Forum

Author   Comment  
crkati

Reply with quote  #1 

My 14 year old Shih Tzu disappeared 3 weeks ago when my husband and I were in the US. I have protected him his whole life and am so grief stricken that I don't know what to do. We live in a small town in Panama and I think, everyone now knows he is missing. We have made posters and offered a reward but so far no leads. I am so angry at the people who were supposed to be caring for him. He has always been my baby. This is like a neverending nightmare because I don't know if he is alive or dead. I don't even know how long to hold on to hope. My days are full of depression. How do I cope with this?

nicokudo

Reply with quote  #2 
crkati,

I'm so sorry that your precious boy is missing.  Am sending you positive thoughts that you will find him.  I'm not sure how long one still holds out hope, but I think that there is still time for him to be found. 

Thinking of you. 

Karen

crkati

Reply with quote  #3 

Thank you so much, Karen, for your kind words. I truly do appreciate the support. Kathy

DebbieD

Reply with quote  #4 

I hope he finds his way home soon. At least one other person on the forum is also waiting for their precious furbaby to come home - I hope they are both found very soon.

reovi

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm so so sorry this is happening...  Was he chipped by chance?  Have you been calling the animal shelters and nearby vets?  I hope your baby comes home soon!
tikibarb

Reply with quote  #6 
I am so sorry.  You must feel devastated.  What did the people who were supposed to be watching him say?  Have you called the local police?  3 weeks is a long time to know nothing.  I am guessing that someone has him.  Maybe you could go door to door and put flyers in peoples doors or on their mailboxes.  Call every vet in the area and nearby areas.  If someone has him he would have to go to a vet eventually.  My heart breaks for you.  I hope you find hi soon.
jen2010

Reply with quote  #7 

My Heart goes out to you ,to not know what has happened to your precious pet. l hope you find him soon

Reply with quote  #8 
crkati

I'm so sorry your beloved furbaby is missing. I know you must be devasted and lost without him.

I also would contact all the vets, put up flyers. Any rescue places that could offer help?

I hope you two are reunited soon.

Hugs,

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
crkati

Reply with quote  #9 

Thank you to everyone who wrote to me.You are all a source of strength. I don't think I will ever get the complete story. I know he got out of the yard during a thunderstorm. He is terrified of thunder. How he got out is up for debate. Ollie has never left his yard on his own. My husband and I have put up posters around town. In Panama, a missing dog is not police worthy. It is a different culture when it comes to dogs. And no, Ollie didn't have a chip. I never imagined I would need one. We have left posters with the 3 Vets in David. Our town is so small that I think most everyone is now aware that he is missing. And we have offered a reward. I really hope that he is with someone as the alternative is just too painful. I will say the Panamanians in our community have been wonderful and helpful. This is a nightmare.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.