NicoleHardman
My little Nuggie passed away Sunday night. It was so quick and so unexpected. I feel very empty and lost. I wish that there was something we could've done. Nuggie is the sweetest guinea pig. He was always so full of love and you didn't even have to ask him for purrs. He is God's greatest gift and he will be very missed. I am so grateful for the six years we had together. I will cherish each and every moment we had together. I know that he is safe now. He is up in heaven with his big sister. Frosty. I can't seem to find comfort in anything. 
nuggie.jpg 
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Nicole~~~I am sorry that you lost Nuggie. The hollow, empty feeling-- we all understand it because like you, we were so lucky to have a deep, loving bond with our pets. I hope that you get little signs, or moments when you feel Nuggie, and his sister Frosty is around you. If and when it happens, let the good feeling wash over you-- even if it's only a second or two-- because it can fill that empty spot in your heart. I love his picture-- especially as the light is framing his wonderful face. He was your light. I haven't started a diary/journal yet but lots of people here say that it has helped them. Hugs, KC

Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Nicole, 

I am so sorry for the loss of your Nuggie, what a great looking boy, love his colors.

I had a guinea pig named George when I was a kid, he loved to whistle, my Dad would whistle and then George would whistle right back, it was so funny to listen to them whistling together.
People don't realize just how smart guinea pigs really are.

I hope in time you are able to use your fond memories of Nuggie to help mend your broken heart...take you time Nicole, grieving has no time limit...so no need to rush or push yourself.

Sending positive healing thoughts your way,

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
camunki
awww your Nuggie was beautiful, how old was he???and yes, in heaven, in a good world filled with peace and love, no pain........please know your Nuggie is now your guardian angel, til you meet again!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
Chibi
Nicole, that is such a sweet picture of your Nuggie with the light shining brightly from behind him.  He definitely shined a light in your llife!
Jeri
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
aaww Nicole so sorry you lost nuggie (and what a beautiful boy he is) and gosh 6 years sounds like a wonderful long life for a guinea pig but then I've never had one so really don't know.  your pics of nuggie above are gorgeous especially the one with the light radiating out from him as it certainly must be now with him across the bridge in that wonderful place.  allow yourself to grieve the way it helps you and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks.  he was with you for so long and so close to your heart that you deserve to honor nuggie in what feels right to you.  please know that his spirit isn't that far from you and i'm sure he's there visiting you and trying to cheer you up as he always did.  we're all here for you hon, whenever you need us.  many hugs and prayers to you!
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
My sweet Nuggie, I miss you so much. The mornings are the hardest. The girls are so quiet and I miss the purrs you would give me every morning. The girls started dancing and I like to think that you are sending your love to them and they feel it. I have your stuffed penguin, Piguino. I have slept with him for the past three nights. I'm certain that he misses you kissing his feet or his arms. You gave the sweetest kisses. Sometimes you would give me toothy kisses on my fingers. It's all the little things we did together Nuggie that make saying goodbye so hard. I have part of your blanket, the one that I sent to be cremated with you. I sleep with it every night as well. You can tell that you chewed on it. My sweet Nuggie. I miss you so much. I don't know how I'm going to go back to school. I don't know how I can be happy again. I want to be happy, for the girls' sake. They miss you too. I'm always sending you my love. We all sit and talk about you all the time. Your passing happened too quickly, and it is very hard to cope. I love you Nuggie. You will always be my little man.
Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
Our sweet little Frosty girl passed away April 2014. She was five and was Nuggie's best friend. I know they are together again. It is hard to have them both gone now. It is hard to find happiness in anything. I wish I could see what they are doing together right now. I know it is warm and safe where they are. They do not need me to protect them, anymore. This is them eating grass in our backyard a few years ago.

frostyandnuggetoutside.jpg 

Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
Nuggie, I feel very lost. I want to cry but I can't. 
Earlier, we looked at pictures, some from a long time ago. I would do anything to go back to those days. I miss it when it was just you and Frosty, and you both were so tiny. I remembered when I first got you. You were by far the most handsome boar in the entire world. You had shorter fur back then. But it grew so quickly. I'm going to miss brushing your little rump. There are so many things that I'm going to miss. I cannot imagine having a different routine. It has been the same for so long.
Miss Piggie was doing a little sow strut earlier. I like to think that you were dancing with her. I feel your love Nuggie, all the time. I just can't feel any better. I want to find something to keep my time, but I don't know what to do. I want to tell someone all about you. They can never fully understand, but it would be nice to show people how much you mean to me. I don't know who to talk to.
You are at peace now, my sweet Nuggie. We got a card from the vet. They are all very sorry. They said that you were a sweet boy. They said that you were such a special friend. I know that they didn't know you on a personal level, but you still had an impact on their lives.
I miss you Nuggie, I miss you so much. I would give anything to be with you and Frosty, but I know that there isn't anything that I can do. I promise that I will take care of the girls. I promise that I'll be okay someday. I love you so much.
Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
Nuggie, I have woken up in the middle of the night every night since you left. I wish I would dream about you. You are the one thing on my mind all day. Why can't I dream about you? I miss you forever.
Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
My sweetest Puggie, I still miss you with all my heart. I had to go back to school. I'm just glad it gave me something to do all day. I don't want to return to a home where you aren't there. The house still seems so empty and dark. Even when you shine your light on the world, it still seems empty. How can I go on? I love the girls and I want to be there for them. I just feel so helpless. I am not crying as much these past few days, even though I want to. The feeling is still very much there... maybe I just ran out of tears. I miss you my sweet Nuggie. I promise to get you a proper urn soon. I promise that I will be okay because I know you would want me to be okay. I feel sick. I feel hollow. I'm scared that someone will say something to me and I will break down into tears. I saw a poster today in a classroom that had Guinea pigs from that one movie on it. Are you sending me a message? I love you my sweet son.
Quote 0 0
NicoleHardman
Nuggie,
It has been one week since you left us. In that time, we have told people about you. We showed them pictures, talked about your sisters and your nicknames. We told about that one time you fell asleep outside while eating grass. It was the sweetest thing, Nuggie. We also told others how much you mean to your entire family. We told about how empty we feel without you. People were very supporting and they all knew that you were a very much loved little guinea pig.
We spent a lot of time organizing pictures of you and your sisters. We went out and bought frames. I have this frame that holds nine little Nuggies; it's the cutest thing. I'm glad that I have so many pictures of you that I can look at anytime I want. I want to look at your little baby pictures. I know I have them, I just need to find a way to look at them. I miss when you and Frosty were so tiny. 
We spent a lot of time reminiscing these past few days. We watched older videos of you and Frosty. There's one where Frosty is grazing underneath the cage top while you are on the outside, biting on the bars. There are several where you are giving your little purrs. They melt my heart and I would give anything to hear your little rumble struts right now. I would give anything to go back to those days.
There was a rainbow yesterday, Nuggie. Thank you for sending your love, we all really need it right now. We all send our love back to you and Frosty. All the hugs. All the kisses. All the pets. I miss you guys, I miss you so much. Just a short time ago, everything was okay. Now, my heart hurts more than ever.
You will always be my little man. No matter how much time separates us, Nuggie, you will always be the most important thing in my life. We are all so thankful to have had you and Frosty in our lives. You gave us purpose. We love you both so much. We love you so much that our hearts could burst.
Quote 0 0