Forum

Author   Comment  
Becky1990

Reply with quote  #1 
As I write this, with a lit candle, I can't believe it's only been 6 weeks today. I can not stop thinking of you. Everything around this house reminds me of you!! I know it was your time but I am not ready for it. I so miss you being right beside me.
Gypsy has been wanting to eat now where you was eating. She is still greiving for you like I am. Toby had to go smell your blanket for a minute. He misses you too. We all do!
But, I know now you are happy and having fun in Rainbow Bridge. You have lots of new friends because I met some of their parents here in this forum. They have helped me tremendously. Have fun baby boy and I will try to stay strong for you. I love you forever Shemp. You are always in my heart. Love you, Mommy
MyBella

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Becky,

I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous Shemp, he truly is a beautiful boy, with such gorgeous eyes.
Becky, six weeks is no time at all, your heart and mind haven't even had time to adjust to the emptiness left behind by the leaving of your Shemp, the sudden disruption of your daily routine with your precious boy is such a hard adjustment to make, and while the pain in your heart does and will subside a bit with time, we always feel that part of us that is missing, our babies are that missing part, they gave us so much each day that when they have to leave, we are never prepared, how do we prepare for the loss of such loving members of our family. It does take time Becky, grieving has no time limit, so please don't rush or push yourself.

I am truly sorry for your loss, sending our most positive, healing thoughts your way. May your heart always know and feel the soft warmth and love of your beautiful Shemp, bringing with his love, the peace and healing you so deserve.

Sincerely, Don, Vera and forever our little Bella

Image result for keep in my heart forever pooh quotes
Becky1990

Reply with quote  #3 
Don, Vera, and precious Bella,
Thank you so much and I am so sorry for your loss as well. Bella is a beauty furbaby as well. I love his name!!
Your right we are never prepare to lose them. I thought I was, given that he was 19 years old. I guess my denial kicked in since he lived that long and he was an outdoor cat as well!! I know I am very very blessed. Im grateful to have gotten a (very short one) video of him playing recently and a recording of his very loud demanding meow lol. I can look at the video briefly but not listen to his voice yet. That makes me break down and cry.
Thank you for your kind words, the message of hope and you's are in my prayers.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #4 

Dear Becky,

I too am so sorry for your loss of your beloved "Shemp." He was truly a handsome boy. It is so, so obvious how much you adored him, by reading your very loving and heartwarming words. I am happy to know that Shemp lived an extraordinary 19 years and was able to enjoy the outdoors too, which is rare. And for his long life, that he experienced love, joy and comfort etc.

I offer you my sincerest condolences.

My kindest regards,
James 
Becky1990

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear James,
Thank you for your kind words. As you had stated, I know that he lived a long time, especially being a cat that went outdoors as well. Maybe that is why I thought that he would live forever lol. Even the vet was amazed. In all the years I had him and he went out everyday, he came home only once with some minor scratches on his face and the vet gave him an antibiotic just in case. I always kept him indoors at night except a few times when he got stubborn and didn't come in when he was suppose to lol. I didn't sleep well those night looking for his butt either lol.  He was a daddy's boy at first since my husband found him in our backyard. He would tell him every night "it's time for bed"  and Shemp would follow him. And sometimes Shemp would tell him it was time for bed! A couple months after Shemp arrived, I came home from work and found another cat in the house. He swears that Shemp had brought her home with him. She was in bad shape and we wasn't even sure she was going to make it. Her name is Gypsy and she is here today at 18 years old! My husband passed away in 2009 from Lou Gehrig's Disease at 52 years old and Shemp really helped me get through that grieving process. How lucky was I to have him another 10 years!
My first cat Bigwig (orange like Marmalade) came from Colorado Springs, Co and made the long trip to Florida by car. By the second day he was in the back window basking in the sun. I came across your writing about Marmalade yesterday morning that has the pic of him next to the marmalade jar and also the pic of the cat with the sword. It made me cry at first then I had tears of joy when I saw how proud he was of himself as he should be!! I could tell he was the "king" and rightly deserved!! He is such a beautiful boy! You two were meant for each other and was truly soulmates. I am so sorry for your loss James. We both know he is a "one in a million" that God placed him where he was meant to be. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story about his life. My deepest condolence.  Becky
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.