LynnRenee
Hi I am new here. I am having such a hard time dealing with the loss of my best friend Peaches. My bird suddenly died in my arms recently. I had her for 20 years. She was everything to me. She even slept in her birdie bed next to me every night. She was my little love, my constant joy, my happiness. My entire heart is broken. I miss her so much. I have been crying everyday, all day long. I loved her with my entire heart and soul. I don’t know what to do. 💔
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved peaches. Birds are such sweet creatures and the pain you are feeling is still very raw. By what you wrote peaches & yourself had a long & loving life together & I am glad that you came into each others life & experienced such love & joy & that is very special & something you can treasure forever. In time things will become easier for you & you will find that the grief comes over you unexpectedly 'in waves but whatever you are faced with know that you will be healing, even though it may feel like you aren't. I hope that you continue to visit this forum because it will help you on your journey. Everyone on here understands & we all support you. I would love to hear more about Peaches. What type of a bird was she?

Sending you comfort & peace on your journey.

Daisy's mummy
Angelina 
Quote 0 0
AlexandraT

I know the pain you are feeling right now is probably breaking your heart. To have someone by your side for so long and then having to let them go is very hard. Please be comforted by the fact that you gave Peaches all those years of love.

For me, being on this forum has helped me so much and even though I’m still in pain it has given me hope that one day it will get better. I hope you stay here too and share with us some of your memories with Peaches.

Sending hugs

Quote 0 0
LynnRenee
Thank you so much for messaging me Alexandria. Peaches was a sun conure parrot. She was absolute beautiful. My niece took all of my many pictures and videos of her out of my phone because I can’t even look at them right now. We were so close, she was with me all of the time. I wouldn’t go on trips, sometimes not even out with friends because I enjoyed being with her. I wish I could express in words how much love I had for her. She taught me unconditional love, a love I never felt before. She was so much fun. I keep praying my heart will heal, even just a little. Although she is worth every tear I shed, all of the heartache I feel. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Quote 0 0
LynnRenee
Sorry I don’t really know how to reply to messages on here. I don’t know what I’m doing 
Quote 0 0
chilover
LynnRenee 

I imagine Peaches was a beautiful colour. Parrots are intelligent birds & a joy!

I totally understand how you feel about not being able to look at pictures & videos of her, that is very common after a loss, my Daisy passed 10 months ago & I still sometimes cannot look at pictures of her. I have some printed & stuck in a scrapbook & plan to put in many more but I can only print them on days when I instinctively know that I won't break down. I try to take each day with care & remind myself that I am still healing, as it takes time...I can tell in your writing just how very precious Peaches was to you, & I know how you feel about her being worth every tear, I feel exactly that way too about my Daisy.  Please be gentle with yourself & allow yourself to cry & grieve in whatever way you feel works for you, our bodies have their own way of healing  & grief takes time, but you will heal & there will come a time when you can look at those beautiful pictures & videos of her & smile..Maybe one day you could put some pictures into a scrapbook - everybody is different & has their own way of dealing with the healing process but I find this a really positive thing because it gives me some comfort knowing that although my Daisy isn't here with me in body, she is with me in other ways & that is better than nothing....

Sending comfort and hugs
Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 
Quote 0 0
LynnRenee
Thank you so much Angelina. I am so sorry about your Daisy. I pray that in time I can be open to enjoying my beautiful pictures and videos. Peaches had beautiful vibrant colors and a little heart that loved me so much!!! You are so kind. Thank you for your encouraging words. ❤️❤️❤️
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Peaches. I had my girl for 20 years, too. She was my soul cat and so much a part of me. I miss her so much. Take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
LynnRenee
I am so sorry Andrea. My heart goes out to you. I know how much you miss her. It’s so hard for me. Take care of yourself as well. ❤️❤️🙏
Quote 0 0