macesmom
I don't know if I can put my feelings into words but I will do my best. I found my boy Mason back in 2006, 3 months after my mother passed away from complications from multiple sclerosis..I found this little furball puppy 6 hours away from where I lived...I saw his little face and knew I was meant to adopt him. I was very close to my mom plus an only child, so her death has been rough even now.. to this day I believe my mom led me to my Mason and he was such a good boy. He was a lab/boxer mis with a beautiful butterscotch fur. He was always there for me, a failed marriage, divorce, remarriage, having our son, etc. In the last 2 years his hips were bothering him and started losing weight (he was 75lbs in his prime). I told myself that he would tell me when it was time for him to leave me. That day came 4 weeks ago...he slipped on our floor and he cried in pain. I stayed true to my promise to him and had him put to sleep. The pain and loneliness is at times unbearable, and I begin balling pretty much everyday. I feel so depressed and the stress from this is making some of my medical conditions flare. I am so lost without him with me, and in a sense I feel like I lost my mother all over again since she brought Mason into my life. He lived a long and fun 14 years with me...I don't know what I can do to ease my pain..
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Macesmom, I’m so sorry for your loss! You had such a deep bond with Mason because he came into your life at a time when you really needed him and I believe your mother did have someone to do with you finding him. Mason has been with you through the good and the bad and of course that made you closer to him. Bless you for letting go of him when he was in pain and needed to go! That’s what true parents do. They put their child’s needs first. As a pet parent you put your Mason’s needs ahead of your own and now you’re left reeling at the hole it leaves in your life not having your Mason there. Please believe me that it will get better with time. Right now you’re navigating through such grief and sense of loss. This forum is a good place to come and just let your grief pour out. Cry when you feel like it for as long as needed and let yourself acknowledge that this has been a tremendous loss for you no matter what others may say or think. Not everyone will understand. I hope you write an update when you feel up to it. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
macesmom
Thank you CK for your kind words...my husband are now on the verge of losing our 2nd elder dog Chelsea. She is a husky/Shepherd mix around 12 years old. She was fine this morning and now she can't get up, won't eat or drink. Her eyes are glassy and gums are pale. I don't think she will make it through the night. Wow 2 dogs passing in a months time.. heartbroken again
Quote 0 0
CK1991
4CA4AEB2-BEF7-45B0-AA75-F4E86F47B339.jpeg     I just now saw your reply. I’m sorry I wasn’t back to check sooner and I’m so sorry to hear about your other dog. That’s terrible losing two beloved dogs in such a short time! If you come back to the forum I hope you see my post. I am thinking of you and sending my deepest sympathy and hugs to you!!!
Quote 0 0