Arikayana
I loved her so much.  I gave all my love and heart to my wonderful dog who was about to celebrate her 1yo birthday.  She loved to run and play and I could swear I caught her smiling sometimes.  But yesterday, she wandered too far, she crossed the road.  I debated crossing to get her because she runs thinking it’s a game.  So I waited for the cars to stop.  Just as a bus was coming, she chose that moment to come back to me.  The bus scared her and she ran from it, and I watched in horror as it ran over her body.  I was frozen in shock and horror.  
I buried her last night.  I picked up all her toys.  I gathered all her food.  I’ve cried so hard and so long.  But the tears don’t stop.  I loved that dog with all my heart and I watched her get crushed.  I wanted to see her get old.  I wanted to share so many more memories with her.  I wanted to have her lay by me in bed every night.  My heart is broken.  I feel like a shell of a person.  I can’t eat.  I can’t sleep.  I can’t go to work.  What am I supposed to do?  How can I go on?
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Lea,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet pup. I can only imagine the horror and shock of seeing your beautiful pup get run over by the bus.

There are many compassionate and understanding people here who have or are experiencing a similar grief. Please feel free to share feelings, stories and pictures of your pup if/when you feel up to it.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Arikayana
Thanks Jan.....I feel like I do need to chat with people who understand.  I am new to this website.  I saw a chat room that has people at certain times...I might go on there....I just feel so lost....I just looked at a bunch of pics and videos....
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Lea, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you deeply as my fur baby Ginger was run over by a car. The grief and heartbreak you feel I know is immense. And having to witness it all has left you with terrible last image. The night I found out I too went back to my home and gathered all her things and put them away as a sort of burial. The pain was gut wrenching. I sobbed. Days after I saw I a YouTube video abt how to deal with pet loss and it actually suggested not putting away all their things in one shot but rather to do gradually bcs the empty spaces would be too much.

We all grieve differently though. You're only on the beginning of your journey. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. We're here for you. 💛
Quote 0 0
Arikayana
Thank you for responding. I kept some of her toys out.... i put her collar on one of her fav stuffed animals and put it on the mantle. I hope this grief and heart break I feel fades
Quote 0 0
Living_with_tragedy
I don't know what to say to make this better for you.  I am crying reading this. You suffered an indescribable loss. It seems unimaginable. That poor little girl. She is in Heaven now. She sounded like a happy little girl whom you loved so much. 

I am so very sorry for what happened. I offer my condolences. This may haunt you for a while and you will grieve. There is no timeline or rules for grieving.  Please come here for consolation and understanding.  There are so many nice people on this forum. If you need to speak directly to a pet loss counselor, there are 2 places I know of. Lap of Love pet loss hotline 10am-9pm ET M-F, ph: 855-352-5683, and Day by Day pet loss hotline, 24/7, phone: 484-453-8210.  

I will pray for you that you get through this. It is a traumatizing event. You need people who will understand.  Visit here and we will guide you.  In the meantime, reach out to the hotlines. 

I am so deeply sorry.

~ Parker's Mom
Quote 0 0
Arikayana
Thank you for the hotline numbers, I will probably call soon. Thank you for taking the time to reply it means alot that people understand and offer support.
Quote 0 0