Lisac
I lost my Sy last week. She was 18. I had her since she was weeks old. Her mother was a stray that probably belonged to a cat hoarder down the street. She was born in the shed behind my house. She was the only one of her siblings that survived. She was a beautiful Siamese who loved me unconditionally. We were really close she was my best friend. She was there when my mom and sister died. She was with me during the darkest times of my life. She was a true blessing from God. I miss her like crazy.

Quote 0 0
rachbu
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I just lost my sweet baby girl Cuddles two days ago.  I had her for 17 years--half of my life (35).  I don't know what it's like to be an adult without her, and so far, it's awful.

You've come to the right place though.  Please know you are not alone here, and we understand.
xo
~Rachel
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
Lisac
Thanks this is not easy. I work with terminal patients death is never easy. Loosing your best friend is hard
Sorry for your loss too
Quote 0 0
rachbu
Pain is pain. Whether youre losing a beloved person or a beloved pet, it leaves a hole, which eventually becomes a scar, but you know it will never fully heal. Sending much love
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
Lisac
I had a rough day with dealing with my grief over Sy I was working a 16 hour shift and I hit me that Sy wouldn't be there when I got home. She went home to be with the Lord over a week ago but for some reason it hit me. I tried not to cry at work when one of my patients has their dog the dog isn't friendly. He looked at me really sad whimpered then put his paws around my neck and licked my face. It surprised his owner. I told I had just lost my cat. I guess the dog tried to comfort me in his own way.
Quote 0 0
rachbu
That's beautiful. Animals sense our grief.

I was just writing on Evie's thread that caregivers deserve care too. I hope you are receiving support considering the tremendous support you give to others every day. Even if you aren't one to ask for help, try it, just once. It's amazing how kind people are especially when they've been through this themselves.

I hope this is at least somewhat intelligible. I'm half asleep in bed, i had to write as your pain is palpable
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
Lisac
Thanks I had a really good day today. When I got to work my German Shepherd friend was there visiting his family. He ran up to me wanting me to pet him. I know I'll have bad days but I'm thankful for the good days.
Quote 0 0
Lisac
My lil Sy died of renal failure. Even though im a CNA and in nursing school I didn't recognize the signs and symptoms. My vet told me they were different for a cat and human. In memory of my little Sy I encourage everyone to learn the signs and symptoms. In the beginning they are to subtile to notice then progresses to excessive thirst excessive urination weight loss and appetite loss. If you even think your cat has this please contact your vet.
Quote 0 0
Lisac
I went to Sy's vet to pay on her final bill. It was painful. I have had a few good days but going back there was hard. I really wanted to cry but didn't. I found myself praying for a couple who had brought their terminaly terminally ill dog in to see the vet. She was so sick and they were really heart broken.
Quote 0 0
Bizbol
Hi, Lisac,

I wanted to thank you for posting kind words in Tsuk's thread. I appreciate it very much.

I'm very sorry you lost your little Sy. You seemed to love her a lot. There is nothing we can say or do that makes us feel better in such times. I lost Tsuk on September 7. I remember the first few months were like hell on earth, if such a thing is possible. To be honest, if I could've joined him, I would have. It's only been two weeks for you, so the pain is still very raw. In time, with patience, strength and courage, your heart will heal, but if your experience is like mine and that of many others, the loss will leave a big scar. Your feelings will change; the raw pain will slowly disappear, but you will never forget Sy. I now can cherish all the moments I had the chance to share with Tsuk. I still shed tears now and then, but I no longer feel the crippling pain of the first few months. 

Please take care of yourself and never hesitate to ask for help.

I wish you strength and peace,

Eric 
Quote 0 0
Lisac
Thanks, I'm taking it one day at a time. I have good days and bad days. The whole experience was a total emotional rollercoaster. She went from being ok to sick then gone with in a couple of days. She died the day after my final exam for nursing school. I miss her but I know she isn't suffering and is with my dad and that helps. I'm sorry for your loss too
Quote 0 0
Wallesmom
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my baby yesterday. He would have been seven in January. Hours after I found my Wall-E I had to go to an appointment to get my car fixed. The shop has two dogs that hang out in the waiting room. The day before neither one paid me any attention; but yesterday was different. I walked in and both dogs came over to me, I tried to not look at them fearing I would burst into tears. Then I felt one gently licking my hand and I looked down, that dog looked me right in the eyes with such knowing and sorrow that I bent down and wrapped my arms around his neck. Both dogs just sat there and whimpered a little and leaned into me as if to say they knew and that I would be okay and that I was allowed to be sad. It was so surreal.
Quote 0 0
Lisac
Sorry that you lost your wall-e. I really believe that animals can sense your grieve. I found out that my new German Sheppard friend is a retired Marine K9 trained to only respond to his handler. He still comforts me when he sees me and ignores everyone else
Quote 0 0