katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

Before we rescued you, you spent the first year of your life abused.

You had cuts on your neck from a collar too small and had ear infections so bad for so long that your ear drums burst and your ears had to be removed. After the surgery you had infections and took about 6 months before the infection completely drained.

Everytime we would rub your ears you would thump your back leg real fast like Thumper! Hahahaha! You were so sweet and never whined about your pain not ever.

I miss my precious boy.

Maxie Momie's Best Friend, now missing Mr. Gordy Maxie's brother.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
It’s so terribly sad that people abuse animals. It sounds like Mr Gordy suffered horrible abuse before he found his furever home with you. Bless you for rescuing this dear soul! He was so happy to be rescued by you and it had to be so cute listening to his back leg thump when you rubbed his ears. Thank you for giving him such a good home and so much love. Every animal deserves this.
I’m so sorry for your loss! Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
partangel
I agree! It is horrific to know what people do to their animals. They are living creatures with feelings! Our world is a sick place anymore. Poor baby! I cannot imagine what he endured. I would take in all abused animals and love them unconditionally if I could. We have been foster parents and take in abused kids but I would love to do that for animals, as well! 
Missing my baby boy Goliath....A little heartbeat by my feet
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Hello CK,

I agree. Mr. Gordy was neutered at the same time he had his ears operated on and he got an infection there as well. Every time he sat down my sons would cringe.

For awhile he pooped and peed as soon as he got out the door or right where he ate.

That made me think with the cuts on his neck that they always left him tied up.

He was defiant with us at first with an I don't care if I'm bad attitude until he watched Max and took his lead and realized he was going to be indoors as a part of the family not tied up and we were not going to beat him.

Then he showed all he wanted to be was sweet and loved.

Quote 0 0
katporlas
Oh Partangel God Bless you for fostering!!!

Mr. Gordy used to snap at you if you got near his food. I would think what did these people do to you!

I was so happy he became mild mannered and tempered.
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy & Max,

Daddy and I were playing a game tonight and it reminded me of when we used to play games. Max would run through the board we would have to keep setting it up.
Then he would lay across the board and then steal the pieces.

We finally started playing on the table and Max would sit on the couch and watch us.

The whole time Mr. Gordy you were just happy laying on your back near us sleeping and snoring.

Momie misses and loves her boy boys
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy and Max,

Momie is in California visiting tye grandbabies.

I remenber when we moved from California to Colorado. Max sat in the front seat awake for the whole 18 hour drive and Mr. Gordy slept the whole way.

Momie misses her boys
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

2 weeks ago I saw you and you were crying. you always cried. one time you and Max ran across the street from Grandma's house and instead of following Max back to grandma's house you sat and cried so loud she ran out of the house across the street thought something happened to you, but you just didn't see anyone familiar and she had to carry you home and boy back then you were so heavy!!!  when we went camping and we went riding and came back we could hear you crying in the camper.  when we pulled up from work we could hear you crying and when you would get your teeth cleaned the vet would call and say please pick your dog up! hahahaha... that was my Mr. Gordy.  for the last 2 weeks I felt as if you have been near me in the car in the house.  Thursday will be 1 year since I had to send you to Heaven.  I know your fine with your big brother Max.  You can hear and your not hurting.  Max is not in pain and able to run, hike and swim again.  Your momie sure misses the two of you. I can't wait for the day we're together again walking Mission Bay like we used to and you and I will watch Max chase the ducks and swim....

Momie loves and misses her Maxie and Mr. Gordy
Quote 0 0