JimB Show full post »
JimB
That's awesome, Steve. I'm so glad that you had such a vision of Miso. 

As far as beliefs, what I posted about the Rosicrucian stuff isn't necessarily what I point-for-point believe; I was just trying to share an inspiring viewpoint. I sincerely hope that there's an eternal spirit-plane and that everyone we ever loved will one glorious day be reunited with us. I hope that with all my heart. I do suspect that there's much more to life than meets the eye... and that we all share the same spiritual Source. After all, we share the same physical source, the universe, right? What's in the mirror (physical) is but a reflection of what's ultimately more substantial (our Source). And all the top thinkers have said that "energy" (the essence of matter) can never be destroyed, that it merely changes form. So logically it makes sense that physical death is only an end to the reflection in the mirror... and not what was reflected.

Love and blessings,
jimmy
“Beautiful memories treasured forever of the special times we shared together, faithful companion until the end, rest in peace - farewell my friend”.
Quote 0 0
Lrogers424
Hi Jim,

Your post hit so close to home and I cried as I read your final moments with Precious.  1 year ago, we also had to make the same horrible decision and I held my sweet Daisy in my arms as she died.  I whispered to her about all the wonderful adventures we had together.  The last thing I told her was that she had completed her mission in life: she loved and was loved.  Daisy was a rescue who came into our lives at age 2-3.  We had 9 wonderful years together and she was my best friend.  She watched the kids grow up and through it all was right by my side.  Her loss was sudden and devastating.  I have been through much in life, but her loss was by far the worse. 

Congratulations on Juno's adoption and for putting your heart out there again.  Many people are scared to love again and fear "replacing" their beloved pet.  It is not replacing, one is not the other and can never be, but rather it is an opening of your heart to love again.  Juno is a lucky girl.  I love what your wife said to you; to let Juno love you.  3 1/2 months after Daisy died we adopted an 8 week old puppy, Luna.  She has helped so much in the grieving process and has grown to be a devoted friend and companion for me.

I wish you and your wife peace and comfort and much love with Juno.
Lori, Daisy's Mom and now Luna's Mom
Quote 1 0
JimB
Lori,

Thank you so much for your sweet words. It's hard not to at the very least tear-up when reading members' stories here, isn't it? I have done the same. There's a whole lot of loss here... but also healing and blessings.

I hope Luna stays by your side for many wonderful years. I plan for our Juno to do the same with us. I had planned on Precious always being here, too, and, yes, it came on suddenly that that wasn't to be. Truthfully, we're still reeling from her loss even though Juno most of the time eases our emptiness. I'd be lying, though, if I said we're anywhere even close to being "over" Precious. God, no. We're still missing her every day. Last night was another bad one for me. And just about every morning that I wake up... because Precious doesn't prop herself up on my chest like she did for six years. That's the way she usually did in the morning. She'd prop herself up like my chest was a bar or something, putting her beating heart right against mine... and she'd just gaze down at me so seriously. Other times (if I slept too long) she'd start doing this little jumping at my hand under the pillow if I was on my back, like she was attacking it. The vet told me, after Precious had taken her final breath and I said "this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life", she goes "the hardest thing will be waking up in the morning and Precious isn't there". Oh, how right she (the vet) was.

Thanks again for reading my entry here, Lori. I'll get around to reading yours soon, too, when I feel a little better. Stay strong.

Love and blessings,
-jimmy
“Beautiful memories treasured forever of the special times we shared together, faithful companion until the end, rest in peace - farewell my friend”.
Quote 0 0