sftballmom301
We put our beloved beagle comet to sleep on Tuesday my pain is so real I lost a family member we got him 13 years ago I remember the day my daughter picked him out we rescued him he was maybe 3 or 4 he was a great family member I honestly didn't realize how much I would miss him my heart is broken I just start crying. He dealt with many health issues arthritis cataract sear problems I just keep thinking there could have been something I could have done although I know he was old and tired he tried to keep up with the younger dogs and I think maybe I should have put him down sooner maybe he was suffering. Last week he got an ear hematoma that's when we decided maybe it was time. My heart aches I just want to keep on crying I come to work and go thru the day...I have 2 other dogs them seem sad too. The pain is so real what can I do? I used to see my Dads sad eyes and my Baby Comet reminded me of him. He would shuffle when he walked too. My family tells me we did all we could I just wish I could have done more.
Love and miss my old man
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am sending you so much LOVE and COMFORT and HUGS you can't imagine.  As you can tell from my Avatar I had a little Beagle too.  Molly's story is told elsewhere and this thread is for YOU, so I will only say that I truly can feel your pain.  My baby was 14 and it was sudden, a stroke, which is uncommon in dogs, but it was so fast.  I'm sure you did everything possible.  Beagles are "once in a lifetime dogs" and such funny little clowns who NEED their people.

Please know that this site is filled with wonderful caring people who will do their best to comfort you.  It has been 8 weeks today for me and I am still RAW, but sending you hugs.

I am sure Molly was at the Bridge to welcome your baby home.
janice
Quote 0 0
sftballmom301
Thank you Janice the pain is so new and raw. I hope my baby knew how much I loved him. I am sorry for your loss too.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I feel the same, but just HAVE to believe they both knew.  Molly was so confused and FRANTIC when she had that stroke that I couldn't hold her or whisper to her to comfort her in ANY way and that haunts me.

Pretty hard NOT to love a Beagle.  Hope you post some pictures even though they will make me cry with you.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0