DivasMother
Since Diva passed on my best friends birthday it’s been one heck of a roller coaster. It took me five months to get my life back to a new normal. I spent roughly two months at my parents house. I was afraid of being left alone. The puppy I had got my parents have adopted from me. Because it was a mistake getting her so soon after Diva passed however the puppy and my parents and their dogs love her so it turned out to be a good fit.

After two months almost I made up my mind to start staying at my apartment. And start a new routine.

Since Diva passed I’ve managed to walk every path I’ve ever taken her on. I wasn’t sure if I could given that it brought memories up but I was able to walk them and think positive how much Diva loved going for walks. I also donated the majority of Divas toys to my parents dogs so they could play with them.

I also donated her winter jackets and some clothing to a dog rescue organization. I kept two dog sweaters her dog baby blanket and two dog toys her urn sits on top of it.

I’ve stopped saying I’m home, I’ll be back when I leave or enter my home. But I still say good morning and good night because it brings me comfort. I felt Diva get on my bed last month which gave me great joy that she’s still around and on occasion she visits me in my dreams.

It’s still an odd feeling her not being here and my routine of having to just be comfortable in my house without her. But if I’m feeling antsy I just go for a walk and feel okay. I know she lived an amazing life and she was spoiled rotten. But I can safely say I no longer feel guilty for letting her go. I did it respectfully at home doing home hospice. And she went peacefully in no pain. I miss her everyday that will most likely never go away. And I know at this moment in my life I don’t want to have another animal.

Just not ready for one. I just want everyone to know that it does get easier with time. It still hurts and sometimes I will cry but it’s no longer as often as it was. Also just because people say to get another animal doesn’t mean you have to and till your ready. I was never ready to get another one. Tho I’m thankful that my parents were able to take the pup on.
🐾❤️🐾 Diva Born Aug 24th 2007 - R.I.P.  Feb 28th 2018/1:25pm

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
DivasMother, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you realize now you are not ready to take on another animal and that your parents were able to take the puppy you adopted. When you are ready for another puppy you will know in your heart that the time is right. 
Quote 0 0
DivasMother
Thankyou Marlen
🐾❤️🐾 Diva Born Aug 24th 2007 - R.I.P.  Feb 28th 2018/1:25pm

Quote 0 0