Love_you_always_yoda
Four days ago today I had the unfortunate news of learning that my 9 month old baby Bengal cross called Yoda had been found dead after being hit by a car.

I went to retrieve his body and when I got home I took him from the box they had placed him in and wrapped in up in his two favourite blankets along with his favourite toy. Then I took him to the vet to be cremated RIP Yoda.

Before I wrapped him up I inspected where he got hit and it looked like a direct hit to the side of his head so I hope that he didn't suffer. I don't know if this was the right thing to do but I took one last photo of him.

Now what I'm really having a hard time with is that my wife on the day we found out what happened got rid of everything he owned and the only thing remaining are the photos of him and his cat tree which I refuse to take down.

I've cried most nights after his death and even while writing this I'm in tears. Yoda was suppose to be with me for the next 15 years not 9 months and I miss him so so much.
Quote 0 0
shantismom
So sorry to hear about your Yoda.  I lost a bengal named Shanti back in October.  They are special cats.
I would think that if he was hit in the head that he did not suffer and you can be sure he is not suffering now, no pain, no problems.
The pain you feel is the price you pay for the love you had and they are worth it.
I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am really sorry to hear about what happened to your Yoda. I had a cat once who was killed quickly by a car. It is so sad. It sounds like Yoda wouldn't have felt any pain. He would have been knocked clean out instantly. But I am very sorry.

It is normal to cry for a loved one passed, whatever species. But we all handle grief in very different ways. Some people cannot bear any reminders. I have friends who cleared every single thing away connected with their dog, on returning home after having him put to sleep. They didn't even bring his body home but left it at the vet's for a mass cremation. They never even show me photographs of him.
Now they LOVED that dog so much. I know. I used to visit them when he was alive. He was loved a lot...but that was their way of handling it. So far removed from my own way. I couldn't have done the same.

I still have my dog's leash and collar hanging up where it always used to hang, and her day-bed is still in the special place downstairs. I want all the reminders. I couldn't have got by without them.
But that way is not for everyone. So I understand your wife, and how she is finding her own way to cope.

It's good that you have this forum to come and share what you are feeling, and remember dear Yoda.

My kindest thoughts.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0