest companion. But again I appreciate the kind words. It means a lot to me.

Reply with quote  #23 
Stop beating yourself up because you fell asleep.  You are human.  Nothing you did that day was meant to hurt your precious cat.  Things happen...and they happen for a reason.  It may have been his time and your falling asleep may have had nothing to do with it.  Although I certainly understand your agony of what might have been, again, it does you no good.  I pray you get peace as the days go on.
Ronnie

Reply with quote  #24 
It's been exactly 4 weeks ago today (July 7th), and it still feels like yesterday. I keep reliving that day and night over and over. How I should hae realized what was really going on and taken him to the doctor sooner...the moment I saw him fell over and rushed to get him help, the look of dispair in his eyes when I placed him in his carrier...I keep saying out loud all the things I said to him on the way, to make sure he heard me say his name one last time, all of it.
I wish I could pick him up and hold him again.

I keep trying to remind myself that he knew i loved him, he had a great life, and we had a lot of great moments together. I keep trying...

Reply with quote  #25 
This was an especially hard read because Talyn looks just like Away.  I love that damn cat - he's so funny and laid-back.  I love all of our cats, but I have a particularly soft spot for Away.  I really can't add to this; folks like James, Jackie, and others always had such wonderful things to say, and I feel that they're right - it's obvious that you love Talyn and that you did everything you were able to do for him.  Some of these illnesses can be asymptomatic or appear to be less-serious than they are until it's too late.  I'll write more a little later after I process this a bit.  I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hate how that comes across but I mean it.  Losing our animals is always devastating no matter the circumstances :(
just_lost

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie
It's been exactly 4 weeks ago today (July 7th), and it still feels like yesterday. I keep reliving that day and night over and over. How I should hae realized what was really going on and taken him to the doctor sooner...the moment I saw him fell over and rushed to get him help, the look of dispair in his eyes when I placed him in his carrier...I keep saying out loud all the things I said to him on the way, to make sure he heard me say his name one last time, all of it.
I wish I could pick him up and hold him again.

I keep trying to remind myself that he knew i loved him, he had a great life, and we had a lot of great moments together. I keep trying...

Wow...this really tugs at my heart strings.  He knew how much you loved him - the pics you posted speak volumes.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #27 

Greeting Just_Loss,

You always write and post such heartfelt, sympathetic, insightful & poignant comments. This statement you wrote below really hit home for me. And is very important for almost everyone who visits here to the Rainbow Bridge Forum to always remember, on a daily basis:

"Some of these illnesses can be asymptomatic or appear to be less-serious than they are until it's too late."

That is a really spot-on observation. Thank you for sharing that with this community.

Kind regards,
James
just_lost

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories_of_Marmalade

Greeting Just_Loss,

You always write and post such heartfelt, sympathetic, insightful & poignant comments. This statement you wrote below really hit home for me. And is very important for almost everyone who visits here to the Rainbow Bridge Forum to always remember, on a daily basis:

"Some of these illnesses can be asymptomatic or appear to be less-serious than they are until it's too late."

That is a really spot-on observation. Thank you for sharing that with this community.

Kind regards,
James

I appreciate that, James - thanks for saying so.  I feel like I say mostly the same things when offering condolences, but I do mean them and hope that I don't come across as trite.  I understand what some folks are going through and want them to know that they're not alone.

You, Jackie, and others always have such wonderful things to say as well, and I don't want to take away from that 😉  So I try to come up with simple things to let folks know that I'm thinking about them.

My statement about illnesses came from a very difficult lesson a few years ago that will haunt me till the end of my days.  I may elaborate on that again, but let this suffice for now.
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #29 
Hi Ronnie,
Guilt seems to be a part of grieving. It is so difficult to see clearly through the pain of loss that you feel when you lose a beloved 4-legged family member. You had no way of knowing when you were sleeping that Talyn was so very ill. Of course if you’d known you would have had him at the vet earlier. Even if you had gotten there earlier it’s difficult to say with certainty that they would have been able to save him.
Talyn left when he was with you ~ the person who saved him and gave him a wonderful home. He was right where he wanted to be while he crossed over ~ with you, his human dad.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
MJ
Ronnie

Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey15
Hi Ronnie,
Guilt seems to be a part of grieving. It is so difficult to see clearly through the pain of loss that you feel when you lose a beloved 4-legged family member. You had no way of knowing when you were sleeping that Talyn was so very ill. Of course if you’d known you would have had him at the vet earlier. Even if you had gotten there earlier it’s difficult to say with certainty that they would have been able to save him.
Talyn left when he was with you ~ the person who saved him and gave him a wonderful home. He was right where he wanted to be while he crossed over ~ with you, his human dad.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
MJ

Hi Bailey,

Thank you for that. It's kindness from folks like you that have made this a little less lonely as I sit here in my room without Talyn on the armrest next to me. 
I still regret not checking on him one more time before I lay down. I feel horrible for sleeping while his languished. I really thought the worst of it had passed when I examined him last. I'm glad I got to say his name to him a few more times before he slipped away, but I still have trouble forgiving myself for not realizing how bad it was until too late...
it's exactly 6 weeks today =(
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.