Forum

Author   Comment  
powdergirl

Reply with quote  #1 
She was my girl, my only girl. She faithfully stood by my side for 14 and 1/2 years. She saw me through so much and was always there with a wag of her tail. She succumbed to cancer Monday morning Nov 2 at 4:30am. I was lying by her side.

I have no faith in God but when I read the poem the rainbow bridge, it brings me hope that I will be reunited with her someday, hope that I can find my faith again.

I miss her so very much. I can't sleep, eat or stop crying. She was and always will be my best friend, my Powder Girl.

ALICE

Reply with quote  #2 

She is a beautiful girl!  And I am sure she had a wonderful, and spoiled rotten life as did Bubba.  They never ask for anything but we give them everything and we get more in return, unconditional love!  That's hard to give up.

lrlookadoo

Reply with quote  #3 
She is beautiful.  She went about the same time as my Bailey.  The pain is absolutely horrible but I have to take some comfort that he is not here suffering.  They (Bailey and Powder Girl) must have crossed the bridge together.  Today is the first day I have been able to function half way normal.  This may be because of my faith in God.  As much as this hurts and there is a huge empty space, it could have been worse because I would not have been able to stand to watch him suffer or to make the decision to put him down.  He went peacefully in his sleep.  I hope that you can find your faith again.  God is always there waiting on us.  I will pray for you and know that I understand the awful pain.

Lisa - Bailey's forever mom
powdergirl

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you
dustyangel

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Powdergirl,

I lost my kitty Patches on Saturday, 10/31...He passed at the Vets office through the night, and I was told the next morning...

It sounds to me, like such a sweet tribute for you and your girl, that in your own words, she was faithfully by your side for 14 and 1/2 years...and then, when it was her time to make her way to the Rainbow, there you were, faithfully by her side just as she had been for you so many times.  How beautiful a tribute to the love she had for you, and you for her. 

I take comfort, as so many have reminded me at this precious website, that though my kitty passed away in an incubator, away from my side and alone at the vets, that my kitty Dusty (and DJ, too) were there waiting for him, so in spirit, he was not truly all alone.  

Though you are sad now, and in such grief over not having your precious girl, it seems like she wanted one of your lasting memories to be...that of her by your side, and you by hers... How beautiful a memory for you...  

I'm sure your baby, somehow, will send you some signs that your heart will know, is from her, and your faith will be awakened all the more that she is your little powder girl angel-winged sweetheart, shining her love on you from above.  

Bless you...Karen (Dusty, DJ, & Patches mom)  

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
powdergirl

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you for your kind words. It made me cry but in a good way. 
lrlookadoo

Reply with quote  #7 

Thank you so much for the kind words on my forum.  I hope your pain soon eases, but not the memories. 

I truly believe that they crossed over together.  I had this comfort when I saw what time Powder passed knowing that neither were alone.  Rest assured that if she is guarding the food supply, Bailey is there with her happily eating.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.